PDA

View Full Version : Question about joining rooms at DLR hotels

Koala Gurl
12-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Hi all!

I was told by one CM that they could not guarantee joining rooms, and another CM called the hotel to say there wasn't any joining rooms available, but we could get rooms next door to each other. When I asked another CM, she said they never should have told us we could get rooms together, as all room assignments are made the day of check-in.

Well, what do you do if travelling with children or something if you need adjoining rooms? Is it possible to arrange joining rooms ahead of time? How are these assigned?

We ended up with a one bedroom suite, but would have preferred two joining rooms.

Anyone know the "real" scoop???

disneyjunkie
12-03-2005, 10:04 PM
All I know was when we stayed for my daughters wedding in Sept , we were on the 8th floor and there was one door that we thought went into our room. But when we oppened it there were 2 different room numbers one face on and one to the right and we had to insert the card for entrance again to the individua room. We shared a small entry but the rooms were dey accessed individually and there were no connecting doors except for the main door. Now our friends last weeked stayed at the Paradise Pier and hac adjoining rooms with two doors leading to each room that you left unlocked on each side to adjoin.

wHiTe2k3eP
12-04-2005, 02:29 AM
All I know was when we stayed for my daughters wedding in Sept , we were on the 8th floor and there was one door that we thought went into our room. But when we oppened it there were 2 different room numbers one face on and one to the right and we had to insert the card for entrance again to the individua room. We shared a small entry but the rooms were dey accessed individually and there were no connecting doors except for the main door. Now our friends last weeked stayed at the Paradise Pier and hac adjoining rooms with two doors leading to each room that you left unlocked on each side to adjoin.
i got the same when we had 2 rooms earlier this summer... if you get a set-up like this, just find something to stop the door (maybe pack some door stops... i totally messed up the phone books).

sierranevada
12-04-2005, 06:53 AM
i got the same when we had 2 rooms earlier this summer... if you get a set-up like this, just find something to stop the door (maybe pack some door stops... i totally messed up the phone books).

Ditto - that is what we got also in November. We also had kids and wanted the kids in one room with the moms in another. The housekeeper gave us two doorstops and we just kept they two inside doors open. This is quite safe because you need one of the room keys to open the main door.

kohl
12-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Everytime we go with my parents we ask for the adjoining rooms. They always tell us it is not guaranteed. Just a request. We have been lucky to get them, but we usually go off season so it isn't too booked.

Minnie66
12-06-2005, 03:43 PM
We ended up with a one bedroom suite, but would have preferred two joining rooms.

Anyone know the "real" scoop???

We have been told the same also. How about a two room suite next time....that would actually be two rooms with one in the middle. Still two bathrooms. When we travel with my parents and in-laws we always do the two or three room suite for that very reason and when I have figured the costs on the rates we were getting it wasn't anymore money, especially since we only had to pay the resort fee on one room instead of all three. I have had occassion that my two rooms were on different floors so that's why we opt for the suites now.

Koala Gurl
12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
We have been told the same also. How about a two room suite next time....that would actually be two rooms with one in the middle. Still two bathrooms. When we travel with my parents and in-laws we always do the two or three room suite for that very reason and when I have figured the costs on the rates we were getting it wasn't anymore money, especially since we only had to pay the resort fee on one room instead of all three. I have had occassion that my two rooms were on different floors so that's why we opt for the suites now.

There was only three of us; me, DH and our 8 month old. The baby never would have fallen asleep if we were in the room, so I just couldn't imagine DH and I hiding outside or in the bathroom until DD fell asleep at 7pm; and sitting there quiet for the rest of the evening. The one-bed suite worked out great, but it would have been MUCH cheaper to get 2 adjoining rooms (probaby WHY they won't guarantee one!) ;)

Minnie66
12-07-2005, 07:16 PM
, but it would have been MUCH cheaper to get 2 adjoining rooms (probaby WHY they won't guarantee one!) ;)

I'm sure it depends on when you go, what rate you get, and what type of room is the most requested for that time. We were fortune to be able to use the senior rate as it did make a big difference. Enjoy those babies......they grow up to fast!

Enter The Mouse
12-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Last year us and some friends of our had conjoining rooms and my dad and their dad didn't know it. So when they came back to our room we pretended like the door was unlock and we stole their money. My dad was horrified. It was so funny. I know it's kind random but... We requested the rooms and they gave it to us.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
12-09-2005, 06:08 PM
We had adjoining rooms at the DLH last spring, my son (18 months at the time) thought it was funny to play with the doors. My husband and I had just gotten downstairs are were on our way out the door to DTD For dinner, when his mom called his cellphone and my mom called mine to frantically tell us the baby had locked himself in the other room with the key and wouldn't open the door. He just sat on the other side laughing and knocking on the door. They had called security who made it up to the room before we did and the door was unlocked. By the time we got to the room all was well and a doorstopper was in place.

PeoplemoverMisser
12-09-2005, 10:46 PM
We had adjoining rooms at the DLH last spring, my son (18 months at the time) thought it was funny to play with the doors.

Not at DL, but when my son was not quite 13-months old, we stayed borrowed my uncle's cabin and brought a million toys for him to play with. Instead he just played with a cabinet door in the kitchen. Open. Closed. Open. Closed. For 4 days.:D

When we get to DL, I expect him to just keep jumping on the manhole cover in Toontown (I know I know: "Tree, meet your acorn") He tends to keep focused on whatever his current activity is.

Hoping for April:cool:

10-97
12-10-2005, 11:29 AM
We need two rooms when we visit (we like to have a "girls' room" and a "boys' room"), and we've tried both adjoining rooms and a suite.

Adjoining rooms aren't guaranteed, but we try to check in early, and we've always had good luck when requesting connecting rooms, even in the summer, even when requesting a specific view. I've found the hotel front-desk people to be some of the most helpful castmembers at the resort.

Suites are also nice, because you can relax after making the reservation, knowing you don't have to worry about the rooms being connected. But reserving a suite does limit the chance that you will get the view you want, since there are far fewer suites to assign when you check in. We've reserved suites for three of our summer visits during the past five years, and checked in by 8 am each time. Once at the GCH we got the exactly the view we wanted. Twice at the DL, we were unhappy with our original suite assignment, but were able to change rooms within 24-hrs.

sierranevada
12-10-2005, 11:36 AM
For the reasons that 10-97 stated, that is why we did not do a two bedrm suite at the DLH in Nov. We had concierge, and they could not guarantee that the suite would be in the Sierra Tower, which is where the concierge room is. 10-97 is correct that you have a better chance of getting the view that you want with connecting rooms than a suite.

azlaura
12-10-2005, 11:59 AM
We ( 10 of us) were there this past Nov. We had 4 rooms and did not request joining rooms but we had our reservations all linked together. Well when we got to the rooms we had connecting doors between each set. The hotel was sold out and it was 11pm on a Friday night! I think in most cases if you request joining rooms and book early enogh they will have them. Especially if the children are to be in one room and the parents in another.