PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Parade Route Question

Mommy2NicknMax
12-01-2005, 07:25 PM
I can't remember when DL has both the parades, which direction each one runs. Can someone help me out here? Two of the days I'm there they have POD and the Christmas Fantasy parade one time each. The other two days they have POD once and the Christmas Fantasy parade twice. Sorry if I make no sense, my brain is fried!!! :|

cstephens
12-01-2005, 07:47 PM
When we were there two weeks ago, they were running PoD once (from Main Street to Small World) and Christmas Fantasy twice (first time from Small World to Main Street and second time from Main Street to Small World).

Darkbeer
12-01-2005, 08:16 PM
The Parade of Dreams (always offered once a day during the Holiday season) goes from the Town Square to iasw.

The first Christmas Parade goes from iasw to Town Square, even if it is the only Christmas Parade (Basicially Monday thru Thursday for the first half of December).

The Second Christmas Parade will go from Town Square to iasw (Weekends and Christmas Peak starting December 16th.)

If there is only one Christmas Parade, they return the floats to backstage behind iasw about 2 hours after park closing.

Every morning before opening, they move the Parade of Dreams floats from backstage behind iasw to the storage area next to the Town Square.

Mommy2NicknMax
12-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh thank you!!!

potzbie
12-02-2005, 09:38 AM
If you wish to see the parades scheduled for a given day, then go to:
www.Disneyland.com
or
www.DisneylandResort.com
... which redirects you to the specific URL (one of the "GO" web pages of the Walt Disney Co.).

Look in the upper right corner:
"DRIVING DIRECTIONS ... CALENDAR ... MAP"

Click on "CALENDAR."

When the MONTH appears, click on the DAY you wish to inspect.

You will see DL and DCA schedules, and Downtown Disney schedules.

For today (Fri. Dec. 2), I highlighted, clipped and pasted the schedule for Disneyland Park, and I pasted it below.

So here is a typical schedule:

DisneylandŽ park Hours:
9:00 am - 12:00 am

Parades Event:

"A Christmas Fantasy" Parade
5:15pm** 7:45pm**

Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams
3:00pm**

Entertainment Event:

"It's a small world" holiday Lighting Moment
4:45pm**

"Remember...Dreams Come True" Fireworks
9:25pm**

Billy Hill & the Hillbillies
11:45am** 1:15pm** 3:00pm** 4:15pm** 5:30pm**

Club Buzz Stage Presents Scot Bruce-A Tribute to Elvis
7:00pm** 8:00pm** 8:45pm** 10:00pm**

Disneyland Tree Lighting Ceremony
4:50pm**

Fantasmic!
9:00pm** 10:30pm**

Flag Retreat Ceremony
4:30pm**

Sword in the Stone
10:45am** 11:45am** 12:45pm** 2:30pm** 3:30pm** 4:30pm*

Before you go to DLR, you should always first go to DISNEYLAND.COM to see what DLR has going on.

Please note that not 100% of the entertainments or events are listed in the web page.
Some are listed in the paper schedule you get free at the entrance gate, and some are not!

Here are entertainments the web pages never feature.

e.g., (in DL):
The Dapper Dans; the Disneyland Band; Push; Dickens Carolers; The Trashcan Trio; Princess Story Time.

e.g., (in DCA)
The Miner Forty-Niners (blue grass); Route 66 (a capella 4-part harmony); Road Trip (surf guitar music)