PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Help Needed

Ace
03-22-2002, 07:50 PM
I'm going to DL on the 26th and I have a few quick questions...

[list=1]
What's the BEST place to see the fireworks if you don't plan on leaving right after them?
Is Fantasy Land still torn up?
Is there still a tarp over the mansion?
Is Splash still closed?(yes, I know.... I'm just HOPING that for some reason it's not.)
Does a frozen banana still cost $2.50?
Did Space get it's new rockets yet?
[/list=1]

thanks... I'd also like any other revelant information. THANK YOU.

Nigel2
03-22-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
I'm going to DL on the 26th and I have a few quick questions...

[list=1]
What's the BEST place to see the fireworks if you don't plan on leaving right after them?
Is Fantasy Land still torn up?
Is there still a tarp over the mansion?
Is Splash still closed?(yes, I know.... I'm just HOPING that for some reason it's not.)
Does a frozen banana still cost $2.50?
Did Space get it's new rockets yet?
[/list=1]

thanks... I'd also like any other revelant information. THANK YOU.

Well most people like main street, and it really doesn't matter if you are going to stay or leave right after them since you can walk arround in park some more.

It will probably still be torn up (I heard there are purple curtains on the Carousel)

I don't think it still has a tarp on it.

Splash is still closed

Don't know

Don't know, but probably not yet.

lilblckrncloud
03-22-2002, 09:46 PM
I just got back from DL (Friday night) and I can tell you that Fantasyland is still torn up, Splash is still closed and from what I could tell passing through Tomorrowland Space Mountain was also closed. I am not sure about any of the other questions, but I can say that sitting directly in front of the castle is my favorite place that I have seen the fireworks thus far. We watched the late parade that day from near the castle and then scooted over as close as they allow and camped out. We sat there for quite a while and it does get crowded, but I thought it was definitely worth it.

As far as any other relevant information, the one thing I have noticed the last few times I have been there (over the course of the last two weeks) was that the line for the Matterhorn was just out of control! I guess the fact that so many things are closed drives people to it, but it struck me as odd every time. Also, the Monorail station at Downtown Disney was positively packed tonight at around 7. We thought we would be avoiding the crowds but it was the complete opposite. We had to wait through three loadings before we got on!

Techie7
03-22-2002, 11:15 PM
As of Saturday Night:

My fav spots for fireworks: Main Street or Small World (Amazing view, lots of room, only miss the fireworks off castle, closest you can get to the pyro within the park)

Fantasyland: Not Sure

Mansion: Tarp is Gone

Splash: Actually this one is now a non-splash (Not Open)

Space: Up and running as of tonight. No new rockets.... Still NO SOUND :(

zapppop
03-23-2002, 07:30 AM
1) I'd stand about 30ft south of the hub on the parade route to the right side.
2) King Arthur's Carousel is still closed but the rest of Fantasyland is open again
3) The Haunted Mansion rehab is complete so no more tarps
4) Splash Mountain is still closed and it's uncertain when it will re-open
5) carry $5 with you to make sure you have enough for a banana. I'm not saying that's how much they cost; I'm just not sure is all.
6) Space Mountain re-opened around 6PM last night. The escalator when you exit the ride seems smaller some how ( maybe it's my imagination ). The audio wasn't working ( not certain if they bothered to turn it on ). The new rockets haven't been installed yet. There are new rockets but not enough of them yet. Most people tell me they're purple but a couple people told me they're dark blue. They are supposed to be installed in early Fall.

The 26th ? I thought you said you're going on the 27th ?

Ace
03-23-2002, 01:58 PM
well it's the 26th now...

woop woop no more tarps!

zapppop
03-23-2002, 10:06 PM
Maybe I'll see you around the park.

I'm off work that day.

Ace
03-23-2002, 10:24 PM
well maybe... but I can't be called Squinky. I'm going with "non-believers"... I'd be effectively dead if people at my high school knew I posted here. hahaha.... I'd have to join the chess club to avoid seeing people.

Matterhorn Fan
03-23-2002, 10:31 PM
Fireworks: Try watching from up on the Main St. Train Station. When they're over, avoid being swept out the gate with the crowd by hopping on the train. Have a nice trip.

zapppop
03-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
well maybe... but I can't be called Squinky. I'm going with "non-believers"... I'd be effectively dead if people at my high school knew I posted here. hahaha.... I'd have to join the chess club to avoid seeing people.
Okay, if I do see you, I'll say " Hey G ! ".

If you see a guy wearing a shirt like this, it might be me:
http://www.rocktshirt.com/images/Pump125.jpg