PDA

View Full Version : I'm Here and Have questions! [It's A Small World projections during fireworks]

Pirate Princess
12-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Okay, so I'm here and loving it! Sorry if this is a mess... I'm on my phone. Anyway, I was planning on seeing the fireworks from the hub, but got stuck in a loooong IASW line and ended up seeing them from there. My ? is: were there always projections during the fireworks on iasw or is it new? Are they the same projections that are on the castle? (i've never gotten a good enough spot to see the projections well)
Also, did they always have those cool projections on iasw every 15 mins at night? Loving them.

i will have a trip report when i am back but i would like to thank whoever suggested to get the chocolate cake from the golden horseshoe! WOW!
I don't have time to search who that is right now and it is getting hard typing on my phone.. Same with searching about iasw projections.
i just want to say seeing it from that area with SMALL crowds was really nice.. Also, i don't know if the snow machine was malfunctioning, but we were completely covered in snow. Mounds on top of our heads.
goodnight!

nightdesigns
12-13-2005, 08:22 PM
I just saw the projections for the first time the other night, I think I can answer a few questions.

Projections were added at a later date (early summer?) to offset the crowd infront of the castle.

The projections are totally different than what is on the castle. The ones on IASW are more video, while the castle is more patterns and colors.

Don't know about the every 15 mintue part.

Pirate Princess
12-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the info! We're still here and my DS is passed out in the next bed oblivious to anything (including me tapping away on my phone). Today was much more crowded.. Surprisingly.
We still got to do everything at least once (some rides 5x's) and are having a great time. Tomorrow will be mostly spent at ca adventure watching shows/movies.
To all those who are coming soon: be sure to 1. See the xmas parade 2. See the projections that occur every 15 mins at night on iasw (ride the ride at night and watch them in line.. great way to pass the time) 3. Bring a jacket and gloves for the freezing nights (they are light in a backpack and worth it!) 4. For a cheap meal to split between a parent and child go to either the golden horseshoe or stagedoor cafe and order 6 big chicken strips with fries for 7.99 Four 4.00 each you will be full but still have room for your favorite dessert.
goodnight!