PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve & Fantasmic Dessert B[uffet]

AgentPooh
12-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Anyone know if there is a new year's eve countdown at Rivers of America before the midnight showing of Fantasmic? Any special desserts or sparkling apple cider available at the riverfront dessert area? How is the viewing of the New Year's fireworks from the area?

Thanks! :)

TrekkieDad
12-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Anyone know if there is a new year's eve countdown at Rivers of America before the midnight showing of Fantasmic? Any special desserts or sparkling apple cider available at the riverfront dessert area? How is the viewing of the New Year's fireworks from the area?

Thanks! :)
DW and I did just that a couple of years ago. Not only do you get a good view of the fireworks, but you can see the top of the Matterhorn from there. There is also entertainment on the ROA prior to the fireworks, and the Fantasmic show starts as soon as the fireworks are over.

Interesting observation: just before the countdown I noticed a significant increase in CM's standing behind us on the balcony. The left before F! began.

As far as I know, there were no special desserts or beverages on the balcony, but what they had was pretty darn good.

AgentPooh
12-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks Trekkiedad! Sounds like you had a great time at the balcony! How crowded was it below on the riverfront? Our reservations are at the riverfront... balcony was already sold out... even when I called at 8am 30 days prior to Dec. 31st.

experiment626
12-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Remember it is not a true 30 days it is 1 month. So for December 31st, I guess it would have been November 30th.

TrekkieDad
12-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks Trekkiedad! Sounds like you had a great time at the balcony! How crowded was it below on the riverfront? Our reservations are at the riverfront... balcony was already sold out... even when I called at 8am 30 days prior to Dec. 31st.
I don't recall, but I suspect it's not as crowded as the hub!

TowerofTerror
12-10-2005, 07:28 PM
its not bad the crowds at rivers of america on new years eve