PDA

View Full Version : Odv 1994-1996?

ODV Yellows
12-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Morning, my Name is Barry and was in ODV in the mid 90's for 3 summers, back when they wore yellow (I was there right at the transistion) and back when they had their little office behind America Sings. I am looking for anyone or anything who knew me from that time and has memories to share:::

In PARTICULAR:::

In the summer of 1995 a few very proactive ODV regulars got permission from the Park Emporer himself to film a movie at 3:00am on the deserted Disneyland streets. Which they did. It was a Star Wars parody called VENDOR WARS. They had a poster and sold t-shirts for it. Involving lightsaber duels with a "Duck Vendor" who was wearing a Mighty Ducks facemask and a Yoda who hung out in Critter Country, they wnet all out. I got to play the role of the Rebel General in a Monorail suit (pleasant change) I still have pictures of myself in.
But I DONT know if they ever finished the movie. They had a few casting issues which I never knew if they resolved. To my knowledge about 90% of the movie was completed. Does anyone know if it was done? I wish I could remember the names of the ODV leads who wrote it, but I still have the script.

Barry F.
ODV 1994-1996

12-08-2005, 10:38 AM
For those who wonder, ODV = Outdoor Vending, as in the carts that sell churros, etc.

ODV Yellows
12-09-2005, 06:15 AM
Churros, Balloons, Ice Cream, Popcorn, and the GLowsticks before Fantasmic and get to ride the bicycles around with the Ice Cream Freezers attached that were sometimes full of glow-in-the-dark lightsabers before the Electrical Parade.

OutDoor Vending, who knows anyone who sold anything? I need to find the gang.

Mrs. Newseditor44
12-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Westside Attractions also did a film short that summer that was a parody to various movies. I remember seeing one of them at the end of the summer of '94 which was also filmed on location in the park. Not only were CMs from Westside Attractions included but I remember the Tour Guides as well. I assume ODV did the same thing because the title sounds familiar.