PDA

View Full Version : Can I take your picture?

Mr.Bear
11-29-2005, 08:12 AM
Usually I try and politely avoid those CM who want to take your picture at the entrance of DL and DCA. This time we saw them taking pictures with personal cameras for people in front of the Christmas tree, then taking the professional ones. So we asked if a CM would do it for us. When they took their photos, on the 3d and 4th ones they asked my wife and I to cup our hands together and act like Tinkerbell was in our hand and to look surprised.
Well final outcome, we bought and love the photo of us looking surprised at Tinkerbell in our hand. It’s going to make a great Christmas Card.

Get your picture taken from a CM in DL in front of the tree, it's a great picture and Tinkerbell makes it all that more special.

stan4d_steph
11-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the tip Mr. Bear! I'm glad you got a good souvenir out of the photo. :)

Vegitabeta
11-29-2005, 11:19 AM
I like the Tinkerbell thing that they do. We had ours done in front of the castle earlier this year, but we didn't buy it, because my dad was looking at my hands as if I was holding a severed head or something!

itig
11-29-2005, 12:15 PM
I like the Tinkerbell thing that they do. We had ours done in front of the castle earlier this year, but we didn't buy it, because my dad was looking at my hands as if I was holding a severed head or something!

LOL! :p

hlbtimes2
11-29-2005, 12:19 PM

That made me spray diet coke all over my screen!

biolabetty
11-29-2005, 12:43 PM
My 4 year old wanted to know how Tinkerbell got there because she didn't see her when we were getting our picture taken. She finally decided that Tinkerbell must fly really, really fast, so you can't see her all of the time.

mi_mous
11-29-2005, 12:54 PM
My 4 year old wanted to know how Tinkerbell got there because she didn't see her when we were getting our picture taken. She finally decided that Tinkerbell must fly really, really fast, so you can't see her all of the time.

We told our son, then 3, the same thing. And asked, "didn't you see her?" He loved that she was in the picture as well.

They also do Stitch at DCA if you stop for one of those pictures. He is coming out of the ground in the picture. I bought that one, cause it was a cute picture of all of us, looking surprised.

Vegitabeta
11-30-2005, 09:27 AM
That made me spray diet coke all over my screen!
You would have sprayed coke all over the screen if you had seen his face!

cakimmy
11-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Mr. Bear,
Have you made your christmas card photos yet? Reason I ask is that some companies (if that is the route you are going rather than print at home) may not print the pic because of copyright issues. I just wanted to throw that out there to those that may want to try to copy the pic and have it printed somewhere.

MammaSilva
11-30-2005, 12:50 PM
Has anyone asked for a copyright release from the parks to use their pictures as their Christmas card photo?

twist1980
11-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Mr. Bear,
Have you made your christmas card photos yet? Reason I ask is that some companies (if that is the route you are going rather than print at home) may not print the pic because of copyright issues. I just wanted to throw that out there to those that may want to try to copy the pic and have it printed somewhere.

Wow, I didn't even think of that. I was happily reading this thread thinking that our picture that we'll get to take in two weeks would be a great card next year. Maybe not...

I know that when my little sister was in high school she duplicated her dance pictures. At Fred Meyer (and probably other stores also), they have a scanner and you can scan any picture and have re-prints done. In case you lose the negatives or whatever.

Probably the best thing to do if you want to use the picture as a card is to have the photographer also take a shot or two with your own digital camera. You can re-print those as much as you want! :D

Mr.Bear
11-30-2005, 02:25 PM
In regards to copyrights and making christmas cards.
I will be copying the photo myself, then "giving" them to friends.
Business that charge to make copies can't copy this photo because they would be making money by making duplicates of copyrighted material.
Copyrights involve making money off of someone else’s work.
Since I will be making my own copies and not making money from them, their should be no problem.
It really is no different than copying a photo of Mickey as a screen saver.
So copy at home and don't make money off the hard earned sweat of our favorite mouse.

Pirate Princess
11-30-2005, 08:28 PM
If you don't have a scanner you can try target/walmart/kmart/longs/walgreens etc. HOWEVER, sometimes there is a copyright embedded in the picture and the scanner recognizes this (too weird) and then the screen on the photo machine reads you your rights and tazers you.

(Actually it tells you you are infringing on copyrights and asks you if you have the code to enter to override this...) This happened to me awhile ago.. I had no idea I was doing anything wrong, so just be prepared for this as a scenario.. but it is worth a shot.

GrumpyUTboi
11-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Last year at DL they had my DD hold her hand out for Tinkerbell, so every picture after that she had her hand out thinking that Tinkerbell would magically appear. It made for some cute funny pictures.

EchoThree76
12-01-2005, 12:57 AM
where do you go for the Stitch pic?

Pooh bear
12-09-2005, 10:23 PM
If you don't have a scanner you can try target/walmart/kmart/longs/walgreens etc. HOWEVER, sometimes there is a copyright embedded in the picture and the scanner recognizes this (too weird) and then the screen on the photo machine reads you your rights and tazers you.

(Actually it tells you you are infringing on copyrights and asks you if you have the code to enter to override this...) This happened to me awhile ago.. I had no idea I was doing anything wrong, so just be prepared for this as a scenario.. but it is worth a shot.

As far as I know the pictures you BUY at Disneyland are not copyrighted. they are scanned... I had no problem making a copy of our picture at Walmart

Biscuit
12-11-2005, 05:01 PM
LOL THAT'S what the hand cupping thing was about. The CM taking our picture didn't explain about the Tinkerbell thing when we did it, and we didn't bother to go check out the official pictures.

jswtsang
12-12-2005, 05:51 AM
Ha! I went with a friend in Nov and he saw the lady asking two girls to hold their hand out as if they were holding tinkerbelle. Then when she said "Please hold your hands out in front of you as if you're holding something", He growled at her "I'm not doing it!" Poor lady, she ended up saying, "just smile and pretend your having a great time!" We didn't look at the photo, but I felt so bad for her and I'm sure it was cute!

jt

Vegitabeta
12-12-2005, 08:32 AM
LOL THAT'S what the hand cupping thing was about. The CM taking our picture didn't explain about the Tinkerbell thing when we did it, and we didn't bother to go check out the official pictures.
They sounded helpful!