PDA

View Full Version : Does Disneyland still use 'tour ears'?

b52hbuff
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
As seen here:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050512avp.htm

As we left the film, several tour support managers met our group and announced that they had a surprise for us. Due to the crowded conditions in the park that day, we were going to be the first group to test the new “tour ears” system, borrowed from Walt Disney World. The small receivers fit neatly in our pockets, and the earpiece allowed us to hear our tour guide clearly.

sierranevada
12-06-2005, 03:47 PM
We used them on the 50th tour in July but when we took it in Nov, we did not. I asked the tour guide and she said they she does not like them - that they are too many problems with interference with them and got permission from her lead to not use them. I was skeptical but she actually did a great job in getting all of us to be able to hear. Not sure if it is each guides choice.

disneyjunkie
12-06-2005, 07:23 PM
We did the 50th tour on Nov 29th and they handed them out, but all were basically static as well as our tour guides so they collected them and went on our tour.

emmah
12-06-2005, 07:38 PM
We did the 50th tour on Nov 29th and they handed them out, but all were basically static as well as our tour guides so they collected them and went on our tour.

we used them last week (I did the tour on sat 3 dec) for the 50th tour, but not for the christmas tour on sunday. i had no problem with my earpiece at all, and it was great to be able to hear but look away at the same time. some people did have problems and they brought along another cast member with spares to swap them so obviously this has been a big problem. he said that the problem is technology used for the parades and people using short wave radios in the parks to keep in touch.