PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland is BUSY today 12/9/05

AVP
12-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Just a heads up to those of you who make Friday night trips to Disneyland - it's already super busy. I left the park about 10 am this morning, and it already felt like noon on a busy Sunday.

AVP

Niwel
12-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Wonder why...
Well I'm heading over Sunday -- guess I'll get my 4 hours in from 8-noon and then head over to DCA for a crowd-free fun time. :) wahoo!!!!
Thanks for the head's up AVP.

TowerofTerror
12-09-2005, 10:52 AM
I was there yesterday and the crowd at Disneyland was pretty busy for a Thursday.

olegc
12-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Wonder why...
Well I'm heading over Sunday -- guess I'll get my 4 hours in from 8-noon and then head over to DCA for a crowd-free fun time. :) wahoo!!!!
Thanks for the head's up AVP.

well - I think I can tell you why
Holidays, 50th blitz, "go early in december because no crowds" etc. everyone has been saying all december could be busy - and it's starting..

TikiGeek
12-09-2005, 11:33 AM
What a difference a week makes! Last week was dead especially Wed & Thurs. The Christmas rush is on - they must all be friends of the "Mayor of Main St." :D

mckygirl99
12-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Still going to brave it anyway but thanks for the heads up! I am heading over there in about 1 hour!

tod
12-09-2005, 02:16 PM
They won't be making English Toffee until Saturday.

--t

silence
12-09-2005, 05:42 PM
no lockers by 10:30 in the park or out front. the lady there said it was one of those "CLOSE THE PARK" days possibly. we left and went to DCA around 1:00 and hope to head back in an hour or so.

twist1980
12-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Yikes! I'm beginning to get a bit worried about next week! Oh well, it will be fun no matter what (the power of positive thinking)!

DangerMouse
12-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Yep, I think it's officially time to get off these boards. We are leaving in the morning (first park day is on Sunday), and reading about the crowds online is just making me nervous! Time to put on my happy Disney face and make the best of a crowded park.

Another Dimension
12-09-2005, 06:27 PM
I went in for the Christmas Fantasy Parade at 4:55 and just got back a little while ago and it wasn't any more crowded than I expected it was going to be inside DL, down by Small World.

I hopped on a full Monorail at DtD with a 8 minute wait (one had just pulled out as I climbed the stairs) and then waited about 10 minutes to board a not quite full Monorail in TL to get out of DL around 6.
As I was walking to the Monorail station Buzz Lightyear had the two switchbacks in front of the attraction full of Guests and there was a 25 minute stand by and Star Tours was a 30 min standby. Not so bad...

The Buzz extended queue ropes (to the side of the attraction and in front of Ariel's rock) were up though. But the wait wasn't that long.
It's a Small World Holiday was only using a small portion of it's extended queue then also. :)

BQ2
12-09-2005, 08:45 PM
:eek:

DCACM
12-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm not sure, but I think the crowds might be due to it being the Christmas/holiday season.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-09-2005, 10:55 PM
The Christmas rush is on - they must all be friends of the "Mayor of Main St." :D

I had never, before October, seen the "Mayor of Main Street"! !! Was he always there, because in all of my years of going to DL, I'd never seen him. My daughter, who is 24, said, "Hi Mayor" when she saw him. hahaha! His face was priceless, he, of course, said hello back to her.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
They won't be making English Toffee until Saturday.

--t

Oh man Tod...you are killing me with this English Toffee talk! I'm going to make you and TLMT get me a package next time you go. ;) I LOVE that stuff so much! Oh my gosh!!!!! I have to come to DL in the spring just to load up on the English toffee, rocky road, etc. etc. etc.

Disneymomma
12-10-2005, 08:28 PM
We were there last week, Dec 1-7th, and it wasn't bad at all.
Usually a 5-10 minute wait. We did see a 45 minute standby for Space Mountain, but we had Fastpasses, and go on in 7!
It was busy, but not crazy busy. It was nice.

Leli
12-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Man I should've checked here before I left. It was the worst traffic I've seen on Ball Road. Well I mean at 6:30 pm. I can understand in the mornings when park is about to open but it was 6:30! The whole time I was thinking, man there must be something going on that I don't know about. I guess it was just holiday rush. It took me just as long to get from the 57 to Disneyland on Ball Road as it took to get from Corona to the exit.:rolleyes:

evrythngwmn
12-11-2005, 12:39 AM
I had never, before October, seen the "Mayor of Main Street"! !! Was he always there, because in all of my years of going to DL, I'd never seen him. My daughter, who is 24, said, "Hi Mayor" when she saw him. hahaha! His face was priceless, he, of course, said hello back to her.

He's new. His job is to help keep the spirit of the 50th celebrations alive :rolleyes: or something to that nature.

Disneymomma
12-11-2005, 11:19 AM
We saw the Mayor too last week.
I was in city hall, and we came out, and the Mayor was on the Train Station steps welcoming everyone to DLand. Also with him was Donald, Belle, Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. It was neat, because then they played Walts "to everyone that comes to this happy place, Welcome" speech.
Very good way to start the day!
:)

Niwel
12-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Saw the Mayor today at Disneyana... He tipped his hat to me and I said "Hello Mr. Mayor" - the other people in the store looked at me like I was nuts.

P.S. It was crowded (sunday) today ... don't know if it hit capacity, though ... I went to DCA at 12:30 and left the resort at 3:30. The longest line I waited in was at Riverbelle (but that was at 10 a.m.)

SanDiegoDayTripper
12-11-2005, 07:30 PM
I was in DL from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and my mom and I both thought it seemed really crowded. We were there just for shopping, no rides or lines, and we noticed much longer lines than even Thanksgiving weekend Sunday.

We think it was because today was the last day for Southern California APs until January. This was the first time we have pulled into the parking entrance and seen the portable lighted sign saying, "Disneyland is very busy today. Plan Accordingly" or something to that effect.

DCA from 2-3 p.m. wasnt' bad.

Pirate Princess
12-11-2005, 07:41 PM
We think it was because today was the last day for Southern California APs until January.
Okay that gave me a heart attack since we are leaving tomorrow to go to DL with our SoCal AP's. Just checked though and we still have all this week. Wheew. Don't do that to a girl.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
12-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Okay that gave me a heart attack since we are leaving tomorrow to go to DL with our SoCal AP's. Just checked though and we still have all this week. Wheew. Don't do that to a girl.

You and me both, I had to run and check the AP newsletter................

That would have been fun to explain to the kids.