PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel Info

momtoaj
03-20-2002, 03:47 PM
We are sooooo excited! I have just booked a Disneyland vacation for our family (children are 1 and 4) next month. We will be staying at the DLH, Concierge level (I hope it is worth it). We have been saving for a long time and this is our first vacation since our kids were born so I want this trip to be special. If there is someone who is familiar with the DLH I would appreciate any advice. Do you know which tower has the best rooms? Are corner rooms better? Any other tips for getting a great room? Thanks very much.

tjrj
03-21-2002, 07:17 AM
I can feel your excitment from here:) Isn't fun to plan that "first" trip with the kids? For on-site with little ones-the DL is great. Easy access to and from the parks. The pool area is wonderful. Bet your kids will enjoy the koi ponds and the waterfall. There used to be a sand area for play but I'm not sure it's there anymore. Be sure to catch the Fantasy Waters show-it's free and from some rooms you can see it from your hotel balcony.

I've only stayed at the Bonita Towers there-it was recommended to me because of the large rooms. We are a family of four who likes to spread out and likes storage space. The Bonita Tower had that in spades. Big, big rooms with a balcony and lots of closet space and drawers. Very sunny and light-I hate dark hotel rooms. Also, it's the tower that's furthest from the pool-for nap time.

You can call back to reservations and request a room in which ever tower you want. You can request a corner room too. Couple days before you leave(I was told that specific room assignments are made about a week before) call back to check about your room. The earlier in the day that you check in, the better chance you have of getting the request that you have made.

One thing: there is no shuttle from the hotels to DL or DCA-anymore. Of course you'll have a stroller for the baby but the 4 year old will probably need one too-it's a hike. Try the Monorail station in DTD-in the mornings very little line to get in DL-unlike the front gates.

downingfamily1
03-21-2002, 12:49 PM
We have stayed in the Marina Tower (at least that's what it was called before the Neverland pool makeover) many times. The rooms are large and many of the upper level rooms with a pool view can also view the Fantasy Waters Show. We were always very happy, the hotel has a wonderful Disney atmosphere. Have fun!