PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight procession question? Please Help! :)

sunfun94
11-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Hi Ya'll....

My mom is truly looking forward to trying to go to this years DL Candlelight procession because of Dick Van Dyke. ( We are huge fans of his) I understand that there is no way to get dining resi's now but how do we go about even trying to get in and which day may be better? I had originally thought Sunday the 4th but from some other info found out on another thread about guest amounts it looks as though that date may be worse? I apologize for the nieveness about me, however I have never delt with this sit before any help wis soooo very appreciated! Thanks gang! :D

lisap
11-30-2005, 07:17 PM
If you are going to try to view Candlelight from outside the ropes (since you don't have a ticket) I would try to get there earlier in the day and scout out possible standing or bench locations where you can see the show. It is possible to see the show from the back, but these places fill up quickly. Be prepared to wait.

Also, talk to the CMs working Candlelight and see if they will have a stand-by line for empty seats once the performance has started. From what I can remember, they filled the empty seats with guests who are standing around the roped-off areas right at the last minute. I don't remember a stand-by line, but it does not hurt to ask.

CONNCR
11-30-2005, 09:14 PM
I have been going for the last 10 years. I have found the second show on Sunday night to have lots of extra seats available.

But, who knows. Each year is different.

DCACM
12-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Yes, the second show is your best bet for optimal viewing. Hanging out in Town Square all day in hopes of a seat is not advisable as there are 3 parades and fireworks that day...and there will be no "stand-by" queue for seats, just for standing areas in the back.

Also, Town Square will be turned into a "roundabout" during the event. Traffic will move counter-clockwise out the tunnel near City Hall, around the Train Station, then back in thru the tunnel near the Bank, then up Main St for a left turn at the Market House and back down Main St toward City Hall.

Helpful hint: talk to a Guest Control CM the day of the event for viewing advice.

THpoohbear
12-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Yes, the second show is your best bet for optimal viewing.

Does this go for Saturday too? or only on Sunday? I'll be watching the 'SC game and then will travel down for the CP on Saturday (can't go on Sunday), I should get there around 6:30-7. I'm a little worried. However, last year I snuck in a few minutes late and could see everything just fine. I just don't know with the increased crowds this year... :(

DCACM
12-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Does this go for Saturday too? or only on Sunday? I'll be watching the 'SC game and then will travel down for the CP on Saturday (can't go on Sunday), I should get there around 6:30-7. I'm a little worried. However, last year I snuck in a few minutes late and could see everything just fine. I just don't know with the increased crowds this year... :(

Second show both nights, Sunday probably being the best...thought you never can predict these types of things.

sunfun94
12-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks to all of you for the hints! I hadnt even realized that there was two shows a night! So am I correct in assuming that its not going to be in the fantasyland theatre this year?

stan4d_steph
12-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks to all of you for the hints! I hadnt even realized that there was two shows a night! So am I correct in assuming that its not going to be in the fantasyland theatre this year?It's taking place in Town Square.

hefferdude
12-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the info on seeing CP without a special seating ticket. We have two in our group that do not have them and may want to try and see it. For those that do have tickets, what is the seating capacity of each show, do they place seats with trees in the way, and what time is it best to line up?

sunfun94
12-04-2005, 08:49 AM
We went and saw the 1st show last night! It was wonderful!! Dick Van Dyke did an awesome job!

We walked back into DL just after 4pm and happened upon some standing room infront of the Disneyland 50 years show and it was a great spot! We saw everything and was treated to some gorgeous music!

**hefferdude-- the cm's told me there was no line up for those without tickets however there was ample standing room around Town Square though! Get there about an hour early though and you'll have a better choice of where you want to go!
Thanks again everyone!