PDA

View Full Version : Sample Schedules wanted...

6ofus
11-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Anyone want to post their schedules for 3 or 4 day trips??? TIA

pisces
11-28-2005, 08:29 AM
TUESDAY Dec 27th:

8:45am? ---Register at front-desk. 9:20--- Special Tour/Soarin first ride of the day ----10:00 am ----Get Fastpass for Space, do Riverboat, Steamship, Roger Rabbit, Gadget's, Tiki Lounge....and back to Roger Rabbit -----1:00 pm Ride Space Mountain, then try to get another fastpass for Space (if available, which I doubt). ---2-3pm..lull about the fireplace waiting for room. 3-6 pm----Get Room then take a nap/bath/shower. 6:00-7:15 ish pm---Storytellers dinner. 7:30-8:45 ish----Christmas Parade. 9:00-9:20 pm Single Rider Splash. 9:20 pm---Fireworks. 10:00 pm----Go to bed for the evening! (don't want to overdo on my first day).

WEDNESDAY Dec 28th
8:45 am--wake up. 9:00 am--- morning tea at the fireplace. 9:20 am---Special Tour/Soarin first ride of the day. 10:00 am----Get fastpass for Space, then toggle back to DCA and hike to Sunwheel/non-swinging several go-rounds. Then do Grizzley River Run several times (single-rider?) if possible. Get nice and wet. 11:00-11:30 am go back to room to change/Young and Restless/Nap/bath/shower. 2:30 pm. get place for Parade of Dreams. 4:00 pm-5:00pm ride Space and then meander down DD, heading towards DLH. 5:00-7pm---Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen (Yes, I'm going to need the full 2 hours, and I don't care what their rules are!!!!).
7:00-7:45pm---Ride the monorail back to Park, then head towards Small World to find place for Christmas Parade. 8:45 pm. Ride Small World? 9:20---Look for a place to view fireworks/snow. 9:45 pm---ride Haunted Mansion?
10:15---Tiki Lounge???? 10:45 pm----Pirates??? 11:30 pm---Go to bed!

THURSDAY Dec 29th
6:30am wake-up and race to the park entrance. 7:00 am. Run to Mr. Toads, do twice. 7:30 am----Snow White's, twice. 7:50 am. Run to Peter Pan, do twice. 8:20 am---Pinocchio, probably only once, right? 8:40 am. Ride Space Mountain and get fastpass for later. 9:10 am-- Ride Star Tours. 9:40 am.---See about getting on the Steamship/Riverboat, if possible (when do those open????. 10:40 am----Park is probably a zoo by now, and try to make my way back to room. 11:30-4:30 pm---Young and Restless/Bold and Beautiful/Nap/Bath/Shower. 5:00 pm-7:00--- Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. 7:00-7:30 meander grounds of DLH and look at koi ponds etc. 7:30-8:00 make way over to DCA and take in a quick Sunwheel night ride. 8:45pm Electrical Parade. 9:45-10pm. Single Rider? Grizzley River Run---pretty at night! Get nice and wet. 10-10:30, go back to room and change. 11:00 - 12:00am Assorted Disneyland rides, probably Matterhorn, small world and splash......oh, I still have that fastpass from Space, woo hoo! 12:00-1:00am...browse Main Street Shops. Finally get to bed at 2:00 am. Wow, it's been a long day!

FRIDAY Dec 30th
Wake up 9:00 am, roll out of bed and race down to the Special Tour/Soarin first ride of the day at 9:20am. 10:00 am....head to Space Mountain to get fastpass. Toggle back to DCA for some Sunwheel and a quick Grizzley River Run. Get nice and wet. 11:30 ish---Go back to room to change/Young and Restless/Nap/bath/shower etc. 2:30 Head to original Park to look for place for parade of dreams. 4:00- 5:15pm Ride Space, and try to ride Buzz Lightyear. 5:45-7:00 Dinner at Storytellers. 7:15-7:45pm. Look for a place to view Christmas Parade. 8:45 Small World? 9:15---Look for place to view fireworks. 9:40 Indiana Jones? 10:00---Pirates? 10:30 Fantasmic? 11:00 Haunted Mansion? 11:30pm Matterhorn? 11:55pm. Splash !!! 12-1am---Browse Main Street shops. Get to bed at 2:00 am.

SATURDAY Dec 31.
Wake up at 10:00 am. 10:30-11:00 am pack up and leave!

DianeM
11-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Day 1: Go to park. Have fun.
Day 2: Go to park. Have fun.
Day 3. Go to park. Have fun.

Seriously - that's it. Everything else is optional. There is not a single ride or show for which I feel so strongly that I will not have a good time at Disneyland if I miss it. I've been to the park when every single roller coaster AT DL was down for maintenance/rehab, and still had a terrific time. I've missed both fantasmic AND the fireworks, and still had a terrific time. I find that if I go to the park with few expectations, then I am pleasantly suprised every vist - but if I go planning on trying to ride A, B, C, and D before lunch, I will be disappointed because A was down for maintenance and C was a 2 hour wait, so I didn't have time for D.

Anyone want to post their schedules for 3 or 4 day trips??? TIA

pisces
11-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Yes, but last year's trip, I did just that, and was left wandering and unstructured. I basically just followed the crowd and let them carry me off where ever the wind blew.

Although, I don't like to give myself too much structure......

Sometimes a little carefully planned spontaniety is a good thing.;)

hlbtimes2
11-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Here is my trip report from Oct 13-17. Sorry for the info in there you dont need. I dont want to try to edit it. Besides, its a good example of the ups and downs of being there, over planning, weather, etc.

We finally go to the gates about 3:30. The weather was HOT and the park was crowded. They made some announcements that they were stay open an extra hour that evening. We walked around a bit, and rode BTMR, Jungle cruise and pirates. Then we had dinner at French Market. The line there was super long. It took us well over 1/2 hour to get to the front. Then another 5 or so just to pay. I dont really remember what we did after we ate. The day was sort of a blur. We made it back to our hotel about 9.

Friday morning we got up early and had a quick breakfast in the conc. lounge and headed out. We debated between going thru the front gates and riding the monorail. When we saw the lines at the front gate we turned around and hit the monorail! We spent the first 1/2 of the day using ridemax and fighting the crowds and heat. Around 11:30 we had lunch at Pizza port. After lunch my husband and inlaws took the 3 year old back to the hotel for a nap. My 7 year old and I hit DCA for a few rides. Most of them had longer lines than we wanted to wait for, in that heat. We rode jumping jelly fish and orange stinger, then headed back to the hotel. I had a nap and the 7 year old went swimming with daddy. After our nap we had an evening snack in the conc. lounge, and headed back to the park. We rode space mountain with the fast passes we picked up in the morning, and went to find a parade spot. We had a perfect spot between the castle and the partners statue. It was 7, so we had some time to kill. Dh and FIL took the two kids to ride some fantasyland rides while we waited. They got the gold dumbo, rode Casey jr, and something else, but remember what. When the came back, dh and I went to find a snack. All the popcorn lines were way to long, so we settled for pretzels. The fire works were well worth the wait!

After fireworks we rode Splash (I will NEVER sit in the front again. I always set stuck there, and always get way too wet!). Then we met up with a coworker of my dh. She is from the area, we are not, so while they work for the same company they had never met. We rode the tea cups, Alice, storybook boats and dumbo with her and her little girl. After that it was late- about midnight, so we hurried to catch the last monorail out of the park. It was a late night! We were going to do EE on Saturday, but quickly decided not to get up that early on Saturday.

Saturday we got up and had breakfast, then hit DCA. MIL and FIL realized at breakfast that they needed somethings from a health food store. So, we set them up with a taxi and went on our way. We rode soarin' and GRR while we waited for them to come back. When they returned we rode Golden zephyr. Dh and his dad went to watch golden dreams while MIL and I took the kids on Jumpin jelly fish and orange stinger, and to play on the rustworthy. We did a little shopping, the kids needed some sun hats. Dh went and got us fp for screamin'. Then it was off to Goofys for brunch. We were very disappointed. I had heard such great reviews. I wasnt upset about the cost, but the waste of time. The food was ok, nothing special. The character interaction- our real reason to go- was really lacking. There was Goofy, Donald, Aladin and Snow White. Max was there, but we never had him come to our section. The characters quickly went from table to table for a picture and autograph. No real interaction- not playful or outgoing at all. Our two previous trips we ate breakfast at the plaza and really got spoiled by the great characters (pooh and gang) there.

After lunch dh, dd and the inlaws rode soarin'. Me and little guy were going to go too, but he had an accident while we were in line and I had to take him to deal with that. After the ride my FIL went back to the hotel. We went to the Aladin show, watch Block Party, played in bug land, rode the sunwheel (waste of time), and finally used our screamin' fast passes. By this time it was about 8 and the kids were tired and hungry. We hit storytellers on our way back to the hotel for some dinner. There was a long wait and service was slow. We didnt get out until after 9:30. By time our food came both kids were asleep on the bench, didnt eat, and had to be carried back to the hotel. Its a long walk from GC to the PP with two sleeping kids! We tucked the kids in, and left grandma to watch them. Dh and I caught the monorail over to DL. The lines were still really long, despite the fact it was 10pm. We ended up riding Jungle Cruise and matterhorn, then it was time to head back to the monorail so we wouldnt miss the last one back.

Sunday morning we tried to take it easy, and do things in an orderly fashion rather then rushing from one area to the other. We picked up FP for space, rented a stroller in TL, paid for our gold ears and got them started on those, and headed to the rededication on main street. Then we picked up our gold ears and hit Carnation cafe for breakfast. After that we rode jungle cruise. We tried to go to the tree house, but the rain had it closed. So, we hit the tiki room, complete with dole floats. Then off to bake toll house cookies for the kids. That is fun and free! About the time the kids were done making cookies, Mickey was climbing the matterhorn and we had a great view from where we were.

After that we went to Tom Sawyers island for a little bit. My kids love it there. Then we rode Pooh a couple of times, dh took the little guy on a canoe ride, and we had something to eat at hungry bear. We had a great time up until that point, then things sort of fell apart. I dont really remember what happened, but it was raining, I was stressed and we were running out of time! We found a spot for the parade, and I went to buy a jacket. After the parade We rode Indy, and went to find a spot for F!. While we waited dh took dd to ride space with fp we had gotten earlier in the day. While they were gone F! was canceled due to weather.

At that point we just left the park. We were cold, wet and tired. We managed to catch the monorail and hit build a bear on the way back to the hotel. It was the highlight of my 3 year olds trip! He build Fuzzy Lightbear- his new best friend. Both kids were out like a light when we got back to the hotel. It was the end of 4 long days for them.

We set the alarm for 6 am and ordered a 5:45 wake up call. Monday was to be our last day in the park, and we had EE and toon town madness to go to! When the alarm went off, I thought it was weird that we didnt get our wake up call, but got up with out question and got ready. An hour later the call came. Still, I didnt think much of it. We were tired and having hard time getting the kids moving. MIL came in and said that the conc. lounge didnt open until 6:30. I knew that and didnt know why she was telling. Then I put my watch on and found out why! We had been an hour off all morning. It was only 6:15, when we thought it was 7:15. The clock was wrong. We laid back down and rested while we waited for time to get the kids up. They were moving pretty slow, so we didnt get into the park unil 8:30. We quickly rode Peter Pan, and headed to toon town. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Max, and Pluto. Rode cartoon spin, and the coaster. Then went back to ride Mr. toad and the carousel. MIL hit Snow white while the kids and I did Mr. toad, and dh went to get us space fp. The next couple hours are a blurr. I know we shopped a little while dh took dd for pics with the princesses, including Ariel. We had their silhouettes (her with tinkerbell and him with Mickey) done on main street. We had corn dogs. Then dh and his mom went to see the 50th thing with Steve Martin and I took the kids on Astro Orbitor. When they were done we met up for one quick trip on Space.

We caught the monorail and made it back to our hotel right on time. Super shuttle was supposed to pick us up at 1;15. We got there right at 1 and they were waiting for us. We loaded up the shuttle and headed out. Its always so hard to say good bye to the park. We had uneventful

Disneynerd
11-28-2005, 09:44 AM
We usally take 3 day trips. I can't give you an exact scheudle because I don't know what rides and attractions are important to you, so I'll bullet-point my suggestions and what-not.

Do Disneyland the first day, DCA the second and the third day is potpourri - no pressure
Ride your favorite ride FIRST. Just in case it goes 101 later in the day
Make sure to check the ride closure schedule before you leave so there's no surprises when you arrive
Plan on what restaurants you will attend well before you trip, this saves time wandering around the park hungry. Do this for each meal, each day
Maximize your time by using fast pass
Don't worry if you don't see everything, it will give you an excuse to go back next year!!:)
Have fun!

6ofus
11-28-2005, 11:09 AM
I really appreciate all the help! The crazy schedule I posted prior was a 'rough' outline. I am not using ridemax, because truly the parades and shows and characters are more "must see" for us than the rides per say. Thanks again!