PDA

View Full Version : Weather and fireworks Monday Dec 06

Mickey
12-05-2005, 01:25 PM
So any reports on the winds and firework cancellation for today (Monday dec 06) ?

Thanks !!!

Darkbeer
12-05-2005, 01:33 PM
The winds are gusty in the area, so there is a good chance that the 5:45 PM showing tonight will be cancelled.

But the forcast calls the winds "variable". so who knows. The test ballons will be the deciding factor, as it it is the wind conditions at the time of launch that matter. If they first test fails, they do a couple of others, the last ones would be around 5:55 PM, if that one fails, then the show would be cancelled.

By the way, if you hear the cancellation announcement, don't move if you are in the snowing areas. It does take them a couple of minutes to get ready and prep the system, but the lights will drop and the snow will fall (unless it is raining).

Mickey
12-05-2005, 01:42 PM
The winds are gusty in the area, so there is a good chance that the 5:45 PM showing tonight will be cancelled.

But the forcast calls the winds "variable". so who knows. The test ballons will be the deciding factor, as it it is the wind conditions at the time of launch that matter. If they first test fails, they do a couple of others, the last ones would be around 5:55 PM, if that one fails, then the show would be cancelled.

By the way, if you hear the cancellation announcement, don't move if you are in the snowing areas. It does take them a couple of minutes to get ready and prep the system, but the lights will drop and the snow will fall (unless it is raining).

My question for the fireworks was because a friend is in the park, so, we are having communication by radio. She is telling me what's up in the park (and im working!!:crying: )But at 5.45 she will call me back and tell me the firework issue. Let's hope for the best!

Thanks for the info Darkbeer! By the way you take excellent pictures! (never had a chance to say it)

Thanks!!

Another Dimension
12-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Remember sounded like it went off right on time tonight...

Although it was noticably breezy here in Anaheim, it's cool they had acceptible conditions at Disneyland.

Hooray for 5:45pm Fireworks!! :D

WITron
12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
The fireworks went off as scheduled last Monday, but Tinkerbell did not make her flight.