PDA

View Full Version : Trip Planning in May [What is off-season for parades?]

gimp_boy76
12-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey all, although this is my 1st post, I've been lurking since May '04. My wife and I went in August '04 for 5 days, for our 5th anniversary. We had a lot of fun, but the whole time we were thinking how much fun our oldest would be having had he been with us. So we vowed to return when he was old enough. Anyway he is turning 4 this May so we have a trip planned, right now it will either be May 11-16 or May 14-19. One of our big considerations is in having multiple opportunities to see the new parade, the fireworks, Fantasmic, Block Party Bash and the Electrical Parade. When we went during the summer this was no big deal because they ran at multiple times. I just don't want to be in the situation where we have to cram all that in to one or two days, I want to basically be able to see two per day, a day parade and a night show (fireworks, Fantasmic, etc.) I know that during the slow season the parades and such only run on the weekends, I'm hoping that May will be considered the summer so that these will run during the week as well. Since Disneyland hasn't updated their website with the show times thus far, I'm hoping the expertise this board has to offer can come into play. Also I know things are different from past years w/ the unusual crowds due to the 50th so I realize anything at this point is really just an educated guess. Thanks for the help!

12-15-2005, 02:32 AM
Bump!

hlbtimes2
12-15-2005, 05:34 AM
I know that as far as rates go, its still value season for the entire month of May. The summer peak season doesnt start until July. Which is surprising, I would think June, when school is out would be peak as well. You are looking at being there for Mothers day. I know that Mothers day 2000 was a fairly busy day. Nothing compared to the crowds now, but the 3-4 days we were there, Mothers day Sunday was probably the busiest. Also, since you are looking at weekend days, the schedule should be pretty good. Friday, Saturday and Sundays usually have the most entertainment available.

Darkbeer
12-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Summer Peak doesn't start until mid or late June, my Guess, based on the calendar, would be June 23rd, 2006.

In May I presume the foolowing will be offered.

Parade of Dreams - Daily

Fantasmic! - Friday, Saturday and Sundays

Remember Fireworks - Friday and Saturdays

Snow White Stage show - on Hiatus

Block Party Bash - Friday thru Tuesdays (dark Wednesday and Thursday)

Electrical Parade - on Hiatus until mid-June

Aladdin - Wednesday thru Sundays (dark Monday and Tuesday

gimp_boy76
12-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks for all the help! This definitely solidifies my plans to go over the weekend rather than during the weekdays only!