PDA

View Full Version : trip Report 12/8

disneygurl92
12-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Oh my goodness. i had such a good time last night. First my friends came and picked me up at about 4:30. i was a little surprized because DL closed at 8 later. So we went and my friends mom showed the ticket takers these green wristbands. Later i asked what they were for. She told me they were part of a new thing for people who buy the tickets that day. I never did believe her. lol So anyway we rode a few rides and then my friends dad met up with us after he got home from work. We ate at Pizza port ( thats the only food my friend will eat there. :D lol) and then rode star tours. I never do get sick. I then showed my friends dad the new space mountain. After that i thought it was time to go home, but we went to the rivers of america. All the fantasmic stuff was set up. I was so excited because I hadn't seen the show in years. After the show we went on a few more rides then saw the christmas parade. I had to laugh at the whole skating snowflakes thing though. they did a good job and everything, but i still don't see how they can skate with the huge snowfalkes on their back. it looked like they were going to fall over. well after the parade was over we started to head back to the car. We got back home at about 11:30. i was so excited we had the trip because i wouldn't have been able to see the holiday stuff this year. I'm saving up my christmas and birthday money to buy a disney pass and by that time it would have all been taken down.

DangerMouse
12-09-2005, 06:12 PM
So, what were the green wristbands for??

disneygurl92
12-11-2005, 06:38 PM
To be able to stay later.

Wesley815
12-11-2005, 07:26 PM
They are normally used for private parties that are part "mix-in" during the day, say the park closes to the general public at 9pm but the private party is still going on until 12am, it's easy for Disney to see who is allowed to stay and who has to leave.

A lot of times they will have all the private party guests "gather" in a certain area (like say in front of Pirates near RoA) to check wristbands and to clear out Main Street/rest of the park.