PDA

View Full Version : Quick Merchandise Question... [50th Anniversary CD]

splashmtngurl
12-12-2005, 11:30 AM
so i bought the 50th aniversery official disneyland album on our trip and when i popped in the second cd in the set i discovered that half of the songs do not play in the order in which they are listed on the back. The fireworks soundtrack is supposed to play as track number 18 but it plays as 11 and so pushes everything after sng #11 one sng ahead of what it should be. do all of these cd's have this flaw or is mine a defect? HELP!! lol

twist1980
12-12-2005, 11:31 AM
I was actually going to post the same thing a couple of months ago when I got my CD. You are not the only one!!!

#11 is supposed to be Soarin' but it is the Fireworks music. It was a little confusing at first, but I finally figured it out! :)

splashmtngurl
12-12-2005, 11:32 AM
so does this mean that these are special cd's...i wonder if DL knows that there is a flaw in the disc...hmmm....it doenst really bother me but i found it very interesting.

glad to know its not just me.

twist1980
12-12-2005, 11:35 AM
My boyfriend was wondering that too. He was thinking of how if baseball cards and such have errors they are considered collectibles and worth a lot of money.

If Disney knows, they certainly haven't done anything to change it. I bought my CD in September and I would imagine it would have been changed by now...:rolleyes:

SandraVB79
12-12-2005, 11:46 AM
My boyfriend was wondering that too. He was thinking of how if baseball cards and such have errors they are considered collectibles and worth a lot of money.

If Disney knows, they certainly haven't done anything to change it. I bought my CD in September and I would imagine it would have been changed by now...:rolleyes:

They are considered colletibles if only a small number have the mistake on them :)

olegc
12-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I was actually going to post the same thing a couple of months ago when I got my CD. You are not the only one!!!

#11 is supposed to be Soarin' but it is the Fireworks music. It was a little confusing at first, but I finally figured it out! :)

I bought mine in May 2005 and song #11 is the closing number to fireworks (Lee Ann Rimes) - but the Remember soundtrack (Julie Andrews) is the last one at #18. Listed that way on the CD too.

twist1980
12-12-2005, 12:27 PM
They are considered colletibles if only a small number have the mistake on them :)

I know :) My boyfriend was just hoping it was just ours that was that way!

MonorailChris
12-12-2005, 01:24 PM
they are aware of the mistake they just don't want to spend the money to correct the problem.i got the cd for a friend who wanted to use the l.a.r song as a wedding song and when i popped it in my cd player i called the music store and they said yes they are aware of the mistake,but you would think they could at least put a sticker on the packageing to let people know. a sticker shoulnd't cost that much.

emmah
12-12-2005, 03:55 PM
i bought mine last week and was loading it onto my ipod on the weekend when i discovered the mistake. the 17 minute julie andrews track is on at number 11, and the leanne rimes track is the last track - i does throw everything off, but i worked it out. its a fab CD regardless; i listened to it this morning as i biked to work.:D