PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental

Skellinton
11-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Hello,

We leave for DL on Sunday and are now considering renting a car- we will be in DL from Sunday-Friday with a one day trip to Knotts. We have a hotel with free parking and are wondering if it would be better to rent a car than take the shuttle to and from LAX and a bus to Knotts.

Any opinions one way or another?

There are 4 of us- my mom, myself and my two boys- so price wise it is about the same either way (excluding gas).

Skell

Niwel
11-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Having a car might be good if you want to go somewhere without worrying about shuttle times (or if you want to go somewhere that the shuttles don't go for some reason). Also, if you want to get groceries and not shelp them around on a shuttle, a car might be good.
But if you are just doing DL and Knotts, you should be OK without -- plus no rental car fee, gas or parking fees. Where are you staying?

Wendi
11-29-2005, 08:49 PM
If the price is the same, I'd get the car. You won't have to wait for the shuttle to pick up or drop others off, and you'll be able to get to Knott's at your convenience, rather than relying on yet another shuttle. I believe the main buses to Knott's are a set schedule of a one-time drop off in the morning and a one-time pick up at closing time. You can set your own schedule if you've got a car... you can also cruise over to the Disney Character Warehouse store for some goodies if you feel like it, or make a run to the grocery store.

TahoeBob
11-29-2005, 09:01 PM
We have a hotel with free parking and are wondering if it would be better to rent a car than take the shuttle to and from LAX and a bus to Knotts.

Any opinions one way or another?I had a car rental at LAX from Ace car rental a PT cruiser for $14.95 a day unlimited milage

Bob

DianeM
11-30-2005, 10:03 AM
The first time my husband and I travelled to DL, we took a shuttle to the hotel and it worked great, but since then we have either driven or rented a car. We don't drive much while we're at the park, but like the freedom of being able to do so if we need to (and one trip the car was very handy - I got sick and needed to go to Kaiser, which is some miles from Disneyland). If the cost is the same, I'd get a car. That way you can drive to a grocery store for snacks and sodas and maybe to an out of area restaurant (or Knotts Chicken Dinner Take Out) for dinner.

Any opinions one way or another?

garrett240
11-30-2005, 08:50 PM
I was thinking a car would be good if you qwant to go anywhere else for meals. The resturants around DL are so expensive. You could save a lot on a meal if you drive just a mile or so.

Skellinton
12-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all your advice guys!
We have decided to rent a car- we are staying at the Candy Cane Inn- and the car rental is just about the same as we would have paid for all the shuttles to and from.

Now, about this character warehouse- where is it and what are its hours? DL is closing at 6:00 one night when we are there and that might be a good thing to do that evening.

Thanks again!

Skellinton

TahoeBob
12-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all your advice guys!
We have decided to rent a car- we are staying at the Candy Cane Inn- and the car rental is just about the same as we would have paid for all the shuttles to and from.

Now, about this character warehouse- where is it and what are its hours? DL is closing at 6:00 one night when we are there and that might be a good thing to do that evening.

Thanks again!

Skellinton

go dowh harbor over the 5 and then over the 91, when you hit orangefair it is in the orange fair mall on the right.its aout 4 miles total.
phone # (714)870-9363

My wife got a new mickey sweat shirt for $28.00 Mickey coffer cups for $4.00 each. I think I ended spending $55.00 there if I would bought the same amount of stuff at the park it would have been over $120.00