PDA

View Full Version : Casual Lounge/Restaurants in area?

Lekta
12-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Hello all of you Planetiers! I have a trip coming up for Feb 28-Mar 7th for the Disneyland area. We will be staying at a hotel/resort about a mile away from the park. Last time we went to Disneyland we really wanted to go have a few beers after the park had closed. First place we saw, naturally, was the Uva bar. Not having a clue as to how much the drinks were, we ordered up 4 beers. To our horror, that alone added up to about $30. When we found that out we were out of there.

We starting to think of any other place that has beers and is relaxing after the park. Well, long story short, we ended up at Tony Romas on Harbor, and it wasn't exactly that relaxing. Cheap, but not relaxing.

Finally, to my question; Does anyone know a nice little lounge in the area that isn't too spendy?

Thank ye kindly!

stan4d_steph
12-07-2005, 10:07 AM
The Hearthstone Lounge at GCH is nice, but it's probably still in the spendy range.

ILoveChurros
12-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Pretty much any restaurant or bar on Harbor Blvd in Downtown Fullerton. There is Bennegans, Rockin Taco, Heroes, and much more to just have a beer and relax, and they stay open late.

Lekta
12-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Now Fullerton would be North or South on Harbor? Would work best if it was to the South, as our hotel is about a mile in that direction.

Thank you all kindly!

SifuJustin
12-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Not far from Disneyland, west on Katella to the corner of Katella and the next major street west of Disneyland Dr (the name of that street slips my mind) is a cool dive bar called Captain Bombay's. It is in a strip mall. The drinks are cheap and it is a casual place to hang out. Lots of Disneyland cast members like to go there after work and get their drink on.

Justin