PDA

View Full Version : Fun c.1963 Disneyland Home Movies

Opus1guy
12-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Found this c.1963 Disneyland home movie on an internet movie archive I sometimes visit:

http://www.archive.org/details/tmp_AmateurF

On the table on the left you'll see different streaming and download options.

While many of you may not find anything of interest here due to seeing this stuff in more professionally produced film histories on Disneyland...I think it's kinda neat to see home movies of how a typical family saw the Park and how things really were rather than perhaps being staged for the cameras.

Many interesting shots, including the old round Skyway buckets, the Astro Jets, and others. At the beginning it was good to see Vesey Walker directing the Disneyland Band again! For someone who was around Disneyland a lot in those days, this sure brought back some fun memories.

And take a look at thin Mickey. Man...he's sure put on some weight since those old days in the 60's! ;)

12-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Look how nicely everyone is dressed!

Opus1guy
12-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Look how nicely everyone is dressed!

Yeah. And check out all the hats.

Great shot in there of the old Autopia without the guide rail. "Blood Alley" as it was called back then, and for good reason: The Cast Members were always getting their shins and ankles bloodied up by bad drivers.

:)

disneyhound
12-13-2005, 05:37 PM
I loved the teacups without any doors! Thanks for the great link.

Noah
12-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Incredible footage! I cannot believe how steady the camera is and how much film they must have shot, it seems semi pro to pro.
Very very very cool! Thanks for sharing that find with us!