PDA

View Full Version : Screamin' Fastpass Conspiracy

MonorailMan
03-21-2002, 07:06 PM
It seems to be that me and my AP friends have been unable to get a FP for screamin' after about 1 pm. I find this weird, also they don't run all the trains, so lines can get up to an hour long. Is this to keep people in DCA? What if there slowly fasing out FP for Screamin'? Or, What If There Trying To Make DCA Look Busy With A Long Line?

I must find out, "The Truth Is Out There"! :D

Iceman
03-21-2002, 09:09 PM
Well I wouldn't call it a conspiracy, but it's a fact that theme parks would rather have lines at their attractions, albeit fairly short ones. They will run rides at less than full capacity in order to ensure there is SOME wait. This also saves costs by reducing wear and tear and requiring fewer cast members to run the ride.

Think about going out to a nightclub: are you more intrigued by the place with a line running down the street and around the corner or the one where you can walk right in? If the line is TOO long, you will go to the empty place just for convenience, but most people will get in the line thinking it must be a better club.

It reminds of a time I was walking around Hollywood with a friend of mine. People were starting to line up along Hollywood Boulevard (the real one), and we didn't know why. We kept asking people, and literally everyone kept saying they didn't know either, but something must be happening because there was a line. It turns out it was the premiere of "Tank Girl" and they had this special thing where Lori Petty drove down the street in a tank and stuff, but what amazed me was the psychology of so many people waiting for something, ANYTHING to happen! (Sorry for the long-winded reply...)

Nigel2
03-21-2002, 09:36 PM
If you think that is bad at WDW Test Track can run out of FP before 12, (good thing we got ours when the park opened).

Dave Z
03-22-2002, 08:58 AM
I noticed this line thing at Star Tours. They keep you out of the queue, outside, then, after a short line forms, let you in and you inveriably walk right on.

I don't understand everything that is going on here but the Iceman makes sense.

DZ

Uncle Dick
03-23-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Dave Z
I noticed this line thing at Star Tours. They keep you out of the queue, outside, then, after a short line forms, let you in and you inveriably walk right on.

DZ
That's always bugged me. Why not do the obvious thing and send Fastpass through one side and Standby through another? As it is, one side of the line is always sitting vacant, along with the entire first room.

Techie7
03-23-2002, 05:28 PM
Friday afternoon had both sides loading and four or five trains running. Only a thirty min. wait. Lots of fast passes left after 5:00. Guess it is better now that it is a peak period.