PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Disneyland 50th Luggage

Opus1guy
12-03-2005, 03:21 AM
I've mentioned in other threads about Ontario (California) Airport being all decked out by the Disneyland Resort with all sorts of "Welcome" banners and such for the 50th celebration, and how they play attraction soundtracks every so often on the airport's public address system. Well just now this morning (I have a God awful 5:00am flight) I arrived ONT and while waiting for TSA screening to open I strolled down to baggage claim and noticed each carousel is decorated with vintage luggage from the resort:

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uploads/dlsuitcase.jpg

Wouldn't be a bad piece of luggage to have in your "collection." Too bad they are just for display.

:)

Marox3
12-03-2005, 05:07 AM
That is a cool piece of luggage. Do you know if Orange County airport is doing the same thing. We are flying in next week, and my son would get such a kick out of it.

Is the luggage bolted to the carousel? (obvious, but curious)

annieb727
12-03-2005, 06:08 AM
that's SO cool! we are flying into ONT on Thursday!! (YAY!! only five days away!!!) I had not read your other post about all that -- that's really cool!!

christina
12-03-2005, 07:43 AM
They do have them at the Orange county airport. Very cute!!!

Opus1guy
12-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Just noticed in the picture above that the "i" in "Disneyland" is not dotted. My other pictures show the others as dotted properly. In my haste to get the post out before boarding my flight, I didn't notice I was posting a picture of a blem. That makes that particular suitcase a true collector's item! ;)

lisap
12-03-2005, 12:15 PM
So it just goes round and round the carousel with the ad on it? How funny! Smart marketing, that.

Opus1guy
12-03-2005, 02:46 PM
So it just goes round and round the carousel with the ad on it? How funny! Smart marketing, that.

That would have been funny, but that's not what they did. They just sit static in the center section of all the luggage carousels.