PDA

View Full Version : Wow... Tons of Snow yesterday...

ccoogle
12-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey Everyone,

Have they turned up the "snow" output on the machines recently? I was at Small World Mall last night and it seemed like there was tons of that stuff flying around. When it ended piles of suds where piled on the pathway. Just wondering, it was pretty cool, but I don't remember it being so concentrated before.

ccoogle

Another Dimension
12-14-2005, 06:44 PM
It did snow a lot last night at Small World. I walked down the stairs from the upper level after the blizzard was over and the crowd thinned a little and there was large piles of 'snow' in several places. Even bigger and more piles than I have seen anywhere at DL, even NOS after a few heavy snowfall shows. :D

Good stuff.

WITron
12-14-2005, 08:31 PM
There was also alot of snow in that area last Firday. By the time it was over we were thinking enough already. Of course I had to come back home to the real thing.

ccoogle
12-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Has that level of snow been the norm... this year? It was pretty cool but also got the pathway so coated that it felt a little slippery and unsafe when all was said and done.

All and all I enjoyed it... but Grandma (who I was with), did not appreciate the "blizzard" in her hair. LOL

ccoogle

ghoofie
12-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Has that level of snow been the norm... this year? It was pretty cool but also got the pathway so coated that it felt a little slippery and unsafe when all was said and done.

All and all I enjoyed it... but Grandma (who I was with), did not appreciate the "blizzard" in her hair. LOL

ccoogle
It was that way sunday night also. Big globs. Didn't look like snow. Looked like someone's washing machine overflowing.It took away from the effect.

Phantom2006
12-15-2005, 12:54 AM
It was that way sunday night also. Big globs. Didn't look like snow. Looked like someone's washing machine overflowing.It took away from the effect.
it has aloways look like bubbles not snow

potterphreak
12-15-2005, 06:09 AM
The first time we saw snow was in 2003 and it looked like real snow flying around and on your clothes. I have seen the fireworks and snow two times so far since Thanksgiving and both times it looks like gobs of soap-like what happens when you put dish detergent in the dishwasher! LOL I was covered in November, was really funny.

momsat1
12-15-2005, 09:07 AM
I agree about the snow. When we saw it for the first time a few years ago it did look more like snow, this year it really did just seem like bubbles. Even my 6 year old son said "Mom it's not snow, it's just bubbles".

hlbtimes2
12-15-2005, 10:24 AM
gobs of soap-like what happens when you put dish detergent in the dishwasher! LOL I was covered in November, was really funny.

I think there is an unwritten rule that eveyone has to do that at least once to find out what happens. LOL

SCUBAbe
12-15-2005, 06:07 PM
The first time we saw snow was in 2003 and it looked like real snow flying around and on your clothes. I have seen the fireworks and snow two times so far since Thanksgiving and both times it looks like gobs of soap-like what happens when you put dish detergent in the dishwasher! LOL I was covered in November, was really funny.

the first time I saw it it looked like real snow also. it was so cool. I hate the sticky bubbles they put out now...

The Genii
12-15-2005, 06:50 PM
It's always been bubbles.

If anyone saw David Copperfield's live show where he made it snow over the audience, it used the same type of machinery (and this was several years before any snow appeared at Disney on either coast).

I would imagine that, like any machinery, it needs to be kept in top-notch condition to produce the effect it's supposed to, and perhaps they're not maintaining the machines properly.

It really should look a lot like snow, and the bubbles should be very small and separate: no large bubbles and no clumps.

Another Dimension
12-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Disneyland 'Snow', after Remember, near Small World, short video clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=6rXSNrizMCo