PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Parking Garage!

Pages : [1] 2

MonorailMan
03-21-2002, 12:29 PM
On Tue. We Were Parked On The "Mickey" Floor, and man Is it getting dirty, looks like years of spilled coke, or who knows what. I say they need to clean it. :)

Are all the other floors like this?

Not Afraid
03-21-2002, 12:51 PM
They'd probably have to power wash each floor every night to keep it clean. I've seen the most disgusting things dumped on the floor of the garage by visiting slobs - piles of dirty diapers, entire contents of an ashtray, half-eaten food, spilled stickey things. Its really disgusting!

One thing I can suggest to Disney is that they put more trash recepticles throughout the garage with BIG SIGNS that say TRASH The only current recepticles that I can find reside near the escalators and elevators.

innerSpaceman
03-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
One thing I can suggest to Disney is that they put more trash recepticles throughout the garage with BIG SIGNS that say TRASH The only current recepticles that I can find reside near the escalators and elevators.
And since that can be an aircraft-carrier-length distance from your car, they can continue to expect all sorts of gross trash until they wise up and give folks a proper place to put it.

Darkbeer
03-21-2002, 05:11 PM
You know, they have a lot of "parking spots" that can only allow one car instead of two due to the support posts, gee what a smart place to place these trash cans....

MouseWife
03-21-2002, 06:08 PM
It's the parents faults!!! I know because I am one!!!

As parents with kids who always have trash, ALWAYS, we have two trash cans in our van. One in the front and one in the back. Also, we carry plastic grocery bags for extra stuff or to reline the trash cans when they are full. We then dispose of them in the proper receptical.

We have always taught our kids to respect the places where they are. Where ever it is. They have pockets, they can carry their trash until they find a can.

I tell them {I know I didn't make this up, I read it somewhere} that there should not be evidence that we were there. {Oh, that sounds criminal, I know!}. Leave each place as we found it.

So, even though Disney is wrong not to provide enough trash cans, parents are wrong not to teach their kids manners. This accounts for older people doing this same thing. And teens. All goes back to the parents.

I even say, if a kid sees his parent being a slob they should want to do better!

Nigel2
03-21-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
I tell them {I know I didn't make this up, I read it somewhere} that there should not be evidence that we were there. {Oh, that sounds criminal, I know!}. Leave each place as we found it.

Oh you mean the old "Take only photographs, leave only footprints" saying... I sort of know a mob one my mom taught me.:D

Well I will have to say that odds are the stains are much more visable since the floors are concrete instead of the asphault in the old parking lots, also I have seen the old lots dirty as well with trash and so forth. I wonder if they send the street sweepers through it as often as they use to?

MouseWife
03-22-2002, 07:44 AM
LOL

That is what I thought it would sound like!! {the mob reference}

That is true. Things will show up more on the concrete.

I was reading on the AP page that with the parking pass you can only park in the parking structure. Is this true? I kind of like to take 'liberties' and park where ever I want to. What would happen?

Also, does anyone know what happens {besides people calling you names} if you take up two parking spaces? With a big van it is tight.

And, the suggestion of putting trash cans in the space between columns, that is great.

Techie7
03-22-2002, 08:13 AM
Speaking of Parking Structures (I agree about the mess it has become). On Monday when I parked I noticed they had added reflector "bumps" throughout parks of the parking structure. I am assuming they are on all of the levels. Just wanted to make sure that I had not just missed them before. They are loud and annoying when driving through the structure. Grrr. I assume they are there to slow people down. People were still going 30-40 mph down the straigtaway to leave. Guess it doesn't work as well as they hoped. Just a thought. :D

coronamouseman
03-22-2002, 08:39 AM
Ever stop and take a look at the carnage left after a hockey or basketball game at Staples or the Pond? Ever take a look at the parking lots of those same events after a game?

Let's face it - no matter what one does there will be trash left about whenever there are large numbers of humans in the vicinity ............

It's the resposnsibility of the operators of these events to (1) expect these kinds of messes and (2) clean them up promptly lest they become a health hazard.

Yes, it is regrettable that so many persons can disregard others (and it really is an issue of courtesy more than anything else) by just pitching their trash wherever they want to, but it is a fact of life for those people offering events or operating parks that such behavior is common and will continue so those operators must deal with it ...........

MouseWife
03-22-2002, 09:46 AM
That is very true. I think that a cleaning cart should have to go around and check the parking garage frequently and have the capacity to empty the cans {maybe a dumpster somewhere discreetly placec?}.

This could also add to the security of the garage.

MonorailMan
03-22-2002, 09:49 AM

I was reading on the AP page that with the parking pass you can only park in the parking structure. Is this true? I kind of like to take 'liberties' and park where ever I want to. What would happen?

You get to window, you show pass, they point at the big garage, or you pay $7.00. :D

MouseWife
03-22-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

You get to window, you show pass, they point at the big garage, or you pay $7.00. :D

If I pay the $7., where can I park?

I haven't actually driven to the park in years.

justagrrl
03-22-2002, 12:27 PM
You park in the garage - exactly where they tell you to. Getting a good spot is a matter of luck - and getting there early in the day makes no difference at all.

I pity you if you end up in 1J and we've come very close to that.

It's painful to have to park that far away and then, as you are walking to the escalator, see a "good" spot - or a bunch of good spots. sigh.

Of course, if you're only going for a few hours, you could park in downtown disney and then walk through or take the monorail. ;) This is my favorite trick if I go in the evening with the kids. We can park really close, ride a bunch of stuff since there aren't big crowds midweek in the evening (right now) and then make a quick exit. neato.

MouseWife
03-22-2002, 12:52 PM
I like that few hour option. ;)

We do that at Knott's sometimes, too. But you really have to watch the clock or you will be stuck with a big bill.

Used to be able to do it at Universal and park right next to City Walk. {Well, paying the fee but parking sooo close.}

Nigel2
03-22-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Techie7
Speaking of Parking Structures (I agree about the mess it has become). On Monday when I parked I noticed they had added reflector "bumps" throughout parks of the parking structure. I am assuming they are on all of the levels. Just wanted to make sure that I had not just missed them before. They are loud and annoying when driving through the structure. Grrr. I assume they are there to slow people down. People were still going 30-40 mph down the straigtaway to leave. Guess it doesn't work as well as they hoped. Just a thought. :D

Yeah all the levels seem to have them, ok for front tires but it bites for the people in the back seat (I assume since there was nobody in back this time).

Also with the sweepers. I bet they go through every morning or late night (they did in simba) before the cars come in since there aren't piles of trash when you arrive (usually).

Oh and if you try to park in Timon (I use to do this all the time) they just send you straight through the path to simba and make you turn right and go to the Mickey and friends structure.:rolleyes: It's good to be towards the front, but in summer on Minnie every spot bites due to the heat, (poor people in 1 G)

Oh and when I had to leave early they were still filling my level and the dumb way they re-did the paths makes it much harder to get out since you have to go through the line of cars again to get out.:mad:

Uncle Dick
03-23-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
On Tue. We Were Parked On The "Mickey" Floor, and man Is it getting dirty, looks like years of spilled coke, or who knows what. I say they need to clean it. :)

Are all the other floors like this?
From what I understand, the structure is hosed down every night by custodial.

Also, does anyone know what happens {besides people calling you names} if you take up two parking spaces? With a big van it is tight.
If it's a busy day, we'll yell at the people until they move. If not, we'll just shrug and move on to the next space. (BTW, we'll = myself and other parking structure attendants)

Originally posted by Techie7
Speaking of Parking Structures (I agree about the mess it has become). On Monday when I parked I noticed they had added reflector "bumps" throughout parks of the parking structure. I am assuming they are on all of the levels. Just wanted to make sure that I had not just missed them before. They are loud and annoying when driving through the structure. Grrr. I assume they are there to slow people down. People were still going 30-40 mph down the straigtaway to leave. Guess it doesn't work as well as they hoped. Just a thought.
I had always thought they were designed to reduce the noise from and/or wear and tear on the metal plates that cover the rubber thingys that make the structure earthquake proof. They don't do much to slow anyone down....

Polar33
03-23-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
I pity you if you end up in 1J and we've come very close to that.

Been there. Well, three spots away atleast. I got out of my car looked in the direction of the escalators and said "no way". I got back in the car, exited the structure, u-turned at ball and re-entered the structure. I ended up getting a much better spot and the 15 minutes it took me to do that probabaly saved 20 minutes of walking to the escalators and back from that corner.

driftwood714
03-25-2002, 01:54 PM
20 minutes of walking? It's not THAT far away. You spend more time walking from the Main Gate to the Castle.

Nigel2
03-25-2002, 09:20 PM
It just feels a lot worse if you are on the roof or just because there is no entertainment value (nor has there ever been) in the parking lots.

Polar33
03-26-2002, 01:06 PM
I was counting the trip back to that corner as well. Ok...still...maybe not 20 minutes but it sure feals that way when there is nothing more to do then count the empty parking spaces that they didn't park me in on my way to the tram. Either way it saved me the trip!

jslivinski
04-12-2002, 12:57 PM
I was reading on the AP page that with the parking pass you can only park in the parking structure. Is this true? I kind of like to take 'liberties' and park where ever I want to. What would happen?My experience, the one time I went in the morning they've let me in at Timon and had me drive over to Mickey & Friends. In the evening, either the booth is already closed and no one cares or they let me get away with it. Normally hubby just goes to Mickey and Friends.

Note: It never hurts to try.

HBTiggerFan
04-12-2002, 01:49 PM
Parking in the structure....

We ended up way out almost in the worse spot. So later in the day we went back to the structure and hopped in the car. Our plan was to leave, go to the gas station and come back, and hope we got a better spot. So driving out we had to go alllllll the way around. And we came across the 2nd most awesome spot and I parked there. The gas station had to wait LOL.

Has anyone done that before? Or saw where the cars were headed and drove otu and back in before?? Or am I just nuts?

coronamouseman
04-12-2002, 04:00 PM
Was at DLR on Wednesday and parked in the structure - comments follow:

(1) Parking structure seemed very clean - sure, there were a few spills visible when leaving but what else is new? Everything seemed fine in the morning when we arrived .......

(2) Some kind of moving walkway, like they have at the Universal parking structures in Hollywood and Florida, would be greatly appreciated - we parked in the far Northwestern corner of the structure and it's a very long walk from that end to the escalators down to the tram

Not Afraid
04-12-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
Was at DLR on Wednesday and parked in the structure ...... we parked in the far Northwestern corner of the structure and it's a very long walk from that end to the escalators down to the tram

We always refer to that part of the garage as Daisy's Tailfeathers, Donald's Bunion, The Tip of Mickey's Tail, The Gum on the Bottom of Goofy's Shoe or other assorted character extremities.

And now you will too!:D

MouseWife
04-13-2002, 10:48 PM
Back before DCA was being built and you could park right up near the front, we would get the usual bad spot in the morning. Go out and get lunch, go back to the hotel.

Coming back in, some of those excellent spaces {by the handicapped spots where the busses now drop you off} were empty.

They were blocked off but we had a little tiny car. ;)

Hey, they would direct us way to the back. Forget that.

Oh, and sorry to any CM's who we might have gotten angry. :o

And you mean to tell me they don't have those moving walkways? Oh, that stinks. I had a look over to there last weekend. They have something that looked like the cover to USH walkway but I think it was just a light cover?