PDA

View Full Version : Advice on trip coming up soon

tahnok100
12-14-2005, 05:30 PM
My family is planning a trip on the 20th to Disneyland Park, but were all getting a bit worried about the crowds. After coming on here and reading that the off-season is now a myth, we're considering postponing the trip till after new years. My question is what kind of crowds can we expect on the 20th and will it be any better later in the year? We really don't want to miss the holiday decorations and the haunted mansion overlay, so it can't be postponed too long.

Thanks!

hlbtimes2
12-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Just a guess, but I would think the 20th would be one of the best days in the next couple of weeks. Most people will still be getting ready for Christmas. Locals will be at work, as its a weekday. You'll have some vacationers, but I think a lot of people wait and come the week between the two holidays.

disneyhound
12-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Take a look at the Disneyland Calendar:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage

Starting this coming Friday, the park is on extended hours 8:00AM-12:00AM. Disneyland's hours suggest they are preparing for major crowds!

T&Rshep
12-15-2005, 04:11 PM
The Electircal Parade have returned by the 20th and may draw more people to the park. I underestimated Decemeber. The first two week are usually slow, but not this year. I just got back from 5 days at Disneyland and it was more croweded than than July 17!

rentayenta
12-15-2005, 06:57 PM
We were there this last week and it was supposed to be the super-off season. It was packed Saturday and the park hit capacity. :( I suspect it will be very crowded.

tahnok100
12-16-2005, 01:29 PM
That's what I had heard, but I was hoping to hear otherwise. Thanks, at least now we know what to expect.

ferliemom
12-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Yesterday (thurs. the 15th) was pretty darn crowded!
And now all the kids will be out of school...

You can still have fun, but just adjust your expectations!

chrisaustx
12-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Disneyland has a new marketing guy and he is keeping his word to keep the park packed. There will be no off season this year, no "light" days. Yeserday I was in the park for 4 hours, and it looked like a regular summer weekend there. Expect the park to close due to capacity issues at least a few times a week. Wednesday I heard a radio ad for disneyland, saw a movie ad for Disneyland in a theater, and saw ad's at my school, all in the course of 1 hour. They are really trying to keep the place packed, so please don't go to Disneyland thinking its the off season. My advice is, go early, do not leave the park until the evening, you may be locked out when the park reaches capacity. I predict every day for the next two weeks, Mickey and Friends will be full and the park will be closed due to capacity being reached. As the signs say at Disneyland, "plan your day carefully."