PDA

View Full Version : The Penny Arcade

Sy-
12-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Question for you disney experts. Has the penny arcade always been where it is now in the middle of Main Street? Was it ever next to the fire station. This is where I remember it being back 20 years ago. Did they move it or has it always been in the same place?

~Sy

Andrew
12-14-2005, 05:14 PM
It was shuffled a bit in the late 90s, when Carnation Main Street and the other Main Street restaurants were remodeled. The Penny Arcade lost most of its classic games (and the entire modern game section in the back) and was integrated with the candy kitchen.

The first image on this page (http://sol.students.engr.scu.edu/~jocallag/disneyland/961124.html) shows what Carnation looked like before the remodel; the Penny Arcade would be just out of frame on the right.

biolabetty
12-14-2005, 05:16 PM
As far as I can recall, it has always been in that location. I remember coming to the park as a child and having to go see the Emporium windows first thing upon entry. Now I do remember that lockers used to be next to the Emporium fairly close to the fire station, because I hated having to stop there before going on rides.