PDA

View Full Version : My AP Day + DCA Review

MonorailMan
03-20-2002, 09:10 AM
Well, yesterday I got my AP, things went fairly smooth, Here's a report.

Left the house at 8:30, hit some traffic but got there at 10:15, had to wait in a (long) line at ticket booth, went into PP to get AP, rode JC, then HM, then IJTOD, then rode train around 2x, went to DCA.

Now It's Time For A DCA Review:
Steped into DCA, didn't get that "Feeling" like when I go under the berm at DL. Then went to Sorin', WOW! I loved Sorin!, 2 prob. though, the "Cut" between scenes, and the no stuff do do while wating to board (Before the Pre Show), then the flying names of citys was very boring, OK, now I did like the Pre-Show with Putty, and the "These Little Beautys" part. Then after Sorin', we head to Paradise Pier, rode Zepher, then went to Screamin' to find out, OUT Of FPs! Didn't want to wait 45 min, so I picked up a FP for MM, then went back to Sorin' for 1 more ride, went to the car for lunch, then came back, rode MM (One Word For This Ride: Oww!), then went to Millionaire (At One Point I was #3) :), grabed a totilla, then went on ITTBABug, then DCA was closed.

My Review, DCA wasn't as bad as I thought, I give it a 4/5.

Back To DL:
We hopped over to DL (Big Mistake), it was packed, the BTMR sign siad "15" min. wait, A lie. Then after a 30 min. wait for BTMR, we went to grab the Train an NOS, It never came in about 20 min, so we walked back to the car then home. :)

I had a great day, can't wait to go back on the 28th with some friends.

(Also, your prob. wondering why I didn't go on the monorail, well Space was closed, and I never even went in the TL area.)

Techie7
03-20-2002, 02:01 PM
When you got to the park in the morning did you wait in the ticket line by the entrance to the parks? If so... I will pass on a tip that might help out others that was passed along to me. If you get to the park in the morning use the ticket booth by the DTD monorail station. Very few people and the monorail will take you into the park avoiding the line at the entrance. Works great for DL (Not as well for DCA because there is no monorail station in DCA). Glad you had such a great day.

Ace
03-20-2002, 03:47 PM
ahh... sorry. It's not Temple of Doom, it's Temple of the Forbidden eye. SORRY!

Anyway... I don't understand how people can leave in the middle of the day and come back later... When Squinky goes to Disneyland, he's in for the long haul!

MonorailMan
03-20-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
ahh... sorry. It's not Temple of Doom, it's Temple of the Forbidden eye. SORRY!

Anyway... I don't understand how people can leave in the middle of the day and come back later... When Squinky goes to Disneyland, he's in for the long haul!

Oh, well! I forgot, Big deal.

So really I went on IJATOTFE!

Nigel2
03-20-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Squinky

It depends, some eat at DTD or off site... or if they are at a hotel (this is a big perk at WDW) they can leave when it gets packed and come back later.

cemeinke
03-20-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
(Also, your prob. wondering why I didn't go on the monorail, well Space was closed, and I never even went in the TL area.)

Ah a true sign of being a passholder. "Yeah, we'll go there when there's something interesting there" :D