PDA

View Full Version : A new way to experience a ride

mi_mous
12-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Anyone else had an experience like this?

OK, I just had a GREAT time tonight with my two kids. We wanted to ride the tea cups, and the parade of dreams was going at the same time. We got on, and Alice's float goes by, and actually stops in front of the tea cups.
Of course, they have the music of the tea party muted, and it was just something about the whole timing/ effect that got to me.
Right as the ride starts, it turned to the part that has Walt saying, " To all who come to this happy place, welcome!" Then, they start jumping on the trampolines (on the Alice float).
While I was sitting in the tea cup, I was watching my kids have the best time (they seem to go wild in the tea cups, they love them so much lately). Then, the music starts to play, "This has to be the most beautiful, the most peaceful place.." I almost started to cry.. seeing the delightment in my kids faces, the lights that were coreographed on the ride for the music to the parade.. it was all just beautiful, and magical!! I will now always try to get on the teacups when the parade is going, cause it is the best! We got to see the parade and have fun on the ride with new music!

ZenMickey
12-15-2005, 07:23 AM
That is so cool. One of those very special moments at Disneyland that you don't expect, but makes it more all that magical.

anniedg
12-15-2005, 08:52 AM
What a great post -- just makes me smile thinking about you and your kids in the teacup!

momsat1
12-15-2005, 09:04 AM
We had a similar experience a few weeks ago. The Parade of Dreams was going on, but we had already seen it twice, so we were riding all of the Fantasyland rides. We came out of Alice (at the top) and the final float with Minnie and Mickey was right in front of us. My kids were so excited and Minnie and Mickey waved like crazy at us.... If you ask my kids what there favorite thing about our last trip was, this would be the first thing they would tell you:)

Disneynerd
12-15-2005, 10:14 AM

OK, I just had a GREAT time tonight with my two kids. We wanted to ride the tea cups, and the parade of dreams was going at the same time. We got on, and Alice's float goes by, and actually stops in front of the tea cups.
Of course, they have the music of the tea party muted, and it was just something about the whole timing/ effect that got to me.
Right as the ride starts, it turned to the part that has Walt saying, " To all who come to this happy place, welcome!" Then, they start jumping on the trampolines (on the Alice float).
While I was sitting in the tea cup, I was watching my kids have the best time (they seem to go wild in the tea cups, they love them so much lately). Then, the music starts to play, "This has to be the most beautiful, the most peaceful place.." I almost started to cry.. seeing the delightment in my kids faces, the lights that were coreographed on the ride for the music to the parade.. it was all just beautiful, and magical!! I will now always try to get on the teacups when the parade is going, cause it is the best! We got to see the parade and have fun on the ride with new music!This ALMOST brought you to tears? I was brought to tears reading it! I love special Disney moments.

MrsPooh
12-15-2005, 10:54 AM
I'll just quote what I wrote in my last trip report:

One night during the fireworks (this was after we had seen them the night before) we came around the corner and the line to Matterhorn was really short. Mr. Pooh and I were dying to ride it in the dark once, and no one else wanted to ride. They were content on the bench watching the fireworks. Picture this: it is our anniversary (#14) and we are cuddled up in a Matterhorn bobsled. The ride starts, and we are amazed at how cool the ride is in the dark. You cannot see the tracks, it adds to the thrill. As we are zipping around the mountain the fireworks are in full force, and we can see them going each time we are on the outside. It was the best ride on the Matterhorn ever, and it was almost as if that moment was ordered for our anniversary. I will never forget it! The bobsleds are too small, though; my knees got banged up a bit, as usual with my long legs. There was another really cute couple in the car behind us, they were cuddling and enjoying the moment as we were!

Also, just a neat way to ride Indiana Jones: the first time I got the "driver's seat" with the steering wheel, I pretended to drive. The wheel turns, and you can pretend to be driving in the same direction as the jeep is going. For some reason it adds to the ride for me, I try to get the driver's seat whenever I get the chance! :geek: :D

Mark Mywords
12-15-2005, 03:42 PM

Probably my most joyous moment ever on a single ride at Disneyland was two years ago. My oldest son (4 years old at that time) and I got on Dumbo just as the "Believe" fireworks show was starting. It was just absolutely amazing spinning around up there with fireworks going off all around us! My son and I pretended that we were navigating our way through and around the fireworks by making our dumbo go up and down. :D

SandraVB79
12-16-2005, 06:13 AM
I have two, but they are ot about rides, but about meeting characters.

One was in teh summer of 2002, in DL. Huge crowds, many children "chasing" Minnie Mouse. I was wearing my red-with-white-dots-dress :rolleyes: (I know, I'ma freak) and my Minnie ears, and was just walking on Main Street. At one point someone pulls my dress, and I turned around, wanting to yell "could you stop pulling my dress, you idiot!" Thank God I didn't yell that to the one and only Minnie Mouse! Instead of that I had to go to her for a hug, she just came to me!!!!!!!!!!

Another time was december 2001 at DLP. Freezing cold, as usual at DLP. I was wearing my winter parka, bright yellow, with on the back a huge embroidery from Minnie Mouse. Now, if you are not very close to my back, it could just as well be Mickey! Ok, there is that little "Jungle store" in their Adventureland, and some of their stuff stands outside, and I was looking through some shirts to find my size, as someone pushes me in my back. Well, yes, I also wanted to turn around and say "don't you push me, you $@%#" (now, people at DLP are so rude, you can in no way compare it to DL. they push you, pull you, they will even knock you down is there is a large crowd for a parade or so. I am NOT kidding!). When I turn around, I stare in the smily face of THE Mouse himself!! He was sitting in some sort of a golf cart, and was driven around in the park to greet guests! While some people were knocking each other down to touch him, he touches me!!!!
I felt special!

The parka is near the end of its life... but I still wear it at DL. (my mom says she is embarrassed with me walking next to her wearing that old thing. She doesn't understand one bit of it! ;) )