PDA

View Full Version : Question about Downtown Disney Parking?

socaltexan02
11-28-2005, 07:27 AM
It's 3 hours free, right? And then 2 hours w/ validation? I have parked there before and took the monorail into DL for a quick trip...but I went over by about 1/2 hour and had to pay $6! I was trying to recall how long I get. And, do only sit-down restaurants validate? Thanks.

cstephens
11-28-2005, 08:22 AM
It's 3 hours free, right? And then 2 hours w/ validation? I have parked there before and took the monorail into DL for a quick trip...but I went over by about 1/2 hour and had to pay $6! I was trying to recall how long I get. And, do only sit-down restaurants validate? Thanks.

Yes, you're correct that it's 3 hours free with an extra 2 hours with validation. And yes, if you go over the time limits, it's pretty expensive. As far as I recall, all the businesses validate, but I'm not sure about World of Disney.

SportyTink
11-28-2005, 08:41 AM
You are correct on your timing.....it is 3 hours free and an additional 2 hours with validation. The only places that validate are sit down restaurants and the movie theater.

socaltexan02
11-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Ok...potentially dumb follow-up question...can I go get, say - a coke or milkshake at the "bar" at Rainforest Cafe or ESPN and get validated? Or do I have to SIT down for a meal?

percytheguineapig
11-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Ok...potentially dumb follow-up question...can I go get, say - a coke or milkshake at the "bar" at Rainforest Cafe or ESPN and get validated? Or do I have to SIT down for a meal?

I don't know about Rain Forest, but you can definitely buy something from the "take-out" window at Jazz Kitchen (like the bignets or an icee) and they will validate. You don't have to sit down for a meal there.

SportyTink
11-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Most any time that I have been down there if you get a drink at one of the restaurants they will validate......Everyone that I have ever dealt with has been super easy going about validating the parking. I just brought up the sit down restaurant part because you can't go to the ice cream shop (or others like it) and get validated.

socaltexan02
11-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks everybody! :)

Mrs. Newseditor44
11-28-2005, 09:47 AM
I don't know about Rain Forest, but you can definitely buy something from the "take-out" window at Jazz Kitchen (like the bignets or an icee) and they will validate. You don't have to sit down for a meal there.

Last I remember, they do validate there however you need to take your parking ticket and your receipt to the hostess at the Jazz Kitchen. They don't validate at the register.