PDA

View Full Version : My favorite question!

Pages : [1] 2

pHluid13
05-16-2001, 04:47 PM
I love asking this question to hear what people think about it.

If you were given the chance to make one change OR addition to the park, what wouldit be? Remember, you only have one chance. Be fair and post only one. IF you have two, then pick the one that means more to you and post it. One only per guest.

What would you change or add to Disneyland?

TecTalker2K
05-16-2001, 05:02 PM
I would turn back time to when the park was younger and so was I.

ODV CM
05-16-2001, 06:02 PM
Restore the Haunted Mansion to its former glory.

tabacco
05-16-2001, 07:00 PM
heck with the HM, restore the whole park!

Tink
05-17-2001, 02:43 PM
I think I would want Walt's mummified body on display in a Snow White type glass coffin in the center of the hub - Just joking!!!! I thought to bring Walt back to life but he would be celebrating his 100th birthday this year and that might not be such a good idea.....:confused:

Red_Swarm
05-17-2001, 03:10 PM
Hmmm, let's see, encase Paul Pressler in a block of concrete and drop it in the drink.

:)

Karin
05-17-2001, 03:19 PM
I like the way you think, Red_Swarm!

I'm with the choice for the Haunted Mansion restored to former glory!

Napsto
05-17-2001, 10:48 PM
so many choices.........

Gauchograd99
05-18-2001, 12:08 AM
I guess I am going to take this question and tweek it a bit as some have done.. and change a person and not a feature. I would replace Eisner with myself. I know... a self-serving response, but there is a solid reason behind it. Eisner and other number crunchers have lost the Disney spirit which I definitely have. What can I say, I am a kid at heart and will probably be this way for life. By returning the Disney to Disneyland I can guarantee that the park would fluorish as I think a lot ****her down the road than the penny-pinchers do. Simple upkeep now means a lot less in expensive rehabs later.

Eisner out... Gauchograd99 in and you will have a happy day in the "Happiest place on Earth." :D

merlinjones
05-18-2001, 07:14 AM
I would add an overlay of (as a group) highly promotable nostalgic restorations across the park in honor of Disneyland's 50th anniversary. This would bring the park back in line with Walt's vision and reissue (just like the films) some classics to new generations while giving their parents a fond trip to childhood.

While this looks like a list, it would increase gate if introduced as a single overall promotion with highly marketable shots of the restored cool stuff in operation. All of this is attainable within the current building infrastructure. No new major structures are needed.

My nostalgia promotion would restore a Jetsons/2001 Tomorrowland in gleaming white/silver with Adventure Thru Inner Space returning in place of CircleVision building, Rocket Jets returning to the platform (send Astro Orbitor to Hong Kong), PeopleMover's return, Carousel of Progress returning from WDW (with Innoventions moving upstairs), return of the Skyway and a modern rehab of Submarine Voyage as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

The Tahitian Terrace returns to Adventureland with a fully rehabbed Tiki Room.

Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock return to Fantasyland (on Small World Way). Sleeping Beauty Castle is restored with it's Earle/Coats/Anderson stylized dioramas.

In Frontierland, the Keel Boats run again, the Golden Horseshoe Revue kicks up its heels daily while Zorro duels in the streets.

The Main Street Electrical Parade returns to where it belongs with some new floats.

Marketing copy "Relive the Magic. Only at Disneyland"

05-18-2001, 07:18 AM
Merlinjones, I'd definitely book a family trip for that. One thing: do you include a return of the Swiss Family's tree?

merlinjones
05-18-2001, 07:27 AM
>>Merlinjones, I'd definitely book a family trip for that. One thing: do you include a return of the Swiss Family's tree?<<

Absolutely. With Swisskapolka pumping loudly through all Adventureland! Can't beleive I forgot to list it!!! Another elatively easy fix. Thanks.:)

LuvTDL
05-21-2001, 08:11 AM
Hrmm.. what a hard question.. but lets see.. the one thing that i REALLY miss about Disneyland is a really good night parade..

I know the Electrical Parade is coming back to California - but to DCA.. not main street.

And not sure how many people know this.. but Tokyo Disneyland just ended their night parade called Fantillusion (a mixture between Fantasmic and the Electrical Parade) and is starting an UPDATED version of the electrical Parade called "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights"
Wouldn't it be cool if Disneyland could do something like this?!?!?

I love the fireworks at DL and all... and Fantasmic isn't so bad... but I'd LOVE to see a new light-filled night parade.. =)

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 01:55 AM
I do like merlinjones' idea, but since we're really only allowed ONE change, I'd go with bringing back the Carousel of Progress. Heck, it's not doing anything sitting there in Florida anyway. Update the final scene a little and replace Innoventions with a true Disney classic.

And barring that, I'd reintroduce the "Offenbach" number into the Enchanted Tiki Room. And bring back the keelboats.

Sailor Butterfly
02-07-2002, 11:15 AM
The ONE big change I'd make is to have Disneyland be marketed the way WDW always is. Anyone else find this incredibly annoying? :p

pboeoahr
02-07-2002, 11:31 AM
Replace upper management with someone that has clue!!!:D

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Sailor Butterfly
The ONE big change I'd make is to have Disneyland be marketed the way WDW always is. Anyone else find this incredibly annoying? :p

Heh, as far as I'm concerned, the fewer people that come to Disneyland, the shorter the lines. :D

Ghoulish Delight
02-07-2002, 11:50 AM
I JUST thought of this idea, and I think it's awsome.

It starts with returning the Rocket Jets to its rightful location atop the People Mover platform. Give it a snazy new paint job (but NOT the current Tomorrowland palette of colors, bleh!), add a nifty light show (for instance, once the rockets have risen, pump a light fog into the are beneath and have some lasers). Add some GOOD music (not the Orbitron garbage). Finally, mount a light gun in the rockets (Buzzlightyear/MIB style), and make the other rockets targets. Rack up points blasting your fellow riders (to be fair, the targets would have to be positioned such that you couldn't just keep hitting the guy in front of you). For added fun, if you get hit, your rocket would flash, smoke, and return to the lowest position, as if it had been shot down. Then it'd reset and you could rise up again and start a' shootin' some more!!

Yeah! I got more excited about that idea as I wrote it! I love it! Let's make it happen!

Gemini Cricket
02-07-2002, 11:56 AM
I'd attach a YesterdayLand to each land. In these areas, there'd be all the discontinued rides, restaurants, parades and attractions that used to be within these lands. They'd all be restored and back to their former glory.
:)

That, or an "Aladdin" high speed magic carpet rollercoaster a la "Rockin' Rollercoaster" @ WDW.

innerSpaceman
02-07-2002, 11:57 AM
Love Merlinjones' idea for a glorious restoration (and don't think I wouldn't commit unspeakable acts to have Adventure thru Inner Space returned to the Park). And since that great idea has been taken, I will propose the addition of one attraction that will be a restoration of a ride doomed too early and yet new to Disneyland, perfect for Tomorrowland - - - HORIZONS. It's Tomorrowland in a can, sums up everything Disney's Tomorrowland is meant to be. And if Epcot doesn't want it, we'll take it and love it.

TerryTiger
02-13-2002, 08:18 PM
No question in my mind...

The Flying Saucers!

It is my absolute favorite ride from the past. Of course, since I am the same age as Disneyland, I was at that optimal age for them when they were around.

2nd choice - Adventure thru Inner Space.

Oh but we're not allowed a 2nd choice so disregard that.

disneynut
02-13-2002, 08:28 PM
TerryTigger--I will take your second choice and make it my first choice so that we can have Adventures Thru Inner Space back. Loved the ride, the line (or lack there of and when there was one how quick it moved) and it was always airconditioned.

disneynut
02-13-2002, 08:29 PM
I got happy with the g button--I did mean TerryTiger. :)

Morrigoon
02-13-2002, 08:39 PM
I love the idea of putting Innerspace in the circlevision building. When I was a kid, that was the coolest thing, believing we really were shrunk, because I could see the "shrunken people" going through the tube, that was awesome! Plus, it was a family attraction (something TL is sorely lacking in) (Heck, it's sorely lacking in attractions, period).

But for my own original idea, I would knock down Innoventions (this is only if we couldn't get CoP or AS back, btw) and build the paris version of Space Mtn there, only rename it. Perhaps give it the name of a former DL attraction, "Mission to Mars" :D

blusilva
02-13-2002, 09:46 PM
I would add an "Atlantis" themed attraction into the Sub Lagoon.