PDA

View Full Version : I saw Alice on her ride! - Fireworks cancelled

Mickey
12-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Well we all know that the Alice in wonderland ride in fantasyland, you are "suppose to be Alice" so you see the ride through "her eyes".

Well it's a good ride ,Ive been on it so many times and yesterday for the first time I saw here. Ive read many posts , that say: "Alice never appears on the ride" , well guess what ? she does!!!

Actually we were 5 persons on the car, (2 front -3 back) everything started normal, but when we were going up the flower part (golden afternoon) after that you see Mr. Caterpillar,I turned around to say something to my friends in the back, and just said ... OH WOW! ALICE IS THERE! and there all "what"?(they were thinking I was crazy, but yes they saw here too)
If you turn to your right there you can see, Alice standing with a rose on her hand looking at the caterpillar. I don't know if it was new to me, or just another new post on mouseplanet, but yes she is there.
It was a great day , except that 2 saturdays ago the fireworks were cancelled, yesterday they were cancelled again.:crying:

But everything great as always!

TowerofTerror
12-04-2005, 01:41 PM
I think your suppose to see her in the ride. I do think it not cool firework have been getting canceled a lot but they have no control over the wind high up in the air over Disneyland.

Mickey
12-04-2005, 01:48 PM
I think your suppose to see her in the ride. I do think it not cool firework have been getting canceled a lot but they have no control over the wind high up in the air over Disneyland.

I know to bad for the people that have never seen the show, but I suppose that not even Tink can help us out with the maleficent-windy condition. :mad:

Nancy
12-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Well we all know that the Alice in wonderland ride in fantasyland, you are "suppose to be Alice" so you see the ride through "her eyes".

Well it's a good ride ,Ive been on it so many times and yesterday for the first time I saw here. Ive read many posts , that say: "Alice never appears on the ride" , well guess what ? she does!!!

Actually we were 5 persons on the car, (2 front -3 back) everything started normal, but when we were going up the flower part (golden afternoon) after that you see Mr. Caterpillar,I turned around to say something to my friends in the back, and just said ... OH WOW! ALICE IS THERE! and there all "what"?(they were thinking I was crazy, but yes they saw here too)
If you turn to your right there you can see, Alice standing with a rose on her hand looking at the caterpillar. I don't know if it was new to me, or just another new post on mouseplanet, but yes she is there.

Hasn't she always been there?? At least as long as I can remember, but it isn't in a real noticable place.:)

Cnjp
12-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Hasn't she always been there?? At least as long as I can remember, but it isn't in a real noticable place.:)

Yep! :)

Mickey
12-04-2005, 02:59 PM

Oh yeah! Im pretty sure she's been there for a looong time, only you can't see here that fine.

Doug
12-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Wait... are you telling me, Dec 3rd, the fireworks where cancelled?!

It was a great day , except that 2 saturdays ago the fireworks were cancelled, yesterday they were cancelled again.:crying:

Mickey
12-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Wait... are you telling me, Dec 3rd, the fireworks where cancelled?!

Yes, they were cancelled :( SATURDAY DEC 03.
At 9.00pm they played the normal recording that says: "Ladies and Gentlemen join us for our 50th anniversary firework spectacular remember etc ..etc"

I thought to myself YES!!!! THERE WILL BE THIS TIME FIREWORKS!!, got excited, like 6 min after that another announcment "that they will be delayed" after that the test ballons went up, then aprox. at 9.30pm the final announcement that they were cancelled. :(

Doug
12-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Test ballons, eh?

Fantastic! Me and my friend had to leave early, so we where not able to stay, so we did not mis anything, I was going to get my tripod out of the car and take some pics to! Whew!

Yes, they were cancelled :( SATURDAY DEC 03.
At 9.00pm they played the normal recording that says: "Ladies and Gentlemen join us for our 50th anniversary firework spectacular remember etc ..etc"

I thought to myself YES!!!! THERE WILL BE THIS TIME FIREWORKS!!, got excited, like 6 min after that another announcment "that they will be delayed" after that the test ballons went up, then aprox. at 9.30pm the final announcement that they were cancelled. :(

mi_mous
12-04-2005, 08:35 PM
You are supposed to be experieincing the ride like you are the character. However, you do see the main character at least once during the ride. So, yes, Alice has always been there. I think I read that once in a guide about Disneyland. Can't tell you which book, but that is what I can remember about it.

You saw the balloons too Mickey?? We were there for 4 days, and every day except one were cancelled. I saw the test balloons each time they were cancelled too. When I was there last Sunday, they were annoucing that they may be cancelled. I saw the test balloons go up on the sides, and showed everyone who was near me. They are little regular helium balloons, not like Disneyland balloons, so it's easy to tell when they go up.

Mickey
12-04-2005, 11:49 PM
You are supposed to be experieincing the ride like you are the character. However, you do see the main character at least once during the ride. So, yes, Alice has always been there. I think I read that once in a guide about Disneyland. Can't tell you which book, but that is what I can remember about it.

You saw the balloons too Mickey?? We were there for 4 days, and every day except one were cancelled. I saw the test balloons each time they were cancelled too. When I was there last Sunday, they were annoucing that they may be cancelled. I saw the test balloons go up on the sides, and showed everyone who was near me. They are little regular helium balloons, not like Disneyland balloons, so it's easy to tell when they go up.

Yup I saw them. Actually the first time I saw one of the ballons,it was like in July, I was with a friend and I just thought to myself, how can a ballon come from the back side of the caste if no one is suppose to be there because it's blocked?
So we were thinking probably it's like a "sign" that they are ready to start the show, but now, thanks to mouseplanet and common sense, I know that they are used for wind testing.
This saturday the ones that I saw came from the back of the castle, one from the toontown area and another from the kodak store in main street.