PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get sad...?

twist1980
12-10-2005, 08:53 PM
So this may make me sound a bit mad...but do you ever get sad before your Disney trip? I'm feeling kind of sad because I've been planning this surprise trip for my Mom's 50th Birthday for over a year and a half and next Sunday we will be on our way home and it will be over!

I'm still totally excited and happy to go (how could I not be?), I just don't want to come home! Just curious if anyone else starts to dread the end of their trip before they leave...?:confused:

TahoeBob
12-10-2005, 09:01 PM
So this may make me sound a bit mad...but do you ever get sad before your Disney trip? I'm feeling kind of sad because I've been planning this surprise trip for my Mom's 50th Birthday for over a year and a half and next Sunday we will be on our way home and it will be over!

I'm still totally excited and happy to go (how could I not be?), I just don't want to come home! Just curious if anyone else starts to dread the end of their trip before they leave...?:confused:

I feel you pain, this happens to me all the time, I was at DL 3 weeks ago and I felt sad before I ever left because I knew in 7 days my trip would be over.

the only help is to plan another trip and go again and then start over again.

The last thing is there is no cure.

Bob

SCUBAbe
12-10-2005, 10:01 PM
well, I'm sad most of the time....maybe I'm depressed...maybe I just ahte life...oh, but I'm rambling....before DL??not really. I always get a feeling that I really don't want to go right before I go to DL and latel;y that feeling has stopped me....LOL...I do get nervous and get sever OCD if I'll be away for several days or if I'm flying somewhere...oh, and most hotel room depress me. Whenever it's time to got o sleep I aways want to go home.

DianeM
12-11-2005, 08:12 AM
You've been treasuring the anticipation of the trip for a year and a half now. You know that the anticipation is going to be over soon, so you're just grieving for it a bit and preparing yourself for it's loss. It's normal to grieve for a bit over losing something you enjoy, as long as you don't let it get out of hand and spoil your trip. But just think - this isn't going to be the last time you go to DL. You can start planning your next trip as soon as you get home, if you want. Won't that be fun? Whenever I start feeling down about coming home from a vacation, I start thinking about my next vacation. It works every time. Sometimes we don't even go on the vacations I plan in my head, but it's fun to dream.

passthepixiedust
12-11-2005, 08:20 AM
I agree, the only way to stop it is to start planning the next one. I hope you have a wonderful time !

GrumpyUTboi
12-11-2005, 08:21 AM
I get really sad when I get home. Last year I couldn't get on MP because I missed DL so much. The memories that are made are wonderful and I get sad because I am afraid that the memories will fade and so forth.

I just can't wait to get to DL and have the time of my life along with my family . The cure is to go back!

SCUBAbe
12-11-2005, 03:54 PM
I may be disnied out...I'm always really happy to come home and lately although I want to go I also dread going at the same time. Probably because I know the crowds are insane right now and I'm not in the mood to fight my way around the park all day. I'm hoping it calms down soon, because right now I don't feel like i'm getting the value out of my AP.

Loteki
12-11-2005, 05:16 PM
One way to mitigate this feeling might be to purchase some of the lovely scrapbooking materials that is now available from Disney. It will not only preserve the memories that you are creating during your trip but give you a brand new sense of anticipation for getting on home so you can open all your goodies, sticking on stickers, cutting, pasting, decorating and, best of all, documenting your thoughts.

Crazy4DL
12-11-2005, 06:00 PM
twist1980, I know exactly what you mean. I do that with most anything I really enjoy . . .for instance just a few minutes ago I was wrapping presents and thinking "two weeks from now these will all be unwrapped" :( . . . I do it really bad with trips to DL but it doesn't ever dampen my wish to go. :D

Your mom is going to love your surprise! Hope you let us all know how it goes. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
12-11-2005, 06:51 PM
I sort of relate too. The day I get there, I am already counting the days...til the inevitable, day of departure! And the day I leave, I am normally bawling as I leave DL. I need help! :p

twist1980
12-11-2005, 08:00 PM
. I do it really bad with trips to DL but it doesn't ever dampen my wish to go. :D

Your mom is going to love your surprise! Hope you let us all know how it goes. :)

Oh don't worry, nothing ever dampens my spirits when I'm there! I just don't want to be home next week! :)

I'll just have to look forward to telling everyone about it when I return!

wickedbusa
12-12-2005, 09:35 AM
I used to get that feeling all the time. Although I would always be exited about going, I would sometimes think about the fact (the day before) that this time tomorrow my trip to DL will soon over. Got rid of that feeling though by purchasing an AP for my fiance and I. Now, I never get sad about going the day before, or when I'm leaving. I know that whenever I get a free chance, I'm going to go back and enjoy myself all over again.

ssturgeo
12-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Yes, I do exactly the same thing!! And, I also, like others, start counting how many more days once I am there. It does not keep me from enjoying every minute though.

I love these boards...realize I am not so crazy after all!!!

splashmtngurl
12-12-2005, 11:17 AM
doesnt sound weird to me, i was about to cry when we were leaving disneyland yesterday, we were going to get annual passes but the line was to long and we would never get through it in time to get in the car and back to the airport to leave so my parents decided against it thinking we will go on a disney cruise instead next time...i was practically in tears leaving cause im not sure when ill be going back again and a few days leading up to leaving i was dreading the end of our trip, disneyland holds a special place in my heart, for some reason it seems like home to me even tho i go alot less then other people on here...try once a year vs. once a week...lol...but its not weird. in fact, i think thats kind of what walt was looking for, sure he didnt want his park to make us sad but i think he wanted people to become attached and feel close to his park...for it to hold some special meaning to his guests. i love it there and leaving always makes me sad. today im suffering the after trip depression lol...un packing everything and wishing i was still there. then again even though i wish i could go there everyday, the rides are becomign so predictable to me now, i still love them dont get me wrong, but maybe its better not to overdo a good thing so you dont get tired of it. maybe going to disneyland four times a week or w.e for some people eventually will make them get bored of disneyland and long for something else. SCUBAbe...maybe you should try something else?? lol...just kidding but really, maybe thats what happens to us. we get spoiled because we have experienced disneyland at its best and when its at its worst we hate it...you know?