PDA

View Full Version : Question on late fast passes and what's open in rain?

kimi911
11-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Hi everyone,

I know everyone seems to use fast passes even after their time expires. However, when you hand the passes to the cast member, do you have to tell them "I'm late, but is it ok?" Or can you simply hand it to them as if it was right on time, and they won't say anything?

Finally, does anyone have a list or can share with me what attractions typically close during rain at DL and DCA?

Many thanks!!!

annieb727
11-30-2005, 09:42 AM
you can just hand it to them...they do look at it, but they don't care as long as it's AFTER the time on the fastpass

sometimes (though not too often) you can even use them on a different DAY!

hlbtimes2
11-30-2005, 10:28 AM
When we were there in Oct we used most of ours after the return time. We only had one cast member even give us an odd look. We were about 10 hours late for Screamin'. I said "I'm sorry, we are a little late" He laughed and said " A little?". But he let us in line without any problem.

As for rides closed in the rain, I think there are a few in Fantasyland- Alice, tea cups, maybe dumbo?. Most of the rides are fine. Characters tend to go in when it rains. Parades, fireworks and F! can all get canceled as well.

SportyTink
11-30-2005, 10:46 AM
Been about a bazillion times in the rain and LOVE IT!!!!!!! The park is less crowded, it makes the warm rides even more cozy and you can't beat the river of blue parkas :p We specifically look for times that it is raining to go. I am bummed that this Friday it is supposed to rain but I already have other plans :crying:

Anyway, most everytime that it is raining Matterhorn is usally closed. Just thought that I would throw that one out there.....

DisneyQB
11-30-2005, 11:10 AM
It rained the past two years we have gone and I know for sure Dumbo was up and running during the rain. Unfortunately, the floorboard of the Dumbo had about 2 inches of water in it and my shoes got soaked. Flying around with the rain hitting your face didn't make it enjoyable either, but my kids loved it none the less.. of course, they were decked out in full rain gear.

Rain sure does cut down on the crowds. Casey Jr.'s enclosed cars are a nice way to get out of the weather too.

twist1980
11-30-2005, 01:02 PM
It rained the past two years we have gone and I know for sure Dumbo was up and running during the rain. Unfortunately, the floorboard of the Dumbo had about 2 inches of water in it and my shoes got soaked. Flying around with the rain hitting your face didn't make it enjoyable either, but my kids loved it none the less.. of course, they were decked out in full rain gear.

I also don't recommend outdoor roller coasters in the rain! I haven't ridden Screamin' in the rain, but I have done it at other parks (in the front car) and it can be painful! When you are going fast rain hurts when it hits your face!

Jeremiah
11-30-2005, 05:46 PM
The only 2 attraction that always close due to the rain at DL is Alice and Tea Cups due to the slick walking areas. DCA may have a few of the attractions close back by the lagoon but I have never heard of a "must" close. Oh and don't sneeze near the Golden Zephyr......easy close due to wind.

J