PDA

View Full Version : Vandalism in Simba Lot on 12/11

jswtsang
12-12-2005, 05:47 AM
My friend's car was vandalized on 12/11 in the Simba lot. Did anyone see anything? (I know this is a one in a million shot, but I feel terrible and want to help). Also does anyone know if Disneyland video tapes people's license plates as they come in?

It started out as such a great day, my friend took me to DL for my birthday, and it ended up with sensless vandalism :(

Thanks for your time.

jt

12-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Sorry to hear about this, jswtsang. Did your friend report the vandalism to the police?

stan4d_steph
12-12-2005, 07:49 AM
I hope you notified Disneyland security about the incident as well. It's possible they have video cameras in the area and might have evidence of the incident.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Opus1guy
12-12-2005, 12:25 PM
...and it ended up with sensless vandalism :(

That's really the rub on vandalism. It really is senseless. There is at least some logic (albeit twisted) in a theft of property in that the jerk wants to possesses something out of want, need or greed without paying for it. But vandalism? It is senseless. What kind of creep gets his jollies just destroying something that someone else values and worked hard for. :(

Sorry to hear about your friend's (and your's) misfortune. Would be wonderful if someone nailed the guy(s), but unfortunately I doubt you'll have much luck with that.

jswtsang
12-12-2005, 07:09 PM
We did report it, but unfortunately, I don't think they are going to find the guys (too much other stuff for the police) and after talking to Disney Security my friend found out that they do video tape the cars coming in and out but don't always catch the lic #, but would have written down the lic#s if they noticed the vandalism had taken place (in case/good measure?)

Thanks for the kind words, I won't let this discourage me from going to Disneyland, although I might have to drive next time!

jt