PDA

View Full Version : Trip report- still here

Pages : [1] 2 3

rentayenta
12-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi guys! I wanted to get a jump start on my trip report because I really enjoyed reading emmah's while she was still at the park. It has been a very busy three days and we still have 3 days remaining. The little kids and I just returned from shopping at the World of Disney. You can, and I did, go broke in there. Okay, on with the report............................

Wednesday night I had school until 10 p..m so I came home, finished laundry, packed the goodies for the ride, and finally ended up asleep about midnight. The plan was to leave Utah at 8 am and arrive in Vegas by 3 pm.

I woke up at 5:00 :rolleyes: because I was so excited for the trip. Finally about 7 am I woke DH up because I couldn't take it anymore. The kids woke up soon after. DH loaded the minivan while I made sandwiches for the drive. We were in the car by 8:30 a.m. which is pretty good for us.

The drive to Vegas was uneventful. No traffic, no accidents, and the kids were great. DVD players for the car are a God send! :D

We rolled into Vegas about 2 p.m. We were all starving so we had to stop at In n Out. Heaven on a bun.

We arrived at the Monte Carlo. Like the Tods said it has an understated elegance. The lobby was decorated beautifully and there was even a life size gingerbread house that the kidlets got a kick out of. We chekced into our room. The room was nice but not as nice as I thought it would be. Nothing to write home about but for $60, I am not complaining.

After freshening up we took the kids to the M and M World. They were having their customer appreciation days so the entire store was 33% off. The kids picked out there goodies and we headed down the Strip for dinner. We ended up at the Outback Steakhouse. I had a gc that had to be used by the end of the year so this was the perfect time.

We waited a mere 10 minutes and were sat. Our server was fantastic; attentive but not overhelming. We had a ribeye, flilet, shrimp cocktail, and Queensland chicken and shrimp (a pasta dish).

After dinner we started the mile walk back to our hotel. Our timing was perfect because we managed to see the Mirage Volcano erupt and the Bellagio's water show without waiting at all. It had been a long day and we were all in bed by 9 p.m.

During the day I had talked to wwithers. She managed to score us adjoining rooms when they checked in. It couldn't be a better set-up.

Day 2 to follow as soon as I can........................................

I was super stoked to be seeing Whit and Roxanne again and their families. These are some terrific people!

Niwel
12-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Glad you are having a great vacation Renta .... maybe I'll see you and the kidlets tomorrow in Fantasyland :)

AnnaBanana
12-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Glad you're having a good time so far Jenny! Hope it continues to be a fabulous trip! :D

CrazyTrain
12-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Saw you guys in the park yesterday.
Was going to say Hi to Keith but he seemed busy with your kidlets. :D
hope the rest of the trip goes well.

Crazy4DL
12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Jenny!! I missed seeing your report until just now! I love hearing from everyone while they are at Disneyland . . . not that I won't be just as happy to hear all about it when you get back home. :D

Glad your trip out went was good. YAY to Whitney for scoring some rooms side by side!!

Have a wonderful time, all of you. :)

rentayenta
12-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Crazytrain, he was so busy with the kids but you should have said hello.

We just got home after an easy 12 hour, with stops, drive.

I will continue the trip report tomorrow but I wanted you guys to know two things:

I had a terrific time with everyone and the park was a zoo.

MammaSilva
12-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Glad to hear your home safe! We had such a great time!!!!!

Crazy4DL
12-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Welcome home, Jenny!!! Glad you had a good time. I can't wait to hear more and see pictures. :)

rentayenta
12-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Glad to hear your home safe! We had such a great time!!!!!

(((((Hugs)))))

It was so wonderful to finally meet you, Brandy, and Eric. I wish we could have spent more time together.

Friday 12/9:

We were on the road to Anaheim from Vegas by 8:30 am. We arrived at The Paradise Pier at 12:30. Check in was a breeze. The Christmas Tree in the lobby looked fantastic! The blending of Disneyland with the ocean is perfect for my family because we love both. At check-in my itinerary was waiting along with a pin and a 20% coupon for lanyards. I didn't use it so if anyone wants it, just PM me.

Our room was ready and Whitney was there waiting for us-we got adjoining rooms which proved to be a great idea. Her family had gone into the park already while she got some much needed sleep. It so cool to see her again as it felt like forever even though I had seen her in October.

We freshened up a little and then headed into the park. Here is where is gets blurry.....................

We met up with Whit's family at the hub. OMG-I love them. Her DD is a doll and it was nice to finally meet her hubby. Our families blended well together and the guys hit it off right away.

We met up with Keith shortly after. We were very excited to see him again. My girls dig him!

I believe our first ride was POTC and then HMH. I stayed out of HMH with Olivia because she had rode it earlier and decided that once was enough. I think Whit was off getting munchies. Mmmmmm, it might be a sacrelige but McDonald's fries are soooo good even in DL! :~D

We had ressies for the Princess Dinner in DCA at 6:00 so we headed over early to watch the BPB. There we met up with Roxanne and her boys. It was so awesome to see them again. DH really like her and her family. I had heard mixed reviews on the BPB but let me tell you- it rocked! DD1, Whit, Ron, and Keith had decided to skip it and ride ToT. DS, DD2, Roxanne's DS, and Whit's DD danced like crazy with Sully. They were so cute. I have pics and will post them asap. It is a cute parade.

After that we got FPs for Soarin' and then headed over to the Princess Dinner. The food is the same as it was when it was Ariel's. I had the vegetarian pasta and it was good. You get a lot of food for the price and we wasted a ton. :( I hate that.

The kids got to meet Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine, and Prince Charming. Mulan showed up as were leaving. Our server was sweet but the service was slow. We were there close to two hours.

After the dinner we rode Jumpin' Jellyfish, MM, and Soarin'. DS finally hit 40" and this opened up a whole new set of rides for him. He kept telling Keith how tall he was.

DCA at night is awesome! I really liked their tree.

On MM they put the little kids in one car together and the adults in another. They screamed their heads off while we LOAO. :~D

DCA closed at 9 so we headed back over to DL.

Main St. was beautiful. I don't like the gold tree as much as last years but it was pretty.

We went on Space, Star Tours, and Buzz. I am sure I am missing something.

We headed back about 11. I don't remeber what time we got to sleep. Having adjoining rooms made it a perpetual slumber party.

It was a great first day! :D

ETA: I like the rooms at the PPH better than the DLH. They seemed cleaner and newer. The beach theme just added to the fun! We were on the third floor but had a decent view of DCA. We could see the Orange Stinger out our window. We will stay there again for sure!

Mermaid
12-14-2005, 08:47 AM
Great report so far!! Keep it coming!:D

Crazy4DL
12-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Love it, Jenny! Can't wait to see the pictures. :D

nursemelis374
12-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Great TR! Sounds like you guys had a blast!!!

rentayenta
12-14-2005, 02:31 PM
The first thing we did Friday was process the kids' APs. :cool:

Saturday 12/10:

The DHs had plans to play golf at Big Horn Saturday and Sunday. The coffee got delivered to our room at 6 a.m. Whit cannot stomach the smell of brewing coffee so we had room service deliver it. The boys were gone by 6:45 a.m. so Whit and I sat in the bathroom, drinking coffee and Diet Dr. Pepper and chatted. We were a sight. :p

The original plan had been to be to DL by 8 a.m. We didn't make it which was fine as the kids were beat. I think this is when Olivia and Joshua started to feel a little run down but had no signs of a fever or anything so we ventured into the park after they all ate a bowl of cereal. That morning we met Keith and from then on, he did not have a kidless moment. Between the four of them, he had one of them on his shoulders, by the hand, or was holding one of them. Sometimes all of the above. He is a kid magnet!

We got into DL about 9 and it was already crowded. I knew that RideMax would not be accurate today. By the wait times RideMax had given there was no way they had taken into account the 50th crowds. I believe the park hit capacity and closed that day. It was a zoo.

Keith ran and got us Spalsh FPs while we waited in line for Dumbo. Then we met up with Roxanne and Michael and rode PP and Pinocchio. We hit the Pizza port for lunch at about 11:30 and the line was out the door. The food was yummy as usual and the kids ate well. After lunch the bigger kids rode Splash while I rode Pooh with Joshua and Olivia. Then it was on to BTMRR.

By this time DL was beyond tolerable so we headed back to the room for a nap and swim. We bribed Keith to take the kids swimming while we rested. I had gone to the lobby to mail something and made us PS for the PCH Grill. After the swim, we cleaned up and went to dinner. Chloe, Olivia, and Joshua didn't want to go back into DL after dinner so I took them to the gift shop for goodies. The PPH gift shop isn't great so we ventured into DTD and The World of Disney. It was packed but the kids all found lots of stuff. The girls got the most adorable Bambi plush purses. Joshua picked out a Buzz playset and a Buzz watch. Chloe got a Splash Mountain snowglobe and Olivia picked out an Ariel watch. They also got those ginormous suckers. I bought myself a Mickey t and DH the Aladdin soundtrack.

to be continued........

Crazy4DL
12-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Fun!!!

Don't make us wait too long, pretty please :D ;)

rentayenta
12-14-2005, 07:25 PM
I forgot to add that Friday night, Gabby stayed in the park with Whit and Keith. The girls got back to the room just after midnight.

Ron and Olivia were already back and DH and I took DS and DD2 back about 10 or so.

Also on Saturday day, DS was being a PITA so after lunch Whit took him back to hotel for a nap. I have a feeling they both napped. :p

As I was shopping with the little ones on Sat. night, Gab stayed in the park with Whit and Keith again. They rode Indy 2x, the Matterhorn, and BTMRR. I am starting to see a great division between the kids' interests at DL. Gab is into the fast rides and Chloe and Joshua still see the magic.

We decided that room service for breakfast would be nice so we ordered breakfast croissant sandwiches, juices, coffee, and pancakes for the kidlets. I like being able to order it at night, pick the time for delivery, and viola, breakfast is served!

Originally, we had planned a sleepover for us all including Keith's neice Sofia but due to circumstances beyond his control, his family couldn't make it. The kids were all looking forward to meeting Sofia but maybe next time.

Saturday night after they got back from the park Whit put up the Christmas Tree. She had an ornament for each of us and goody bags for the kids. They were very excited! They had their sleepover- the girls slept in Whit's room with her, DS slept in the twin (he's a kicker), and Keith stayed in the empty bed in my room. We all slept really well.

Disneynerd
12-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Yay! I've been looking forward to your trip report - especially your reviews on Paradise Pier. Love the beachy theme! Can't wait to see pics of your great time! :)

rentayenta
12-15-2005, 06:14 AM
Yay! I've been looking forward to your trip report - especially your reviews on Paradise Pier. Love the beachy theme! Can't wait to see pics of your great time! :)

I loved the PPH! The rooms are so much cleaner than the DLH's. The lobby is not as well themed but it's still nice. The front desk staff and Mousekeeping were just as good as the DLH's too. The walk is not a short one but not horrible either. If you take the Monorail into DTD it's a breeze. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Sunday 12/11:

Morning came too quickly. We got a very late start and didn't get into the park until 11:00. Today I was finally going to meet MammaSilva and Brandy. We headed for ToonTown because the kids had yet to see Mickey or Minnie. Minnie's line was quite short. We took lots of pics and played in her house. I love her kitchen!

As we exited Minnie's, MammaSilva, Brandy, and Eric were right there. What a wonderful group of people- truly! We chatted for a few and then we all went to see Mickey. We took tons of pics and I am hoping MS will post them. DH had our camera at Big Horn so I didn't get any pictures :(

After visiting with Mickey we went on Gadget's Go Coaster- the kids love this ride.

Finally, we went on IASW. I was way out numbered on my love for this ride.

We all ate lunch at the French Market. There we chatted some more. Whit took Olivia and Joshua into DCA for a bit while me, DD1, DD2, Keith, MS, Brandy, and Eric rode HMH. Going up the elevator is way cool! :cool:

We said goodbye to MS, Miss B, and Eric but hoped to meet up later. At the time I didn't know I wouldn't see them again this trip. I so enjoyed spending time with them and look forward to seeing them again! Margaret bought the kids these really cool activity books which was very kind of her. Margaret is one of those grounding souls- she is very down to Earth and very easy to be around.

We went on Splash next and then rode something else but cannot remember what.

We headed back to room in hopes to find Whit and the kids and maybe the DHs. Whit ran into Margaret et al. in DCA and rode Soarin'. We relaxed in the room for a bit while the kids played. We were tired and could not decide on dinner so we chose to get Mimi's to go and have the boys pick it up on their way home golf. The plan worked well.

We had originally planned to go back into DL to watch the fireworks but opted to watch them from The PPH pool. The piped the music in but the view from the hot tub wasn't all that spectacular. ;) The kids swam with me, Keith, and DH. The pool closed at 10 so after we went to the room and talked until late. Sunday was supposed to be Keith's last day but he changed his flight to be able to stay through Monday :D. Mukta picked him up around 11 that night.

Olivia got really sick and was up all night- poor thing. Joshua was coughing too. Luckily I had brough Children's Tylenol and the gift shop sold Children's Advil.

to be continued............

Crazy4DL
12-15-2005, 10:28 AM
I, of course, am loving hearing all about your trip and your fun meet up with MS and Co. :)

wwithers
12-15-2005, 11:36 AM
You forgot about the new romance that started on Sunday. :p

rentayenta
12-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I, of course, am loving hearing all about your trip and your fun meet up with MS and Co. :)

Ruthie- they are lovely people. You have to come in Feb. Gab got to ride in Brandy's wheelchair for a few minutes and felt like a queen.

Monday 12/12:

The girls had Libby appointments at 9 a.m. Olivia was still feeling ick so we changed the time to 10 so her meds could kick in. She really wanted to get Libby Lued. Their party started and they all looked so darling. My girls have never been Libby Lued and it wasn't what I expected. The girls doing their party were very sweet and it wasn't "slutty" at all. After they got glittered to death, Whit dared me to get Libby Lued. Now to me, that was hardly a dare so I took it. I got glittered, made-up, and wore fake hair. Since I got Libby Lued, it was only fair that Whit did it too. She got the princess doo, how ironic. :p

After we got dolled up, we had to go outside the store and dance and sing to their version of What I like About You. Yes, we made total idiots of ourselves but the kids loved it. Keith has pics and I am sure he will post them soon.

DH had taken DS into DCA when they opened and by the time we got there, they had done tons. DCA was empty. We met them about 11. DH LHAO when he saw me. I rarely wear make-up and fake hair is just so not my style.

I ended up with a raging headache from having my hair pulled back so tight so I finally had to break free and undo the doo.

Chloe finally rode ToT! Ron sat with DS and Olivia. After that, we split up for a while. O wasn't feeling hot so they went to get autographs while my family and Uncle Keith rode some rides.

We met back up for lunch at the wharf area. We ran into some friends of ours from Utah. Small world.

After that O needed a rest so the wwithers family headed back. DH took Gab on the Maliboomer and Screamin' while Keith and I took DS and DD2 to Bug's Land. My stomach was upset so Keith "got" to ride the kiddie rides. :~D

We met back up and watched Golden Dreams. DH really liked it and DS fell asleep. They did ToT one more time and then we all rode Soarin'. We left DCA and headed on over to DL one last time. You just can't end a trip in DCA. ;)

We snacked on skewers from Bengal BBQ and then rode JC in the dark- love it. Whit met back up with us, Ron and O stayed in the room- she was a sick little muffin. DH, Gab, and Whit rode Indy while me, Keith, DS, and DD2 went to the Tiki Room. We had Dole Whips too. :D

After, we tried to head over to TomorrowLand but got stuck in the hub because of the parade. I was secretly happy because I wanted the kids to see it. We made it over to ride Buzz and then we found a spot in front of the castle to watch the fireworks........

rentayenta
12-15-2005, 11:43 AM
You forgot about the new romance that started on Sunday. :p

Oh yeah- you tell that story!

Crazy4DL
12-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh yeah- you tell that story!

Well, someone better start talking :~D :p ;)

wwithers
12-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Joshua and Olivia were tired and cranky so we left the others and headed for DCA to ride Grizzly RR. But they were both chilly so I told them that they could pick out a sweatshirt first. So we stopped in a store along Main Street, and started looking around. We had a lot of fun picking out stuff and left with quite a bit more than sweatshirts.

The whole time the kids were laughing and playing with each other, having a grand time (they even helped each other pick out their stuff). They had asked for tshirts but decided to wait until we got to DCA to pick one out.

As we were walking out, I asked if they were having fun. They said yes. Joshua said that Olivia wanted him to be her boyfriend and he said, "okay". Then they decided that they were in love and might get married when they are older.

It was so stinkin' cute that I can't even tell you.

When we left the park they started chasing each other in the area between DL and DCA. Olivia kept kissing him on the cheek (NOT the lips!!!!!) and then he would kiss her on the hand (she is a princess after all).

After DCA, we went back to the hotel and they bought matching Mickey/Minnie 50th shirts. It was one of the most fun times during the trip-- the 3 of us all agreed. (Not to mention the cutest)

Crazy4DL
12-15-2005, 01:22 PM
How absolutely adorable, Whitney! :)

rentayenta
12-15-2005, 04:21 PM
..................we watched the fireworks. DH hadn't seen them. They were awesome- the kids love to see Tink fly. I cried as usual. :geek: There is something about watching the fireworks with the people you love, the twinkle in the trees, and the magic that is Disneyland that makes me cry everytime.

After the fireworks walking down Main St. was mayhem. We stopped into the Candy Palace so DH could fill is sugar fix. The sweet smells had been driving him bonkers. It was a zoo as was to be expected. Next stop was the Emporium for some last minute goodies. We said our goodbyes to Disneyland for the year 2005 and walked to DTD. :crying:

The kids were starving so DH and I took DD2 and DS to Napolini for some Italian to go. Whit, Gab, and Keith stopped by La Brea for food and then the WOD.

I was feeling really sick that night. DH packed while I curled up in my new DLR robe, Tink jammies, and passed out. I think the rest stayed up past midnight. I didn't get to say goodbye to Keith because I feel asleep.

The next day we woke early, said our sad goodbyes, and were on the road by 9. The drive home was uneventful. We debated stopping over but there was a storm due in Utah early the next morning and I didn't want to get caught in it.

It was a wonderful trip. Part of what makes Disneyland so magical to me is spending it with the people I love, old and new. :D I love DL during the holidays and if all goes well with the house, we will return next December and do it all again.