PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Go Swimming In The Sea Of...

Doug
12-04-2005, 04:21 PM
PEOPLE?! Yikes, what a contrast, I was in Dland yesterday (Dec. 3), and there was a SEA of people (I have pics ;)), what a contrast to Nov. 11, which was dead (Jim)!

Wow, that candle light procession is good stuff, watched to the end, and got some pics of Dick as he walked down, and then in front of me, he turned his head to away from me, when I tried using the flash, I guess I could of yelled "DICK!!" Oh well... how many more times are are they going to do the candle light procession?

Wow, now they have three big events to draw people, Fantasmic (Aging), Fireworks (still new), and now the candle light procession, sweet.... and they did not harass us, tell us to keep moving when we where way on the far side (right as you are exiting) ... Anyone know what speakers they where using :)?

chahn
12-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I was there too, along with my husband and my mother. It was a zoo but since we started early (in line for entry at 7:30am), we got the hot rides taken care of before the park got very crowded. By 9:45am, we had ridden Space Mtn, HMH, PotC, Indy, and Jungle Cruise with the longest wait being about 15 minutes, whereas it took us 45 minutes to get through the line at the River Belle Terrace for breakfast at 10am. The only FP we got was for Thunder Mtn. around 6pm, which gave us time for my mom to poke around Critter Country and me to try to wedge myself into Le Bat en Rouge to get some NBC stuff. We got out of there just in time to head off to use our FPes.

We skipped the Candlelight Processional but by serendipity happened to be in line for Small World when they did the lighting ceremony and we managed to squeeze in for the first showing of Fantasmic. It rocked! We had just gotten to the shops on Main Street when they announced that the fireworks had been cancelled. We were disappointed to miss the fireworks but it was pretty incredible being in the crowd when the "snow" started. All in all, we had a great day despite the crowds.

Doug
12-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Snow?! What snow????

We were disappointed to miss the fireworks but it was pretty incredible being in the crowd when the "snow" started. All in all, we had a great day despite the crowds.

mi_mous
12-04-2005, 08:49 PM
There is now "snow" (for the holidays) after the fireworks, or if they cancel them, immediately after they make the announcement that they are cancelling them. It's actually pretty cool when it is happening!

mi_mous
12-04-2005, 08:50 PM
I hope it isn't that crowded tomorrow!

Another Dimension
12-05-2005, 12:51 AM
Seeing and hearing Dick Van Dyke at Disneyland on Saturday Night was.... AMAZING!

Massive crowds, no trains, tons of GC on Main St/Town Square, slow moving, very narrow walkways and extra ropes almost everywhere, but Candlelight even for a few minutes on Main St is a very special experience, especially with Dick Van Dyke speaking live.

It was worth every minute of the crowds, all day and into the night. :D

Doug
12-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Sweet... but when do the candle light processions, end?

Seeing and hearing Dick Van Dyke at Disneyland on Saturday Night was.... AMAZING!

Massive crowds, no trains, tons of GC on Main St/Town Square, slow moving, very narrow walkways and extra ropes almost everywhere, but Candlelight even for a few minutes on Main St is a very special experience, especially with Dick Van Dyke speaking live.

It was worth every minute of the crowds, all day and into the night. :D

Mark Mywords
12-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Saturday was the most crowded day I've ever experienced in the park. Candlelight was awesome, what little I got to see of it. We got to see the very beginning and had a great view, but the kids really started freaking out after a short while. Just before Dick Van Dyke started his reading, we had to give up our spot and just head into the park. I was glad to be able to see a little bit of it, though...

DangerMouse
12-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Sweet... but when do the candle light processions, end?

Doug, the Candlelight procession is only one weekend each year. They had two performances, one Saturday evening and one Sunday evening. So you'll have to wait till next year to catch it again. They get a different speaker each year.

cstephens
12-05-2005, 04:10 PM
PEOPLE?! Yikes, what a contrast, I was in Dland yesterday (Dec. 3), and there was a SEA of people (I have pics ;)), what a contrast to Nov. 11, which was dead (Jim)!

We are talking this past November 11, Friday, Veteran's Day, when it was so crowded they were restricting access to the park?

We were there on Sunday. It was crowded on Main Street near Town Square because of things being blocked off and the traffic control, but elsewhere in the park, it wasn't that bad.

Doug
12-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Why just 2 times?

Doug, the Candlelight procession is only one weekend each year. They had two performances, one Saturday evening and one Sunday evening. So you'll have to wait till next year to catch it again. They get a different speaker each year.

Doug
12-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Wow, I typed Nov. 11? I have no idea why I typed 11, when I was thinking Nov. 7th...

We are talking this past November 11, Friday, Veteran's Day, when it was so crowded they were restricting access to the park?

We were there on Sunday. It was crowded on Main Street near Town Square because of things being blocked off and the traffic control, but elsewhere in the park, it wasn't that bad.

JeffG
12-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Why just 2 times?

It is a big, complex production to put on. As you probably noticed it is also a pretty major disruption to traffic flow and such in the park. For all that reason, it is really only practical to do the show one weekend per year.

Note that there were actually four shows instead of two, though. They did the show twice per night.

In Florida they do a similar show a couple times per night for several weeks, but theirs is a quite a bit smaller-scale show that is run in a theater at Epcot instead of on Main Street.

-Jeff