PDA

View Full Version : January 2nd

ferliemom
12-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi All,

Any ideas on crowds January 2nd?
Are local schools back in on that date?
When does the snow/Xmas parade officially end?

Thanks! :p

tod
12-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Hi All,

Any ideas on crowds January 2nd?
Are local schools back in on that date?

Bad. Really bad. School will still be out and the Tournament of Roses Parade will be that day, so all the people who can't get to the Parade will be free to go to Disneyland.

Worse, with the Rose Bowl game not being held until the Fourth, you can expect the Greater Los Angeles area to be in Full Tourist Mode all week, with tons of idle-rich Texans strutting their burnt-orange duds all over the Magic Kingdom and chucking at the quaint little park that isn't as good as the real one on Florida.

When does the snow/Xmas parade officially end?

Christmas Parade isn't scheduled after January 2.

--t

ferliemom
12-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Hi,

I hadn't heard the Rose Parade wouldn't be on the 1st... why is that?
Sorry to sound dense...

Thanks!

K & S
12-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Hi,

I hadn't heard the Rose Parade wouldn't be on the 1st... why is that?
Sorry to sound dense...

Thanks!

Neither the Rose Bowl or Rose Parade can take place on a Sunday, Pasadena City Code.

Darkbeer
12-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Also, it is a NCAA regulation, no college bowl games will be played on the 1st.

But football fans, never fear, there will be a full set of NFL games, as it will be the last day of the regular season. (There will be no Monday Night game, to allow all the College games to have the full spotlight).

cpeak
12-12-2005, 07:15 PM
I have a question. If the week on Jan. 1st is going to be so crowded why is Disney closing at 8:00pm on the 3rd and 4th? Wouldn't it be smarter for them to open later these days, since people will be in for the Rose Bowl and some schools may still be out?

Darkbeer
12-12-2005, 07:27 PM
I have a question. If the week on Jan. 1st is going to be so crowded why is Disney closing at 8:00pm on the 3rd and 4th? Wouldn't it be smarter for them to open later these days, since people will be in for the Rose Bowl and some schools may still be out?

Good question, they are opening an hour earlier than normal. They might decide to just try and live with the hours, and postpone the closing an hour or two if needed.

They might have a private event or two scheduled.

They need to close to get the equipment in to remove the Christmas decorations! (I would rate this a high possibility).

The CM's have worked so many hours the last few weeks they are trying to give them a break.

The persons in charge of the schedule hasn't taken the amount of schools off and/or the Rose Bowl game is on Wednesday.

Heck, I was talking to an ex-CM yesterday about what she was doing on the 4th, and she said, I guess working. She didn't realize that the big game was on Wednesday, and she is an ex-USC band member!!! And she said she was looking to getting tickets to the game. So maybe the date change has not yet been figured into the DLR schedule.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
12-12-2005, 07:53 PM
My company has a nighttime buyout on the 5th, so maybe the other nights are spoken for with private parties. We were lucky to get a hotel at the resort at the AP rate, the rates for the private party groups had all ready sold out. In fact the GCH is totally sold out that night, I expect a zoo.