PDA

View Full Version : Five guests in Disneyland Hotel room?

jenpace
11-28-2005, 06:21 AM
We have reservations to stay at the Disneyland Hotel in the end of January for four nights (LOVE the AP Nights rate!). Originally we had planned the trip for just the four of us: dh, me and dd 7 and dd 3. We are now really excited that my oldest grown son, 21 might be joining us. Sharing the same room would be fine with all of us but since we have only stayed at the GCH and this is our first stay at the DLH I don't know what their policy is on limiting the number of guests per room.

Any information or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jennifer

potterphreak
11-28-2005, 06:33 AM
If you are staying in a room with 2 queens, it sleeps up to five people. Our room has 2 queen beds and a daybed. VERY spacious!!! Hope that helps!

LilysMom2003
11-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Along the same lines, we'll have 5 in a room at the DGC. Our room has two queen beds. We've never stayed there before and on the reservation, we only have 3 (or 4) names. Do they charge for additional people?

sierranevada
11-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Along the same lines, we'll have 5 in a room at the DGC. Our room has two queen beds. We've never stayed there before and on the reservation, we only have 3 (or 4) names. Do they charge for additional people?

I would suggest adding the names to make sure that you get the correct bedding for 5 people - 2 queens and a sofa bed. Otherwise, you could be one bed short. And they do not have roll aways at the GCH - just sleeping bags and camping mattresses.

Tinker Bell
11-28-2005, 09:51 AM
DLH also have roll beds. We are a family of 6. When we go we get two doubles/ or Queens. Then ask for a roll away bed. They stand up during the day for moving room. When not in use.

Rteneyck
11-28-2005, 11:36 AM
we always have 5 people when we stay at Disney, and they never charge for additional guests. I think the rooms at the DH Hotel are a tad bit bigger than the ones at GCH, all in all, there should be enough room for all of you.
Have fun!

Mrs. Newseditor44
11-28-2005, 01:52 PM
If there are 5 of you, I may suggest you request a corner room at DLH. They should have an AP rate on those but they a bit more expensive. We were able to get that with 2 kids (toddlers) and 2 adults and I loved the fact that there was so much room for the kids to run around in.

Susan L
11-28-2005, 02:18 PM
If you are staying in a room with 2 queens, it sleeps up to five people. Our room has 2 queen beds and a daybed. VERY spacious!!! Hope that helps!

I disagree with this. Our last visit was with five of us two adults and three teenagers. The room had 2 queen beds and a daybed and it was not spacious at all for us. If you could swing getting connecting rooms I would do it.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
11-28-2005, 03:11 PM
has anyone else noticed, the AP nights aren't even listed on the passholder website for January?
It's like they disappeared.

MouseWife
11-28-2005, 03:23 PM
To answer 'Do they charge for more people?' my experience is yes, they do.

The Disneyland resort hotels allow children 17 and under {I don't think it is 18 but you could check on the website where it asks for childrens ages, whatever they cut you off at} to stay in their parents room. I'd guess until it maxes out the room at 5.

This is what I've experienced at other hotels, as well.

Staying at the GC, well, I don't know the guests ages, or if it would be available, but they do have rooms with bunk beds. If they fit more than 5, with the sleeping bags, etc, I don't know. But, I think their rooms only have either two double or one king and a sleeping bag. I do not know for certain {as I never have had to} get more than one sleeping bag.

Good luck with making your decision. If your group gets hung up on this and you aren't having an early entry day, you might consider the Embassy Suites which can sleep 6 {two doubles and a double sofa bed in the living room area}.

MouseWife
11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
We have reservations to stay at the Disneyland Hotel in the end of January for four nights (LOVE the AP Nights rate!). Originally we had planned the trip for just the four of us: dh, me and dd 7 and dd 3. We are now really excited that my oldest grown son, 21 might be joining us. Sharing the same room would be fine with all of us but since we have only stayed at the GCH and this is our first stay at the DLH I don't know what their policy is on limiting the number of guests per room.

Any information or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jennifer

Okay, going back I see your info. {forgive my cold riddled brain:geek: }.

If you are worried, you can ask how much it would be for him to stay in the room. I don't know if there is a limit of adults/children ratio. But, they do say up to five. I'd enjoy those AP rates and just let it ride.

How nice that your son is joining you! I have older children as well and I know it is special when they join us on trips. :)

jenpace
11-29-2005, 06:28 AM
Thanks Mousewife and everyone else who responded to my query.

I called central reservations today and was told that the DLH won't charge more for a fifth guest even if he's an adult so that makes me feel a lot better! The CM I spoke with said that we would likely get a room with 2 queens and a daybed.

I am really looking forward to this DL trip in particular. We upgraded out parkhoppers to APs on our last trip in Oct. Being able to return with such awesome hotel rates (and of course not having to pay park admission) makes it so much more pleasant and crefree.

You're absolutely right about having kids with such a big age gap. I have three sons 19, 21 & 21 (twins), and two daughters 3 and 7. It really warms my heart to see how close they are.

I hope you recover quickly from your cold. It seems that a lot of people up here in Northern California are fighting one too!

Jennifer

MouseWife
11-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks, Jennifer! On the mend, knock on wood. ;)

I am so glad to hear that everything will be fine. Wow, that is cool that your children are grouped by girls and boys. That is nice for them all.

And, I will remember that about the resort hotels because other places do charge. Or, rather, they can charge.

Have a great time!