PDA

View Full Version : How many visits to Disneyland in 2005?

Pages : [1] 2

Gone2Disneyland
12-01-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm a local and have been a Disneyland annual passholder for several years now. In the past I usually averaged one or two visits a month. But with this year being its 50th birthday, I've visited Disneyland more times in 2005 than any other year I've been a passholder. All of the hype connected with the 50th just reeled me in.

I recently researched it, looking thru photo CDs, parking permits, park receipts and my pda, and have figured out I've visited Disneyland 34 times to date since January 1, which happened to be my first trip to Disneyland in 2005 when I accompanied my goddaughter's family. And I know I've still got a couple more trips to Disneyland before the year ends.

I was surprised by the number, but immediately remembered all the fun searching with friends for all 50 hidden 50s; experiencing Buzz Lightyear, the Tiki Room, and Space Mountain when they finally opened; waiting early Thursday morning on May 4; waiting VERY early Sunday morning on July 17 and making new friends in line at 3am and hanging out with them the entire day; seeing the original Mouseketeers performing in Plaza Gardens; seeing The Fab Four for the first time this year, and then again the following month; experiencing the fireworks on the Fourth of July; eating up every bit of event reports and tips from MousePlanet and MousePad; and so on. It was so much fun being a Disneyland geek all year ... literally.

So, as we reach year's end, anyone else out there have similar thoughts about their visits to Disneyland in 2005? And, does someone have even more '05 park visits than 34? I know there's got to be at least one among us! :)

SandraVB79
12-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Only one visit, but I consider that good, because I had to travel halfway around the world for that. And I plan to go back in 2006, so that's really a lot for me...
In the meanwhile, I am counting down for DLP

Oh, I wish I lived right around the corner from Disneyland... (can they add that in their Fireworks song? Right after the Little Mermaid please!)

Vegitabeta
12-02-2005, 01:16 AM
I have one visit count for this year. We're not made of money!

TowerofTerror
12-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Well me from January 1st until September I have over 50 visits. I like the best was on July 17th when I waited in line with a bunch of friends the whole night before this was so we can get the cool gold hat that said July 17, 2000 embroidered on it and also to go buy the the pin that that said July 17th , 2005 I was here

Chiidesu
12-02-2005, 01:40 AM
3 for me! :p I hope to get an annual pass for Xmas....

ssturgeo
12-02-2005, 05:14 AM
Only two...June 2-9 and November 12-20....live in Indiana...how I wish I could
drop in on a whim!!! Probably better I can't....would be there all the time!!

mckygirl99
12-02-2005, 05:34 AM
Well me from January 1st until September I have over 50 visits. I like the best was on July 17th when I waited in line with a bunch of friends the whole night before this was so we can get the cool gold hat that said July 17, 2000 embroidered on it and also to go buy the the pin that that said July 17th , 2005 I was here

I am exactly like you! Even the 7/17 trip too. It's almost too much to keep track of. Next year, my husband wants to keep all the parking stubs so he can see how many times I really go (HE HE)

BQ2
12-02-2005, 05:40 AM
Around 6 or 7 visits this year :)

hlbtimes2
12-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Just one. Coming from WA makes it a big hard to come very often.

I'm guessing DarkBeer and DaddyB both have way more then 50! They do photo updates so often.

cstephens
12-02-2005, 08:59 AM
I've only been to Disneyland once this year, but it's an extended 365-day trip.

Crazy4DL
12-02-2005, 09:09 AM
I've only been to Disneyland once this year, but it's an extended 365-day trip.

LOL!! ;)

Only once for me this year. I am another Washingtonian so once a year is about as good as it gets for me. :( ;)

Mommy2NicknMax
12-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Counting my trip next week, it'll be three times this year! :D

Tinker Bell
12-02-2005, 09:42 AM
I look over my calender and counted 47 times and I have 4 trips planed this month.

Maybe I do go to much.mmmmm nnnnaaahhh

SportyTink
12-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Well this may take a little math :confused: ....................

We got our Aps in the middle of September (September 15th to be exact) and have been about 8 times since then....well we are going twice this weekend, so errrrrrgg....figure 10 times just to have a round number. So that is 10 times in 2.5 months (almost to the day even, wow!)..... That would be a nice even average of 1 time per week........so had we had our APs for the entire year (or just over the course of 1 year in general) we would have been 52 times......now if you take into account that the average length of our stay is about 5 hours (figure that is roughly half a day...don't want to get into the average hours of operation between holdiays, weekdays, weekends, etc.).......figure that would be roughly 26 full days :eek: (YIKES A WHOLE MONTH!!!!............

Or we can just say that we have been 10 times since having APs and 4 times prior to the APs so that would be 14 times this year........

Sorry....I just couldn't resist having a little fun :D

Saddlesore Swanson
12-02-2005, 09:55 AM
I actually keep a Word doc "log" where I document each trip with a little bit of descriptive text. I've gone exactly 30 times this year, and with my $209 Deluxe AP that makes it about $6.97 for each visit. (And I also have 1 visit to Tokyo Disneyland and 1 visit to Tokyo DisneySea.)

annieb727
12-02-2005, 10:54 AM
wow!! sometimes I wish we lived closer -- dh even considered requesting Edwards AFB JUST BECAUSE of DL -- there would be absolutely NO other reason to be there!! it's still tempting at times -- we'd be there probably every weekend or more! being on this board and reading about people who go almost daily makes me REALLY want to move down there!!

the 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive wouldn't bother me -- heck we drive that now to get to my grandma's -- just to visit for a couple of hours!

we're going next week for our second trip this year -- we just moved to Washington after spending 3 1/2 years in AL, so it was our first trip (October for 10 days) since 2001 when we went as we moved ourselves from Oregon to Alabama.

we did get to visit WDW once during our three years in AL

annieb727
12-02-2005, 10:56 AM
though thinking about it -- most of you have a day long trip right -- well figured after this trip, it cost us just under $16/day for admission to DL -- so that's pretty good -- if they were daily trips after our anniversary trip, I could say I'd been there 15 times :p

twist1980
12-02-2005, 11:02 AM
You all are quite lucky to be able to have annual passes. I'll be there in a week and a half for my first trip of the year. I may be able to make it twice next year, so we'll see. I can never have enough Disneyland!

Disneynerd
12-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Only once a year for me, I'm a Michigander:crying:
But in my head, I'm there every day!

sierranevada
12-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Going for my fourth time next month. Wish it was more!

Perdie
12-02-2005, 01:34 PM
My husband and I went last February over President's Day for 2 days -and it rained the whole time-but we had a great time anyway! And then we went Labor Day for 6 days and we are going next Tuesday until Saturday! We JUST bought our AP's-realizing after 3 trips that maybe it would be useful for us!!! (We live in AZ so it's abnout a five hour drive-not too bad!)
And we are going to Disneyworld in February for my husband's 30th birthday!!!

sandiegorob
12-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Thank you all with the insane tallies. I'm printing this out to show my neighbors. We go 7-8 times a year usually, only 7 this year because other plans prohibited an 8th visit. About my neighbors, they think we're mad for going so much to the point of giving us a good ribbing now and again. They'll be happy, if not astonished, that there are more out there. Of course they also think I'm odd for reading and posting on a DL message board but that's another story.

Disney Daddy of 4
12-02-2005, 07:22 PM
We have had 4 trips thus far and have one more to go. We live in Reno NV.

Feb = 7-14

May 6-13

Sept 16 - 24

Oct 27-31

and Dec 31 - jan 5

I am a sucker for this mouses playground.

pluriefuture
12-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Six times, after I go this week.

It's an all time record for me. I think before this year I've only been to Disneyland four times total!

Splashfan
12-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Just once but it was a GREAT trip and looking forward to next years trip!