PDA

View Full Version : Anticipated Crowds Post-Christmas

vwhite5974
12-06-2005, 09:00 PM
We've only been to Disneyland once before and that was the week before 4th of July. Please someone reassure me that it won't be *quite* as crowded the week after Christmas. We should be at the park the 28th & 29th of December.

When we were there last time, we RAN to Splash Mountain the second the park opened and our fastpass time was already close to 7 pm. We tried to get on three separate times and never did get one there. I am not planning to hit Splash Mountain this vistit but I surely hope the park won't be too bad overall this time.

VickiC
12-06-2005, 09:04 PM
It may actually be worse.

Sorry.

Andrew
12-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Please someone reassure me that it won't be *quite* as crowded the week after Christmas. We should be at the park the 28th & 29th of December.
The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest of the year. Weekdays might not quite reach July 4th levels, but it won't be far off. RideMax (http://www.ridemax.com/) might be of good use to you on this trip. Also, don't forget that you can get a new FP (for another attraction) every two hours even if your earlier ones haven't come due yet. See Darkbeer's FP guides for more info.

vwhite5974
12-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Holy cow. Ok well. I guess we'll just have to tough it out. :)

The crowds in July were tolerable enough with fastpass to help but the heat made it really hard on the grandparents. I think if it isn't as bad as 4th of July, we'll be ok. We have two new babies this year - both 14 months old - so we know we won't be able to zoom around the parks and hit everything.

We bought our tickets at AAA last time when you could still stay off-property and get unlimited fastpass so we're really going to miss that. Sigh. But my big kid (3rd grader!) is finally tall enough to ride California Screamin' and the Maliboomer so if we get on those two, he'll consider the trip a success.

lisap
12-07-2005, 05:34 AM
At least it won't be hot in December.:) Might make the crowds a bit more bearable.