PDA

View Full Version : How far away from Disneyland can you see the fireworks?

Noah
12-08-2005, 11:39 PM
I have wondered if anyone has seen the Disneyland fireworks from a roof in West Los Angeles? I do not think it is possible but I am just wondering if anyone has really made a serious attempt to try this (like standing on the roof of a tall building or something on a clear night) I guess the palos verdes hills are probably in the way though so it may be impossible but I thought I would ask! :)

ChicagoCarlessMike
12-09-2005, 06:52 AM
I don't live in LA, but you're talking about a distance of 50 miles or so. Here in Chicago I live on the 38th floor, about 350 feet up, and I can see, on the clearest of clear days, 22 miles. I think you'd have to be very, very high up on an extraordinarily clear night to the fireworks in Anaheim from West LA.

Mrs. Newseditor44
12-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Highly unlikely you'll be able to see it from West LA.

I do know someone that was able to see it from their condo up in the hills of Lake Forest (South OC). However their view was directly towards the Anaheim area but it was still pretty faint.

srfantasmic
12-09-2005, 08:36 AM
LA has too much smog. A "clear" day only gives you a few miles of visibility.

Noah
12-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the responses. I live 35 miles door to door from Disneyland (I know I know I am spoiled<grin>) , I would imagine that if one was high enough up on a clear enough night you should be able to see fire works if they were at a high enough altitude no?
Perhaps I am way off :)

Terri
12-09-2005, 10:14 AM
I grew up 5 miles away (to the east) and remember watching the fireworks every night during the summer...then the trees grew and we couldn't see them anymore.

When I was older and lived about 15 miles to the west, I couldn't see them at all. I doubt seriously that you could see them from LA, but would say if you were nearby at a higher elevation without any trees or buildings blocking your view, you'd be able to see them for miles...

(wow...that was of little help with a lot of words:eek: )

SteveK
12-09-2005, 02:04 PM
On a clear day, I can see the Hollywood sign from my 9th floor office in Anaheim. That being said, it's easy to pick out since it's a white sign on a green backdrop. I think it would be very difficult to see the fireworks with any clarity from more than 20 miles away.

pretty Omi
12-09-2005, 03:24 PM
all i know is i'm about 15 miles away, and i can see them from a particular spot in irvine on top of a bridge, as well as hear them from my room everynight they show

disneygurl92
12-09-2005, 05:25 PM
i can hear and see them from my cousin's house and he's about 20 miles away.

bhbob
12-09-2005, 06:50 PM
I stayed at the Irvine Marriot (near the John Wayne Airport) once and I watched the fireworks from my window.:D

BWthespian
12-09-2005, 07:46 PM
i live in anaheim hills but i can only hear them:mad:. My moms home has a view and you can usually see them just a bit, if they go high enough and than theres the freeway when im getting back from dinner in irvine or brea you can see them pretty well from the freeway lol.

experiment626
12-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Growing up we could see the fireworks (barely but good enough) from my Grandma's second story apartment in Westminister.