PDA

View Full Version : So who's buying the Matterhorn?

disneyfn
12-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I see on disney's ebay site they are now selling chunks of the matterhorn in a box for $27. Anyone buying one? What's next? Bottles of rivers of america water or paint chips off space mountain? I'll pass on this.

lauramaynot
12-02-2005, 08:38 AM
I don't know...I have pieces of the big cement B that was on the hill by my highschool when it was replaced, granite from a special building that was being built in a town I lived in, volcanic rock from our yard in hawaii and sea shells from lots of beaches. I know that the matterhorn isn't a "real" mountain but if you love it...:D

Mrs. Newseditor44
12-02-2005, 09:21 AM
What's next? Bottles of rivers of america water ...

OMG...don't give them any more ideas !!!! :eek:

Saddlesore Swanson
12-02-2005, 10:01 AM
fyi, it's gonna end up going for a lot more than $27. It's up to $30 today, and still has six more days. disney had a few of them on ebay earlier this year, and i believe they all ended up at more than $100 --- and there were several of them, like 5 or something.

my thoughts are somewhere in between "that's silly" and "that's kinda cool"

Disneynerd
12-02-2005, 11:22 AM
You gotta love free enterprise! I think it's a cute idea. Plus, I'd rather Disney make their money off silly things like this than raising the cost of a parkhopper!:eek: :)
If I'm ever rich and famous, I'd love to own a Doombuggie.

Pirate Princess
12-02-2005, 10:24 PM
If I'm ever rich and famous, I'd love to own a Doombuggie.
Not if I outbid you! :p

Vegitabeta
12-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Why are they seling Matterhorn bits?!

christina
12-03-2005, 07:51 AM
They are selling them at Disneyland too. I saw it while waiting in line to buy an annual pass in one of those little windows.

TowerofTerror
12-03-2005, 10:04 AM
not me don't need a piece of the Matterhorn because i have some already .

ToursbabeC3po
12-03-2005, 10:24 AM
What makes me mad is that Disney can sell stupid stuff like this but if a cast member gets caught selling a pin that they bought with there own money on e-bay they can get fired hmmmm?

geoffa
12-03-2005, 04:46 PM
I see on disney's ebay site they are now selling chunks of the matterhorn in a box for $27. Anyone buying one? What's next? Bottles of rivers of america water or paint chips off space mountain? I'll pass on this.

I have a piece of the Grand Canyon, a piece of the pyramids and also a chip from Tutanhankhamen's tomb. Didn't pay for any of them but they're worth a fortune to me. But my most precious bit of stone is my tile at WDW. Suppose it depends how much you love it. Some people paid $150 for a one inch square of the carpet from the bridge of the original Star Trek .:)

Disney Vault
12-03-2005, 05:34 PM
What makes me mad is that Disney can sell stupid stuff like this but if a cast member gets caught selling a pin that they bought with there own money on e-bay they can get fired hmmmm?
That seems strange.