PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Procession Tonight (12/3/05)

chrisaustx
12-03-2005, 10:48 PM
I just returned back from the candlelight procession tonight, it was an amazing night. The music was wonderful, Dick Van Dyke was wonderful, this will be a night I remember at Disneyland for the rest of my life. I know uncle Walt was smiling down on Disneyland tonight. Dick Van Dyke said that he did host the candlelight procession back in 1965, which would have been the last one Walt would have attended, Mr. Van Dyke commented on tonight's festivities were the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, and I would have to agree. It was an amazing night tonight at Disneyland.

KarenW2
12-03-2005, 11:09 PM
We really wanted to be there tonite, but we had other plans instead, to go meet and listen to C.S. Lewis' stepson, Douglas Gresham, in Carlsbad!!

He is an amazing speaker and we were able to view clips from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe that aren't in the previews shown in the movie theatres, as well as hear about his life with his stepfather, making the movie and other things. He spoke for a while, then it was opened to questions from the audience, which he answered. We bought his new book, Jack's Life, a biography of C.S. Lewis, and he signed it for us.

This movie is going to be totally awesome, in more ways that one!! We plan to go on opening day and several times afterwards. Sorry we had to miss the CP, but this was where we needed to be tonite.

Tinker Bell
12-03-2005, 11:37 PM
I just back and was tring to download by film and its gone.AAAAAAAAHHHH My DH is working on it right now to see what happen. Someone told me it was going to be 45 min and it was not. It was About an hr long. and I missed a little of Dick Van Dyke speach at the end.:(

LLcooley
12-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Well, I finally got to see it for the first time! I never heard about it till someone started talking about it on the boards earlier in the year. I'm so glad I found out about it..Thank you MousePlanet! It was awesome, but I got there late, so I didn't get a great spot to video tape it. :( Atleast I got to enjoy it but I'll have to head back there later tonight to get some video of it!

P.S. Dang winds cancelled the fireworks show again!

LLcooley
12-04-2005, 12:56 AM
I just returned back from the candlelight procession tonight, it was an amazing night. The music was wonderful, Dick Van Dyke was wonderful, this will be a night I remember at Disneyland for the rest of my life. I know uncle Walt was smiling down on Disneyland tonight. Dick Van Dyke said that he did host the candlelight procession back in 1965, which would have been the last one Walt would have attended, Mr. Van Dyke commented on tonight's festivities were the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, and I would have to agree. It was an amazing night tonight at Disneyland.

Did you go to the 8:00pm showing? Mr. Van Dyke was great and made it even more special. Everyone had a great laugh when he said he hopes to do it again another 40 years later! :)

chrisaustx
12-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Yes I was there at 7pm, waitied one hour and saw the whole show.

sunfun94
12-04-2005, 10:00 AM
We were there yesterday for the 530 show and I agree it was soooo awesome! It was the first time that anyone in our group had seen it (thanks MP for the tips!) and we all thuroughly enjoyed it! Though next year we had come to the conclusion that we are going w/o the kids! lol..
Dick Van Dyke was amazing and the whole situation was beautiful! We showed at 400 and got a great spot! :D

Tinkermommy
12-04-2005, 07:09 PM
My little girl and I were able to see the 5:30 show from a GREAT spot, and only had to wait about 45 minutes for it. Many, many thanks to everyone who posted about it, because the CP wasn't even listed on the schedule. (Although it would have been hard to miss...LOL). The information we got from MousePlanet posts saved the day. Thank you!

It was so beautiful that I dialed my husband on my cell phone (we live 2 hours away and he wasn't with us) so he could hear the last song. (No worries, I didn't talk -- just held up the phone so he could hear.)

What a great evening -- everybody was nice, nobody crowded or complained. It was SO worth waiting for. We LOVED it!

CTedone
12-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Wow! I had no Idea this event had ever or would ever happen. I t was a surprise to me, and probably the most magical thing I have ever experienced at disneyland (from a s. cali native no less). Absolutely beautiful. In these recent days of 'holiday trees' and happy holidays in place of merry christmas, was so lovely to see a basic christmas mass in disneyland. Many did not understand it, but most were blown away. It was stunning. It was beautiful. A cast member told me, upon re-entry to check out the show, i had no idea existed. I found a corner, and ended up video-taping the whole thing. (sorry, i grew up on these songs, i sung them along). It was chritmas again. Christmas like we used to have at home. It wasn't about shopping and money and kwanza, hanukkah and the like (I love and respect all faiths, and respect their holidays) but this one has deep roots.. It was true christmas. Dick van dyke made it even better. Who doesn't love Dick Van Dyke????
At 29 now, I have probably been to the park about 150 times. Since as long as I remember being alive. This was the most memorable experience, of all those trips.
By the way, I am not a religious guy, I don't go to church, I don't preach, but I DO understand what christmas is about, and it was so lovely to see that let loose. Happy Holidays is a nice phrase, but can't carry the weight of 'Merry Christmas'. Thanks disney, for having the courage to save christmas!!!

-Chris

sunfun94
12-06-2005, 12:34 PM
In these recent days of 'holiday trees' and happy holidays in place of merry christmas, was so lovely to see a basic christmas mass in disneyland. Many did not understand it, but most were blown away. It was stunning. It was beautiful.
At 29 now, I have probably been to the park about 150 times. Since as long as I remember being alive. This was the most memorable experience, of all those trips.
By the way, I am not a religious guy, I don't go to church, I don't preach, but I DO understand what christmas is about, and it was so lovely to see that let loose. Happy Holidays is a nice phrase, but can't carry the weight of 'Merry Christmas'. Thanks disney, for having the courage to save christmas!!!

-Chris

My Mom was mentioning the same thing about people saying Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas..Since then I have caught myself doing the same. So I have switched it up and have been saying Merry Christmas thats what we honor. But, I understand that there are those who do not recognize Christmas as a holiday so if you were to come up to me and say Happy Chanukkah or Happy Kwanzaa I wouldnt be offended! It would be the same as if I had said Merry Christmas to you!
On a side note, were the same age Chris! lol... :)

WITron
12-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Did anyone notice Dick Van Dyke's narration error during the first show on Sunday night? He repeated the same passage twice. I believe it was the part about the wise men. He narated that section and I was expecting to hear We Three Kings and they sang another song. Then he repeated the passage and then it was We Three Kings. Everyone around me was kind of looking at each other and asking "Didn't he just read that?"

dsnyredhead
12-13-2005, 04:04 AM
I went to the second show so I didn't catch it but it wouldn't be the first time that a narrator read the same page twice. A few years ago a narrator did the same thing, I believe it was Olympia Dukakis that night.

carolyn
12-13-2005, 05:55 AM
Did anyone notice Dick Van Dyke's narration error during the first show on Sunday night? He repeated the same passage twice. I believe it was the part about the wise men. He narated that section and I was expecting to hear We Three Kings and they sang another song. Then he repeated the passage and then it was We Three Kings. Everyone around me was kind of looking at each other and asking "Didn't he just read that?"

Yes, I noticed. Then at the next reading he made a big gesture of licking his thumb and turning the page. I thought it was a very cute way to acknowledge his error without distracting from the show.