PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Parades?

Ayeegit
12-04-2005, 09:43 AM
So I know DCA has the ELP going, and I *think* DL has at least two parades going on during the Holidays as well.

Can any of you experts give us information about which ones are the "can't miss" vs the "if you have time" parades? We're going to be at the resort for three days in a few weeks, so we're trying to plan ahead as much as possible.

Thanks!

Phantom2006
12-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Well i think a can't miss is the electrical parade. Well i maily say that because i have not seen it sense i was about 4 maybe? Or 5 years old. I think the Christmas parade is kinda boring. It is the same every year. I would say that is the parade that you catch when you are walking down main street. I think the parade of dreams is a lot better then the christmas one, it is for the 50th anniversary. But you say you are going to be there for 3 days, you might as well see them all. Maybe one a day. If i was there for one day I would just see the one in California Adventure.

sunfun94
12-04-2005, 10:18 AM
When we were there yesterday... DL had Parade of Dreams (the 50th celebration parade.. a great one IMO) running a one time trip at 1130ish.. then the Christmas Parade was in the afternoon for 2 shows...I think their times were skewed a bit because of CP...So when you go they should be back to normal times...

I love the Christmas Parade ...its a great Holiday tradition for going to the parks to get your holiday time cranking...The Parade of Dreams is really cool if you have not seen it as the floats are done so well, the music isnt bad and the performers on a couple of those floats are great!
As for DCA...not too sure as I have only seen EP and that really doesnt excite me much anymore though it was nice to see it once to bring back childhood memories... I havent seen the new Block Party as of yet! :)

HAVE A GREAT TIME!:D

Darkbeer
12-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Starting December 16th, you will have one Parade of Dreams daily at 3 PM, I would say that is the Best Parade.

Next would be two showings of the Christmas Parade, 5:15 and 7:45 PM, this would be the second choice.

Third would be the classic Electrical Parade, nightly at 8:45

Last would be Block Party Bash, daily at 5:15. This parade mainly is designed for kids, with lots of interaction and high enery.

Ayeegit
12-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks everyone! That's exactly what we were looking for - we'll try to make time for all of them, and see if the young ones are interested in the Block Party if there's time.