PDA

View Full Version : Some sympathy please...

crazi4dlr
12-04-2005, 08:08 AM
I just wanted to get a little sympathy from some loyalists. We were supposed to be in DL this weekend with all of my siblings and their families. But we had to move and the owners of the house we are renting wouldn't let us move until this weekend so we had to cancel our trip. This was to be our first holidays at the park. I have gone all of my life but only during the summer so I have never seen the holiday decorations and I was so excited to go. Now I'm sitting on the floor of my house surrounded by boxes and disarray instead of enjoying the splendor of DLR. I figured there is only certain folks out there who understand what I am feeling and most of them can be found here on MP. So bless all of you who know why I am in tears. :crying:

sierranevada
12-04-2005, 08:11 AM
I am so sorry to hear that! Hopefully you can reschedule for next year. I know a year is a long time to wait but it could give you something to look forward to.

MammaSilva
12-04-2005, 08:40 AM
((((just cuz)))))

Disney Vault
12-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Here is the best way to think of it. Now you can go this time next year when monsters inc will be open, ToT will have a new drop sequence, rock it mountain will be open, and pirates of the caribbean will be updated.

sunfun94
12-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Here is the best way to think of it. Now you can go this time next year when monsters inc will be open, ToT will have a new drop sequence, rock it mountain will be open, and pirates of the caribbean will be updated.

EXACTLY!! At this time, silver linings are always nice. I'm sorry to hear about your perdicament... ((((hugs)))) have a better day!:D

disneyhound
12-04-2005, 12:07 PM
...So bless all of you who know why I am in tears. :crying:

Have you played with google earth yet? It is totally cool, try it for yourself.

You can save Disneyland as one of your locations for the program. When you load google earth, you are looking as if you are in outer space, then you zoom down until you are looking at DL! Too cool, like a mini visit, well not really, but you can get a DL fix anytime you need one! :)

splashmtngurl
12-04-2005, 12:14 PM
i am so sorry to hear this. we are going for the first time during the holidays, we have always gone in spring. My sincerest apologies go out to you and your family, stay strong, disneyland isnt going anywhere any time soon. we'll think about you when your there!! have a better day!!

BE HAPPY :) dont worry!!!:D

JookyG
12-04-2005, 02:22 PM
I know EXACTLY how you feel! Three years ago the same thing happened to my partner and me--the owner of the condo we were renting decided to sell it quick right before Christmas, which is the time of year we traditionally go to Disneyland. So we had to cancel our trip and move instead, spending our holiday with an apartment in disarray. Very heartbreaking, especially for Mouseketeers like us. But the silver lining to that cloud was that the next year we talked 2 other frends into joining us, one of whom was a holiday humbug who had never been to any Disney park before. Needless to say, a trip to Disneyland in December de-humbugged her.

MrsG
12-04-2005, 02:27 PM
I would be SO disappointed too! :( But, like DisneysBiggestFan says, think of the good times next year, and, this may be good or bad, but the whole 50th hoopla will finally be over with and hopefully crowds will be more normal. I know I'm looking forward to that!

TowerofTerror
12-04-2005, 02:31 PM
sorry about your dilemma well best of luck on your move.

tinksmom
12-04-2005, 02:40 PM
I feel so bad for you! We've planned a holiday trip for the past three years, and something has always come up to make it so we can't go! I know just how you feel!

Maybe this can be a silver lining, though: you can put the $$$ you would of spent toward a down payment of a house of your own, so you don't have to deal with irrational landlords ever again!!!

ChicagoCarlessMike
12-04-2005, 02:58 PM
I know it won't be the same without your siblings and other family there, but is there any way at all that you and your immediate family can go on a later weekend, after the move? If you can, I'd throw caution to the wind and do it. Even a downsized DLR trip, especially at the holidays, can go a long way.

If you can't, I second what others have said. At least you'll have money to spend in the park for a longer visit early next year, when the crowds will be smaller.

And remember karma works. The grinches who own that house won't get off scott free. What goes around comes around. I wish for you what will be coming around is a very Merry Christmas (or insert your preference here)! :)

GrumpyUTboi
12-04-2005, 04:26 PM
well there is a thing called karma and with those scrooges what comes around goes around! When they plan a trip that is special to them they will have to cancel it, then you will have the last laugh!

crazi4dlr
12-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Thank you to all of you for your kindness and words of encouragement. Disney fans really are the nicest people. I wish all of you the best of the holiday season with joy and love.

Laura

mi_mous
12-05-2005, 09:37 PM
I know how you feel!! It sucks too!!
It is my daughters birthday today, and I wanted to take her to meet the princesses on her birthday.
I had everything set, even the alarm to go off super early to get out the door and at the park at opening.
I somehow hurt my back last night, and I could not get out of bed this morning, and spent most of the day lying on the couch in pain.
I told my daughter we would take her to see the princesses later on in the week, if I felt better, and she said, OK, then gave me a huge hug. (But, she is only 2 so I don't know if she understood that she was supposed to go today.)
I feel bad, cause I feel like I ruined her birthday.
But, there are other times, and that is the part that probably kept me from tears of dissappointment today.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-05-2005, 09:54 PM
I am SO sorry! I'd be sitting on my floor bawling my eyes out. :( It would also break my heart, so, you totally have my sympathy. Can you re-schedule sometime soon???

PirateSmile
12-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Aw no :( I'm sorry! I know I'd be so upset too if that happened. Well, maybe since you had to go through this this year, something extra special will await you if you get to go next year!

anniedg
12-06-2005, 12:41 PM
How crummy, I've never seen DL at Christmastime either and I know the tears would be flowing at my house. Good luck with the move, and I hope the new place is great even if the new landlord leaves something to be desired.