PDA

View Full Version : Trip report Thursday afternoon

potzbie
12-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Mini trip report.
I went to DL Wednesday (arrived about 1:00).

My primary goal was to renew my Annual Pass in person at the Main Street Bank, since I failed to renew in a timely manner, and I did not want to go two weeks with no current Annual Pass.

My secondary goal was to check out some inside info that MousePlanet regulars had posted.

Overcast all day.
Felt raindrops for a few seconds.
Cool.
Great to walk in cool 68 degrees, instead of in 80-degree heat.

Johnny was playing piano at the Coca Cola corner. Good stuff.

Saw Alice and Mad Hatter and Tweedle Dum/Dee doing the Musical Chairs routine with Johnny doing the music.

Saw both parades.
I viewed the Parade of Dreams from the Main Street Square (which is a triangle).
I see that the Christmas parade has the same floats and same music as last year.
(I viewed the Christmas parade from the raised area next to the Coca Cola Corner.)

I saw the Tree Lighting ceremony at 5:30.
Tree looks good.
It blinks.

Billy Hill & The Hillbillies show incorporated Christmas music.
The emcee was the "Barney Fife" Billy, today.
Duane (Billy Bald) was on fiddle/mandolin.
John Marshall (Evan's brother) was on bass.
The other Rick (not Rick Story) was on banjo and electric guitar and fiddle.
I ate a chili bread bowl, and an apple funnel cake.

I finally looked at the top of SNOW WHITE'S SCARY ADVENTURES and I saw the Evil Queen peer through the curtains.
Son of a gun! Subtle!
It happens every 30 seconds, I estimate.

I asked a Cast Member at the candy card inside the castle courtyard where the golden spike was.
She pointed me toward under-the-chandelier.
And there it was.
Modest.
I expected something more.
It certainly looks like a surveyor's mark instead of any ceremonial mark.

I rode the Jungle Cruise to pick up any new jokes.
I heard good variations, but no joke was truly new.
I laughed at the good variations.
At the hippo pool, the gun mis-fired.
I laughed.
While waiting in line, one of the loaders must be a skipper-in-training, because he told a few jokes aloud to no one in particular, while awaiting the next boat to return.

Example: "Wife and I still go out to eat twice a week. -- She goes Tuesdays; I go Thursdays."
[Insert rim shot here.]

At the Enchanted Tiki Room, just for a change, I ate a pineapple spear.
(Yes, they call a strip of pineapple a "spear" instead of calling it "slice.")
It was already too cold to have ice cream, so I did not have the Dole Whip.

Which princesses were out and about?
Ariel was out, as always.
I like this one. -- Looks closest to Jody Benson, as opposed to the other Ariel I have seen.
Cinderella came out about one minute after I asked the Cast Member in front of the castle, "Hey, where are the princesses?" and I was told that the threat of rain might cause no princess to come out.

Dang! I forgot to listen in on one of the ONCE UPON A TIME story time by the princesses.
Got to go back and catch all three in one day, just to see.

At DCA, I took a good look at the end of Hollywood Boulevard.
The painted shrinking-perspective scene (the end where the entrance of Hyperion Theater is) has the ROOSEVELT HOTEL placed on the wrong side of the street.
If you were to drive down the REAL Hollywood Blvd. The EL CAPITAN THEATER and THE HOLLYWOOD ROOSEVELT HOTEL are on the SAME side of the street (south), and across the block from each other, on the south side.
Why did Disneyland management do that?
Is Grauman's Chinese Theater under copyright protection still?
Grauman's is the site that should have been depicted on right side (north side) of Hollywood Boulevard across from the EL CAPITAN THEATER.
(Last time I visited Grauman's Chinese Theater was last month. I visited the Hollywood Wax Museum and I walked across the street to the Guiness Book of World Records Museum.)

At DCA, I saw the new marquee of the ANIMATION building.
I saw the new lit poster stand inside the ANIMATION building.

At DCA I always sit in on TALK TO CRUSH.
Crush did the bikini bit.
No Dory; no whale.

At DCA, for the limbo stick routine Road Trip does to surf music, had Cruella DeVille hold one side of the limbo stick.
I've never seen Cruella DeVille outside of Hollywood Backlot.
A little bit out of place.

I had to leave after the last parade because my leg muscles were too pooped to pop. No endurance any more at my weight and my age.

That is what I did after I renewed my Annual Pass at the Main Street Bank.
I mean, I was already there. Right?
:)