PDA

View Full Version : a little help please [Disneyland trip planning, Feb '06]

disneyland50
12-10-2005, 04:11 PM
:eek: its been forever since iv been here:eek:
anyways, my school is planing on going to DL on feb.17 and i have some questions for yall that go to the park often and maybe even the ones that dont go so often. we will be going for only 1 day and i will be paying $75 (not counting my friends tickets and food and other stuff). theres three of us and one of my friends has never been to DL before .

question #1: how are the crowds in feb. usually? is it any thing like summer or is it considered off season? BTW feb. 17th is a friday.

question#2: i will be going with some one who has never been to a disney park ever in her life what would you suggest doing?

question#3: is it possible to see Remember... dreams come true at 9:25 in front of the photoshop on main St. and then run over and get a front and center seat to see Fantasmic! at 10:30? ( please explain how to get there)

question#4: since all three of us are teenagers and dont have a job we are going to be on a small budget. do you have any money saving tips on food and stuff?

question#5: (this is going back to question#1) since this year is the first year my school is going to DL i dont know what time we will get there and what time we will leave so around what time do people start getting into DL and what time does it start to get empty?

question#6: is it possible to get the lion king show stop and pinocchio show stop (PoD) in the same spot along the parade route?

question#7: where is the best place to sit/stand for Fantasmic! and Remember... dreams come true(other than right in front of the castle but still on main St.)?

question#8: how is the weather during feb?

question#9: its going to be my friends b-day a day or two after we go. can you do anything other than get the sticker that they give you for your bday?

thanks for your tips:D

hope to see you at DL

mi_mous
12-11-2005, 12:20 AM
WOW! That is a lot of questions!

1. Since it's really been unpredictable, with the 50th anniversary, it's hard to say. Normally, that would be off season, but who knows!

2. It depends on what your friend likes. Hit the MAJOR attractions, like Space, Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Indy.. I would take her on the tea cups and small world, just to experience them, probably not a priority to a teenager though (an experience if you haven't been there though.)

3. I'm not sure on this one, since they have crowd control right in front of the main st. photo shop during the parades, but I am not sure about during the fireworks. Perhaps someone else will know? I have never been in that area for the fireworks, only at the hub. As far as making it over to see the second show of Fantasmic, I'm not sure either, but it can be done probably.. you will hit a lot of traffice trying to get out, to I would try to go as quickly as you can after the fireworks for it. Again, I haven't done this before.

4. Red Rockets Pizza Port (Tomorrowland) is good, and you get a lot of food, for a little less, White Water Snacks is good (in DGC). Also, kids meals are less, so you can try with one of those. They fill you up enough that you aren't hungry, but enough to tide you over.

5. Depends on the closing time. If the fireworks go off at 9:25, expect it to get a little less crowded after that. Again, it could be a slow day altogether.

6. Yes and no. I tried to do the same thing. We ended up sitting in the wrong spot, so that was one of the points that went wrong. I have been sitting watching the Lion King, and told whoever I was with to look down the street at the Pinocchio float. You can see it, but not very well. But, you HAVE to have the right spot. Ask a cast member where Lion King stops, and then you may see both of them. Main street is the best place for this, since it has a long straightaway.

7. I haven't seen Fantasmic in forever, but perhaps on the cement benches.. if you can find one that is open for the second show. If not, as close as you can get. I don't know about fireworks since I have always been in the hub.

8. It depends. It is still the rainy season, and it is still chilly at night, and can be during the day. It's just unpredicable. I would recommend wearing layers. If it gets too hot, you can take a sweatshirt off, too cold, put it back on, etc. But, it could also be 80 degrees. Sorry, that probably doesn't help. Check with weather.com before you leave, and that will give you a better idea of what to bring and how to dress.

9. If you go over to the Plaza Inn, in Disneyland (right across the way from the photo shop.) They ususally will give you a sticker if you tell them it is someones birthday. Go to the Birthday Booth that they have there. I would also try any ticket booth, or City Hall.

Good luck! Have fun!

Vegitabeta
12-11-2005, 02:29 AM
question#7: where is the best place to sit/stand for Fantasmic! and Remember... dreams come true(other than right in front of the castle but still on main St.)?

Anywhere down the middle of Main Street is the best place (I've found)...as close to the castle as possible:)

Susan L
12-11-2005, 12:52 PM
1. Feb is our usual time to go and the crowds are mostly light except on weekends, especially Pres weekend. However it is the 50th so no telling.

2. As much as you can, have fun.

3. Anything is possible. If you pull it off don't forget to let us all in on how you did it.

4. Eat outside the parks. You can take snack food and drinks into the parks in you backpacks.

5. The 17th is a Friday, its going to be crowded no matter when you get there or when you leave. Be aware of this.

6. I'm not much into parade watching so, I can't answer this question.

7. The best is the balcany seatiing but, you are on a budget. Get there as soon as you can and as close as you can. As close to the castle as possible if you want to see the light show with the fireworks. If you just want to see the fireworks behind the castle in Fantasyland.

8. Not to bad, dress in layers. It could possibly rain as well, rain is good though in keeping the crowds down.

9. A sticker is usually all you are going to get, unless you fork out the extra cash to order a birthday cake. Sometimes the CM's will let you on rides first. My daugther got a free sucker from a CM at the Candy Shop once for her birthday.

Have a wonderful time when you go.

chrisaustx
12-11-2005, 01:25 PM
I live 5 miles down Katella from Disneyland, so I see the place every day.
#1 Disneyland will no longer have an off season, so don't think you will go and it won't be crowded.
#2 With all the new Annual passes that were sold in the past six months, expect crowds always at Disneyland for the fireworks, just be lucky you can see them at all.
#3 Just try to make the best of your trip to Disneyland. Do not have expectations you will be able to do everything you want, as crowded as it has been down here this year, you can't expect to do everything in a short period of time. Do not compare your last Disneyland trip to how it will be now, the park has been advertised to death, and with all the new ap's that were sold, its not going to be slow again for a very long time.

disneyland50
12-12-2005, 04:19 PM
thank you guys for your great tips and keep on posting them people:)

once again thanks guys:D

The Mouse Is Back
12-12-2005, 07:34 PM
I live 5 miles down Katella from Disneyland, so I see the place every day.
#1 Disneyland will no longer have an off season, so don't think you will go and it won't be crowded.
#2 With all the new Annual passes that were sold in the past six months, expect crowds always at Disneyland for the fireworks, just be lucky you can see them at all.
#3 Just try to make the best of your trip to Disneyland. Do not have expectations you will be able to do everything you want, as crowded as it has been down here this year, you can't expect to do everything in a short period of time. Do not compare your last Disneyland trip to how it will be now, the park has been advertised to death, and with all the new ap's that were sold, its not going to be slow again for a very long time.

While the 50th is going on, attendance has been higher than usual - but there have still been very slow days during the so-called "off season". To say that there will no longer be a slower time is ridiculous. The whole tone of your post is negative. Are you trying to answer the questions, or just put this person totally off? Sheesh.

"all the new APs that were sold"...have the numbers jumped that much? With the price increases on deluxe and premiums, the only increases would probably be in SoCal and SoCal Select (which IMO they should do away with, or at least price them higher).

DL may not be dead in February, but it will be a lot slower than it is now, especially on weekdays. And after the 50th and the incredibly stupid over-promotion and poorly designed 50th events and attractions, things will calm down A LOT.

I would not be at all surprised if there are extremely slow times during January, February, and the beginning of March. But attendance is unpredictable not matter what.

To the original poster - you'll have a great time on your vacation. :)

-Allegra-