PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Opened Again Today 3/20/02

Not Afraid
03-20-2002, 10:34 PM
At least one of the closed E-ticket rides has opened up again. It looks like they rushed a bit to get it open before Spring Break but there are noticable changes. The lighting seems improved, the fog machine was cranking, and there's some new interesting fire/torch effects. There's little picky things that need to be fixed but only real geeks would notice.

justagrrl
03-21-2002, 06:32 AM
So when do we get the flaming skull?

Not Afraid
03-21-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
So when do we get the flaming skull?

Hopefully never, but then I'm a purist (although I loved HMH).

lisap
03-21-2002, 06:29 PM
Maybe this is not a new thing, but I noticed a big metal "curb" rising up out of the water rounding the turn after the second drop. Is this supposed to keep the waves from sloshing into the boat--cause we had a very dry ride today. Or has it always been there and I was just paying attention for once.

cemeinke
03-21-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by lisap
Maybe this is not a new thing, but I noticed a big metal "curb" rising up out of the water rounding the turn after the second drop. Is this supposed to keep the waves from sloshing into the boat--cause we had a very dry ride today. Or has it always been there and I was just paying attention for once.

I noticed that too and was wondering the same thing. It does seem to absorb the waves that sometimes (in an overloaded boat) might slosh back over the sides. It also seems to direct the boat more sharply around the corner. Again maybe these were there before, but I certainly noticed them this time around.

The other thing I noticed was that while tonight some of the things that were out of sync yesterday were back in sync, some things weren't working at all, like the silouette fight on the city ramparts. We also got stuck on the bottom of lift for quite a long time. Not as bad as being stuck on small world, but I was beginning to perfect my drunken pirate laugh.

Not Afraid
03-21-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke

I was beginning to perfect my drunken pirate laugh.

That's just great!:eek:

I think we should have a pirate-laughing contest before MP:MA:MS. Ghoulish Delight does a mean laugh and Stan4dStef has gotten it down to a science. Now this! Too funny (except now I have to live with it).:mad:

msep003
03-21-2002, 09:27 PM
hello , here at Disneyland Resort Paris when they work to a Rehab it's so cheap . they put a barb to a pirate because we saw his machine insine the audioanimatronic , and they putted a flash picture ut not open . it was supposed to open on last Saturday but they are late now .

Not Afraid
03-21-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by msep003
hello , here at Disneyland Resort Paris when they work to a Rehab it's so cheap . they put a barb to a pirate because we saw his machine insine the audioanimatronic , and they putted a flash picture ut not open . it was supposed to open on last Saturday but they are late now .

Hello Paris!

I hope its open by the time we visit on May 7th! Keep us updated!

zapppop
03-21-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid

Hello Paris
I hope its open by the time we visit on May 7th! Keep us updated!

May 8th is my 23rd B-Day and Ghoulish Delight's 24th.

:D

Uncle Dick
03-23-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by zapppop

Wow. May 7th is mine. "What a small world this is."

Matterhorn Fan
03-23-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
At least one of the closed E-ticket rides has opened up again. It looks like they rushed a bit to get it open before Spring Break but there are noticable changes. The lighting seems improved, the fog machine was cranking, and there's some new interesting fire/torch effects. There's little picky things that need to be fixed but only real geeks would notice. Matterhorn Fan: Real Geek.

At least they pulled that one pirate's belt up. On the 21st, though, part of backstage could be seen (brightly lit back there) due to a missing plank below and just to the right of the silhouette sword fight that wasn't working. Anyone else notice this?

HBTiggerFan
03-23-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by zapppop

May 2nd is my 25...I will be an Old Maid. :crying:

zapppop
03-23-2002, 11:40 PM
My sister turns 25 this year but not until August.

BACK TO PIRATES:
The parrot is missing again !

TinkR
04-05-2002, 09:16 PM
Glad to see someone mention the missing Parrot! My 23 month old daughter was fit to be tied last week when she entered the building and her beloved Parrot was missing. She kept asking me where the 'Caw-Caw' (her word for parrot) was. I had noticed on my February trip that the Parrot was missing and had hoped it would be back by the time my kids came back. We are heading down on April 15th (to spend some tax return $$$) and I'm hoping the Parrot is back.

Has anyone heard what is going on with our fine feathered friend? When I was there in Feb. the castmember didn't know it was missing. I didn't get a chance to ask last week, too many people in line trying to get on the ride.

TinkR

cemeinke
04-05-2002, 09:43 PM
The parrot is back and sporting a parrot-sized pirate hat.

Now I'm not sure about the Red Head's right leg, her foot seems to be there but the last time I could see it seemed she had a steel post for an ankle.

TinkR
04-05-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
The parrot is back and sporting a parrot-sized pirate hat.

YEAH!!! My daughter will be so happy!! Thanks for the info!

TinkR