PDA

View Full Version : Parade spot saving advice

socaltexan02
11-28-2005, 07:07 AM
I am going tonight (w/ my 3.5 yr. old) just for the Christmas parade. (We've seen it from afar/in passing but never staked out a good spot for it.) I am meeting a friend and her family there, too...they are ot of towners so I volunteered to go early and stake out a good spot. How early should I go, for the 6:30pm parade? I am not anticipating a big crowd (but have been wrong on that on other occasions!) - do you think 30 min. would be enough for a Mon. night? And, where is the best Christmas parade viewing? The hub? Small World Plaza?

Vegitabeta
11-28-2005, 08:28 AM
I would say that 30mins before it starts is early enough, and I have found that watching parades on Main Street is one of the best ideas, especially if you are taking photos!

TowerofTerror
11-28-2005, 09:11 AM
I say get a spot near coke corner for the parade . think get there 45 minutes early for a good spot. It`s better to be early then get there right when it starts.

momsat1
11-28-2005, 10:32 AM
We got our spot about 30 - 45 minutes early. If you can bring something to sit on and people tend to give you your space instead of trying to push their way in, it worked great for the parades and fireworks :)

socaltexan02
11-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Thanks! I have a little blanket for the occasion. Hopefully that will help. Thanks! :)

mowsluver
11-28-2005, 11:25 AM
We usually get to the spot about 45-60 minutes beforehand, and found that being on Main St where the benches are, just before the hub is a great spot! We have always had the parade stop there.
I carry an old sheet (folds up small) and quarter it longways, and lay it on the curb. That way the kids can get up and hit the restroom or get something to snack on and they don't lose their spot.