PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Named the Official Supplier of Musical Instruments to the Disneyland Resort

Darkbeer
11-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Disneyland Resort Press Release

Five-Year Agreement With Disney Includes Opportunity for Yamaha Retailers to Benefit From Relationship

ANAHEIM, Calif., Nov. 29 -- Yamaha Corporation of America, the world's largest manufacturer of musical instruments, has announced a new phase in its long-standing relationship with The Walt Disney Company that makes it the official supplier of musical instruments to the Disneyland Resort.(R)

Under the terms of the renewable five-year agreement, Yamaha will provide a full complement of musical instruments for use in entertainment productions and rehearsal halls at the Disneyland Resort. Prior to this formal relationship, Yamaha and Disney had collaborated on a number of individual projects over the last 15 years.

The "Happiest Place on Earth" is marking its 50th anniversary with the 18-month-long "Happiest Homecoming On Earth" in 2005 and 2006.

"It is a pleasure to officially make Yamaha part of the Disneyland Resort family," said Matt Ouimet, president of the Disneyland Resort. "Anyone who has visited a Disney theme park knows that music is a key part of the experience. That is why we are excited about working with Yamaha -- a company with a global reputation for quality, artistry and a commitment to the development of young people."

Yamaha's relationship with Disney offers opportunities for its authorized retailers around the country. In addition to the excitement and prestige of associating with the well-known family entertainment icon, retailers will have the opportunity to offer instruments for sale that have been played at the Resort. Instruments will be cycled out of the parks for retail distribution up to two times per year.

The Walt Disney Company is considered to be one of the largest employers of professional musicians in the world and Yamaha instruments will appear at numerous locations throughout the Disneyland Resort. The equipment placed in the first year will include percussion products, pianos -- including a CFIII nine-foot concert grand for the Grand Ballroom of the Disneyland Hotel, digital pianos, synthesizers and amplifiers. Additional equipment placements will be made each year throughout the next five years.

In addition to product placement, Yamaha will sponsor the internationally acclaimed "Disney's Magic Music Days" at the Disneyland Resort, which welcomes more than 100,000 high school students a year to visit and perform at the parks. Yamaha's logo will be displayed in the rehearsal halls and Disney's Magic Music Days back stage areas. Yamaha will also have a sampling of its technologically-advanced products placed in the "Innoventions" attraction in Tomorrowland.

"Disney is the world's premier entertainment brand, and Disneyland is the historical birthplace and focal point of that magic," says Yamaha senior vice president Terry Lewis. "Our new partnership holds a wealth of strategic benefits for us, our retailers and for Disneyland, all in a framework that reinforces the values of music and family that our two organizations share."

About Yamaha:

Yahama Corporation of America manufactures a complete line of musical instruments, professional audio products, customer-driven support products and computer-based products targeted to both the amateur and professional markets.

About Disneyland Resort:

Located on approximately 500 acres in Anaheim, California, the Disneyland Resort includes the Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure theme parks, three hotels with a total of 2,238 rooms and the 310,000 square foot Downtown Disney retail, restaurant and entertainment district. With 20,000 employees, the Disneyland Resort is Orange County's largest employer. In January 2004, the Resort welcomed its 500 millionth Guest since opening on July 17, 1955.

On May 5, 2005, Disney theme parks around the world began an 18-month celebration in honor of the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. This global event is the largest in Disney theme park history. For more information, please visit http://www.disneyland.com (http://www.disneyland.com/).

h_lehmann
11-29-2005, 07:27 PM
The piano at Coke Corner has been a Yamaha for several years now, at least.

jpeben
11-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Any musicians out there that will back me up when I saw Yamaha indeed makes the best instruments? (At least for me as a Pianist)

biolabetty
11-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Sorry, I like Yamahas, but I love my Steinway!:)

DaddyB
11-29-2005, 10:42 PM
They make a very fine consumer grade instrument. There are better, but Yamaha has spent years instilling a very good feeling into it's brand name for musical instruments. They're solid and well built with a minimum of plastic parts.

My mother purchased an upright grand in 2001 and while it's still a fine instrument, I was saddened that it doesn't feel the same as the instruments I played in college in the 80's. It just doesn't have the same rock solid feel. It's still a lot better than many of the other asian (and American) pianos, but it's still not what it used to be.

I'm perfectly happy with Yamaha being the instrument supplier of Disneyland... I'm surprised they're not already (or are they just 're-upping' their existing commitment?)

hmmm... Honda sponsored fireworks and soundtrack by Yamaha Instruments...

disneyhound
11-30-2005, 05:32 AM
I purchased my daughter a Yamaha flute a couple years ago. She needed an upgrade from her beginners student flute. The first acoustic guitar I bought was a Yamaha, I still have it, but love my Fender!

ghoofie
11-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Yamaha makes a variety of levels of instruments, from student to professional level. The Yammy upper end basses , for example, are
good instruments. I have used Yamaha gear, but currently not using any. I switched to custom made basses. I AM however interested in a Yamaha high end flugelhorn. In short, the student lines are just that, lower priced, good for beginners. The professional lines are adequate for gigging musicians.

steveb
11-30-2005, 11:30 AM
The best is pretty broad. My daughter plays a Yamaha alto and my 35 year old Olds tenor. My son plays a Getzen and a Yamaha trumpet. I perfer Roland electronic keyboards but my Yamaha CP70 electric grand and Rhodes 88 are pretty cool!
Steve

jpeben
11-30-2005, 08:31 PM
I have a Yamaha Motif ES8 and a Yamaha baby grand and I abosolutely love them. Its way better than any electronic keyboard I've played and from what I've read has the best reviews. As for Upright pianos yeah they aren't the best but they are sure better than most. My school (Chapman University, 3 miles from DLR) is a Kawaii based school and Yamaha beats them hands down. I wouldn't trade my baby grand in for any other piano in the world, well except maybe another Yamaha probably the CFII 9 footer. They also have very good percussion instruments. The vibes have always been great.

Simba's Mom
12-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Any musicians out there that will back me up when I saw Yamaha indeed makes the best instruments? (At least for me as a Pianist)
Sorry, for trumpets at least, Bach Stradivarius and Monet, not Yamaha. Honestly, every trumpet player I know at DL plays on a Bach Strad-I wonder if they'll be forced or encouraged to switch.

TahoeBob
12-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Any musicians out there that will back me up when I saw Yamaha indeed makes the best instruments? (At least for me as a Pianist) Sorry I can not back you up on this one, granted I do not know anything about pianos, but as a guitar player (Fender Telecaster) I would take a MIM fender Tele over any Yamaha guitar any day of the week. At least fender makes there own Guitars, Most yamaha guitars are made by a third party .

Bob