PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the Disneyland Hotel and new question...

potterphreak
12-02-2005, 08:03 AM
We took our annual trek to DL 11/27-11/30 and stayed at the DL Hotel for the first tim ever and LOOOOOOOVED it. Now, I am heading back Sunday, 12/4 for a 1 day visit with my sister-in-law and our two 2 year olds. I decided to surprise my SIL and book us at the DLH (1.cos she has always wanted to stay there and 2. i am selfish and don't want to stay anywhere else, LOL!!) so I booked online at $148.36 which I thought was GREAT, especially since when I called, I got an AP rate of $311 (ouuuuch!!). I called today to see about putting a note in the system about wanting Sierra tower like we just had and AACK!! We are staying in a standard view room and they don't know how much to upgrade until I get there. I can do without the view (tho Sierra tower was TERRIBLY convenient!!!) but I don't want a ka-ka room. So, here is my question:
Will my room be as nice and updated as my Sierra room was? Thanks in advance!

potzbie
12-02-2005, 08:49 AM
We are staying in a standard view room and they don't know how much to upgrade until I get there.
I can do without the view (tho Sierra tower was TERRIBLY convenient!!!) but I don't want a ka-ka room.
So, here is my question:
Will my room be as nice and updated as my Sierra room was?

Let me get this straight.

You are staying on-property, in one of the three official Disneyland hotels, and you are worried about WHAT YOU SEE OUT YOUR WINDOW?!?!

You think that rooms that are "standard" will be ca-ca/poo-poo?!?!

You think SIERRA TOWER rooms are "nice and updated" but that all other towers of the original and flag-ship DISNEYLAND HOTEL will be "not nice and not updated"?

Uhhhhhh - ya. --- Sure.

The Disneyland management has issued orders:
"Keep Sierra Tower spotless and clean, but insert doo-doo droppings and cockroaches randomly in the rest of the towers."

And management hires professionals to clean SIERRA rooms and hires skid row bums to clean the rest of the towers.

Yeah ... that's the ticket ... Sure ...
It's a plot. Its all a communist plot. Make half the rooms spotless, and half the rooms unlivable. Yeah. Sure.

tod
12-02-2005, 09:03 AM
[H]ere is my question:
Will my room be as nice and updated as my Sierra room was?

The Sierra Tower is the oldest of the three buildings that now make up the Disneyland Hotel. I would say yes.

--t

stan4d_steph
12-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Let me get this straight.

You are staying on-property, in one of the three official Disneyland hotels, and you are worried about WHAT YOU SEE OUT YOUR WINDOW?Actually she said she can do without the view. And even if she didn't say that, if the view does matter to her, there's no need to berate her for holding that opinion.

babytmakes5
12-02-2005, 10:39 AM
and it was clean and tidy and in my opinion it seemed as updated as it could be. Our room was spotless, and each day the housekeeping staff would even make up our toddler's pack-n-play--complete with turn down and Goofy doll waiting on the pillow! There was never a wait for the elevator and we didn't hear a peep from neighboring guests. Supposedly the Bonita Tower is not the best tower, but we were happy there. It didn't start out that way, however. We paid for an upgraded view (ie, the park or pool), but got a lovely view of the parking lot. When we complained (the only reason I would complain is because we paid a premium rate for the nice view and didn't get it), we were moved to a room with a view of the water/light show that plays each night. At first we were unimpressed, but it turned out to be one of the highlights of each of our evenings. The kids couldn't wait to sit on the balcony and watch the lights and listen to the music. Very relaxing and was one of the many details that made our stay so nice. We are currently planning another trip and I certainly wouldn't mind being in the Bonita Tower again.

Trina

Disneynerd
12-02-2005, 11:13 AM
We stayed in the Sierra tower and were told we had a DTD view. But we mostly saw a parking lot and if you turned your head around enough you could see the top of the ESPN cafe. The room was nice, but there was no balcony. Babytmakes5, you had a balcony?
BUT, we were given a sweet deal. We originally intended to stay at the GCH but they overbooked themselves and asked if we'd switch to DLH for half the price. So, we didn't complain.
If I were you, I'd just wish upon a star they can upgrade you when you arrive to that dancing waters room!:)
Have a great time! What a nice surprise!

potterphreak
12-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Sheesh potzbie, feel free to never reply to one of my questions or topics, 'kay pumpkin? :D

The only reason I even asked this question was because of all the not great reviews I have read on here and TripAdvisor. Every year, us kids draw names for Christmas. Every year I get my SIL (LOL ok, the past 3 years!) and every time I think, oooh this year's gift will be awesome! and she just never seems to like it as much as I thought. She has always wanted to stay at the DLH and I thought, hey can't beat the price! So I would hate to give her the gift of staying at th DLH in a ka-ka-poopy room is all. But thanks to everyone else for your input, super helpful!!! The room with the view of the water show sounds AWESOME!!!

Wesley815
12-02-2005, 02:35 PM
but I don't want a ka-ka room
...staying at th DLH in a ka-ka-poopy room is all.How old are you?

Ugh... :rolleyes:

sandiegorob
12-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Sheesh potzbie, feel free to never reply to one of my questions or topics, 'kay pumpkin? :D

My original interpretation was that the reply was dripping with sarcasm but according to my wife I'm never right (even though I am) so I may be wrong here. I'm more jealous about the rate you received. I'd let a commie skid row bum clean my room for that rate - they do have wall safes at DLH.
BTW - love the cacapoopy language. I usually say %$@$#^%$ but the kids in the backseat don't appreciate those outbursts.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
12-02-2005, 03:15 PM
that is a fabulous rate!!

I actually changed the dates of the annual family trip this year because we couldn't get a decent rate and everywhere I tried the DLH was sold out.

kohl
12-03-2005, 06:42 AM
We just got back from our trip yesterday and we arrived the same day as you on November 27th! We also stayed in the Sierra Tower in the DLH. I wonder if we ever saw each other? There was a group of 11 of us.

potterphreak
12-03-2005, 07:54 AM
Whooo 11 of you!! Wow!! You are braver than me!! We went a few years ago with 15 of us and I doubt I will ever do that again. LOL I don't know if we ever saw each other, how funny would that have been!!!! I was the one that kept saying in a really angry voice, "No Zoey, get over here, stop that, watch where you are going". LOL

I love the harsh judgement peeps, keep it coming. You're really showing your true colors, :D I say kaka poopy because DH and I curse a LOT and not only is it inappropriate HERE but it is inappropriate in my day to day life with my children and my job. Every little bit that I can do to change MY negative behavior, the better, right?

Crazy4DL
12-03-2005, 08:05 AM
. Every little bit that I can do to change MY negative behavior, the better, right?

I say more kakapoopoo to you! :D :p ;)

kisroo
12-03-2005, 10:19 AM
I say more kakapoopoo to you! :D :p ;)

**snork**

potterphreak~I love that you have had a great attitude (not a kakapoopoo one) in this thread! ;)

~kisroo:)

Jeremiah
12-03-2005, 10:24 AM
I would say go with the Bonita tower lower floors toward the rear of the tower. You would not be looking at the parking lot but you could be looking at the CM area back there. If you go for the upper floors you will be looking toward PP hotel and the parking lot.

The rates are all the stand room view that is why they are the least expensive. But if you are looking for good rates check on the website for the room only thing.

J

potterphreak
12-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks for understanding Crazy4DL and Kisyroo! LOL Gotta love the kakapoopy, too funny!!! Doesn't help that my all-time favorite word is booby (you know, like the blood drinking bird?!), I am such a 10 year old! LOL

Jeremiah, thanks for the advice. View wise, I could really care less. I really liked the Sierra because it seemed the closest to the pool and DTD (didn't hurt that the view was gorgeous but not important on this trip). My only concern with getting a different tower is when you read the reviews on here and TripAdvisor, a lot of them are terrible! They say the rooms are small, old, dingy (or is that dinjy?-whatevah!), blah blah blah. Sierra was SOOO nice, I am assuming these people all stayed in different towers. Bah, guess I will find out tomorrow (Sunday!) LOL

Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!

silence
12-03-2005, 12:57 PM
I'm here typing from my room in the Bonita tower. This is our first stay at DLH and we are very happy to be here.

The room is very nice and clean, we have a view from the 11th floor of the pool and we can see the Matterhorn very clearly.

kohl
12-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Whooo 11 of you!! Wow!! You are braver than me!! We went a few years ago with 15 of us and I doubt I will ever do that again. LOL I don't know if we ever saw each other, how funny would that have been!!!! I was the one that kept saying in a really angry voice, "No Zoey, get over here, stop that, watch where you are going". LOL

It is hard with a lot of people, but we had a GREAT time! It is my family of 4. Another family of 5 and my parents. This is the second time we all went together and can't wait to go with everyone again!:D

chelbell
12-03-2005, 03:23 PM
POTZBIE,
I have never given a negative response on this board, even if I thought it needed to be said, because I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, yourself included. But that just wasn't very nice :mad: I think it was a legitimate question and one deserving of an answer....NOT an anihalation!!

POTTERPHREAK,
I have stayed in both the Sierra Tower and the Marina Tower. I loved the Sierra Tower because it IS a little closer to the action, and the view of Downtown Disney was beautiful. But the Marina Tower was very nice also and I would stay there in a heartbeat. I have never stayed in the Bonita Tower, but my friend has and said it was wonderful. I don't think any of the rooms would be a dissapointment. And I think it's wonderful of you to surprise someone with a stay there. Have great time!! :)

potterphreak
12-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Chelbell,

Thank you thank you thank you!!! That was all I needed, to know that the towers are all equal in quality. Who are these people leaving negative feedbacks?? LOL

Thanks again!

chelbell
12-03-2005, 03:58 PM
My pleasure! We're going in a few weeks ourselves....it will be our first time to see the Christmas decorations and me and the kids are SO excited...hubby is also, but he could take it or leave it. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel, and will be staying in concierge, so most likely we will have the Sierra Tower, but if not, I'm sure wherever we land we will be thrilled. Hope your next stay there is great!!

Koala Gurl
12-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Not sure if you are still around, but I just got back from a stay in the Bonita tower (though we had a one bed. suite.) Cleanliness though was great. We had a view of the water show deal, and of the fireworks (though over one of the other towers.)

potterphreak
12-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks Koala!! Ooooh! A one bedroom suite, how many does that sleep? Thanks for the info!

disneyjunkie
12-03-2005, 09:58 PM
In the past few months since Sept until Nov 30th I have been and stayed in all 3 towers , the service was the same . The Sierra has the best view the others are a crap shoot. You either get the Pool view or the parking lot view , the Sierra offers the pool or the Parks , with the Marina you can also get Mickey and Friends parking structure and the fireworks all out the same window. I finally figured out , after reading The Disneyland Hotel : the early years , that I am not walking farther to the Monarail station , it hasn"t moved! I am just walking on the olympic sized swimming pool, the old restraunt row , and the cafe and Mazies pantry and the gift shops.On property is the best way to go no matter what I have also stayed at the GCH and Paradise Pier they are all convientent and wonderful.

Koala Gurl
12-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Thanks Koala!! Ooooh! A one bedroom suite, how many does that sleep? Thanks for the info!

I guess it depends...

We had a king bed, and there was a pullout sofa. Then we put the pack & play for DD in the bathroom in the living area (there was a small bathroom w/ toilet & sink in the family area, and another full bathroom off the bedroom).

We have an 8 month old that goes to bed at 7, and we just couldn't imagine hiding from her while she went to sleep and then having to be quiet the rest of the night. This was great, we put her to sleep then were able to enjoy room service, a bottle of wine and fireworks. :)

Hope you are having fun today!!